Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Major Ryan
May 11, 2008

Completely blank
I'll take 6D then please

football@jonespaulr.net

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

I'll take 10th pick in the 8th draft.

jut.orb@tutanota.com

LesBeardly
Jul 4, 2010

BEST BALLS ON SA AWARD
Wait maybe i misunderstood how this works, do we draft on MFL or the sharks forums? If it's not on a phone app i might need to bow out, hate to leave this late but i won't have time to be checking forums all day.

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES

Drunk Nerds posted:

Okay, :siren:ASAP:siren: We need to do two more things:

- Get me emails so they can set it up on MFl. If I don't hear from you in 24 hours I will see if I can dig up an old goon fish bowl email

- We need to assign teams to leagues

I'll take 8F, think that's still open.

apparition1123 at yahoo.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

LesBeardly posted:

Wait maybe i misunderstood how this works, do we draft on MFL or the sharks forums? If it's not on a phone app i might need to bow out, hate to leave this late but i won't have time to be checking forums all day.

The Rules say posted:

The drafts will be conducted on 8 separate myfantasyleague sites.

It's on MFL, they have an app. Also the clock is 12 hours. Get me an email and your football sharks name and you're good to go on your phone.

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Aug 1, 2019

LesBeardly
Jul 4, 2010

BEST BALLS ON SA AWARD
I know this is last minute but I gotta drop out, honestly I'm in too many leagues and shouldn't have signed up in the first place. I thought we would be just discussing who we wanted to draft as a team but it seems this is more each person manages their own team and I just won't have the time to keep up.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
if we don't find someone I could do two teams unless that's against the rules or something. that's the benefit of not really caring all that much, it won't be a lot of work

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Every league I commission has at least one alternate. I've contacted the alternate to see if they want in, and if not I'll put the second alternate (me) in unless someone else wants to post itt that they want in on this low-intensity fun.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Alright I'm in. Claiming 11E.
Getting the list of drafts, forums names, and emails all together now

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Drunk Nerds posted:

Alright I'm in. Claiming 11E.
Getting the list of drafts, forums names, and emails all together now

Thank you for organizing again!

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

dkj posted:

Thank you for organizing again!

No prob. I like event planning and being social. One time I planned a 75-person wedding for my close friend with only 10 days notice.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Ill take the 12th pick thats still available

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Drunk Nerds posted:

One time I planned a 75-person wedding for my close friend with only 10 days notice.

pretty sure i had a nightmare one time that went like that

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Info sent. Start periodically checking your inboxes for stuff like trade requests and draft info.

Play posted:

pretty sure i had a nightmare one time that went like that

It was awesome, my buddy wanted a potluck wedding with a softball game for a reception. I was like, "hmmm..." so I called his wife and she was like "this is my first wedding, I don't want that. I want a real wedding" So I called his mom and she said, "I guess young folks like casual, informal weddings, these days," and I was like "uh-uh, lady, I got spreadsheets open, let's do this!

Cervixalot posted:

Ill take the 12th pick thats still available

Done. I was hoping you'd pick that because it feels like that's the hardest spot and you've done the best in fish bowl, overall.

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Aug 2, 2019

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Drunk Nerds posted:

Done. I was hoping you'd pick that because it feels like that's the hardest spot and you've done the best in fish bowl, overall.

I was going to be hurt, but this feels fair.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Ben Nevis posted:

I was going to be hurt, but this feels fair.

He did win year 1 when we had 60 teams

Once info is entered by the commish, the league will be here:
http://www61.myfantasyleague.com/2019/home/42007

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Aug 2, 2019

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
:siren: Slight change to the draft order :siren:

Turns out the draft spots I was given weren't supposed to be assigned to us. In the interest of time, I just took everyone's draft spot and kept it the same. So now the order is:

Pick 3 in the first draft: Ches_neckbeard
Pick 10 in the first draft: dkj
Pick 8 in the second draft: Amergin
Pick 5 in the third draft: Wismail
Pick 2 in the fourth draft: Play
Pick 9 in the fourth draft: B_Sketchy
Pick 7 in the fifth draft: Zauper
Pick 4 in the sixth draft: Ben Nevis
Pick 12 in the sixth draft: Quarteroys (Cervixalot)
Pick 1 in the seventh draft: Alfalfa
Pick 11 in the seventh draft: Drunk Nerds
Pick 6 in the eighth draft: Major Ryan

1G alfalfa wins
2D Play
3A Ches_Neckbeard
4F Ben Nevis
5C Wismail
6H Major Ryan
7E Zauper
8B Amergin
9D B_Sketchy
10A dkj
11G Drunk Nerds
12F Quarteroys

I added this and the link to the mfl site in the OP

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Am I missing the draft start date/time? Can’t find it on the site

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Cervixalot posted:

Am I missing the draft start date/time? Can’t find it on the site

Hasn't been assigned yet, but on the fantasy sharks forums they are talking about starting the first drafts on Monday.

It's a 12-hour clock slow draft format

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Monday? hooo boy I hope this runs very slow so I can indulge my stupid hunches with more confidence

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

The 12-hour clock is nice and long. But, if it's round 1 in the middle of the day and you're taking 6+ hours on your pick, people will start to get antsy and message you. There are ALWAYS some impatient people in each draft. Just don't fall for trolls or get involved in nasty arguments on the draft sites.

Although I'm on the fantasy sharks team, I'll help you guys with questions since I am very happy SA has a team in this (and I posted about it here in the first place).

Two things you will want to make use of:
https://www.fantasysharks.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=136 IBL trade forum
https://www.footballguys.com/pickvalue.htm dodds trade calculator

Any trades during the draft must be posted at the trade forum, confirmed by both parties, and for intra-board trades approved by a commissioner before they can be accepted on the actual MFL draft sites. Across the IBL, people generally use the Dodds trade calculator to evaluate trades. Intra-board trades must be within 5% on Dodds to be approved.

People often negotiate trades on the MFL draft sites and in FS forum private messages during the drafts. Watch those things for messages.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

pmchem posted:

The 12-hour clock is nice and long. But, if it's round 1 in the middle of the day and you're taking 6+ hours on your pick, people will start to get antsy and message you. There are ALWAYS some impatient people in each draft. Just don't fall for trolls or get involved in nasty arguments on the draft sites.

Although I'm on the fantasy sharks team, I'll help you guys with questions since I am very happy SA has a team in this (and I posted about it here in the first place).

Two things you will want to make use of:
https://www.fantasysharks.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=136 IBL trade forum
https://www.footballguys.com/pickvalue.htm dodds trade calculator

Any trades during the draft must be posted at the trade forum, confirmed by both parties, and for intra-board trades approved by a commissioner before they can be accepted on the actual MFL draft sites. Across the IBL, people generally use the Dodds trade calculator to evaluate trades. Intra-board trades must be within 5% on Dodds to be approved.

People often negotiate trades on the MFL draft sites and in FS forum private messages during the drafts. Watch those things for messages.

Thanks. Luckily none of the time stallers from the fish bowl are in this one.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Oh yeah, I'm in. Don't think I can view the FS board yet.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

So I have to create a new account after receiving the invitation to MyFantasyLeague.com? And that's different from my fantasyshark account? What is the relevant connection between those two websites?

I'm a bit confused on whether I need to create a new myfantasyleague account or log in with credentials I already have. If I create a new then will it get linked to the proper league/team?

Play fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Aug 2, 2019

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Why do I keep thinking draft picks are tradeable? Dynasty has gotten to far into my head.

edit: sweet christ I just looked at the MFL site. That's just terrifying

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Play posted:

So I have to create a new account after receiving the invitation to MyFantasyLeague.com? And that's different from my fantasyshark account? What is the relevant connection between those two websites?

I'm a bit confused on whether I need to create a new myfantasyleague account or log in with credentials I already have. If I create a new then will it get linked to the proper league/team?

MFL is used for the draft sites (8 separate drafts: A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H) and the regular season main league site. It's the fantasy site. You will need to log in to an account there to draft and do your regular season lineups etc.

fantasysharks.com forums are used as a common forum-message-based communication site among the different "board teams" (this being the Interboard League and all). General IBL league news is posted there. Most importantly, TRADES MUST BE POSTED IN ITS TRADE FORUM and confirmed by both parties before executing the transaction on the MFL sites. You will need an account on the fantasysharks.com forums if you intend to trade or read league news. Trades are a big thing in this league.

Here is a very very common scenario: you're on the clock with pick 4 in draft B ("1.04B"). Zeke has fallen to 4. Some Cowboys fanboy is salivating over him. He messages you on the MFL site for draft B, saying "hey man I'll give you 1.06A and 5.06A for 1.04B and 6.09B". Being a goon, you don't check the Dodds calculator, and just say "hey there buddy sure sounds good!" You both go to the fantasysharks.com site, IBL trade subforum. He posts a trade saying "Cowboyswanker (FBG -- board acronym) gives 1.06A and 5.06A for Goon (SA) 1.04B and 6.09B". After he posts that, you quote the post and confirm. As it is interboard, it does not need approval. You're new and don't know what the gently caress, so the other guy "sets up the trade" by offering you 1.06A/5.06A on the draft A site, and asking to receive 1.04B/6.09B on the draft B site. You have to login to both the draft A and draft B site and accept both parts of the trade.

Draft picks ARE tradeable. It is VERY common to trade draft picks, even among teammates!

pmchem fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Aug 3, 2019

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Play posted:

Does your mfl account have the same email you gave me? Mine didnt so I logged into MFL and changed my email address to the one I submitted to the IBL commish today. Then it worked

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
I have the same email, but the invite link just dropped me on the main page until i logged in and then clicked the invite.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt
Do all drafts happen at the same time?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

wait so we can trade other peoples picks? A and B are different drafts. I'm extremely confused

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Alfalfa posted:

Do all drafts happen at the same time?

No. Typically, drafts ABC start together, then drafts DEF start a week later, and drafts GH a week after that.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

wait so we can trade other peoples picks? A and B are different drafts. I'm extremely confused

Assuming we get 8 full board teams of 12 owners each (SA being one of those teams), there are 96 individual owners and 8 separate drafts. As an owner, you will be assigned a regular set of snake picks in one of those drafts. Let’s say it’s pick 4 in draft B. You own 1.04B, 2.09B, 3.04B, etc. You do not have to “stay” in draft B. You can trade with ANY of the other 95 owners, even if they have picks in a different draft, including drafts which have not yet begun drafting round 1.

Thus your week 1 roster could be composed of some guys you drafted in draft B, some from draft E, and so on.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

So theoretically I could get double OBJ's?

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Ches Neckbeard posted:

The rules specifically outlaws having two of the same player, and now I understand

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Ches Neckbeard posted:

No. The full IBL rules are mostly common sense and posted here https://www.fantasysharks.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=134&t=343365 but one cardinal rule is that no owner may ever own more than one “copy” of a given player at a given time. So you can’t draft a guy you already own and can’t trade for a guy you already own.

However, you can draft a guy, trade him away, and then draft a different copy of him or trade for a copy of him.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Ok but if not for that rule it would've been possible? That's how I'm putting this together in my head

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Ok but if not for that rule it would've been possible? That's how I'm putting this together in my head

Correct.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Also I'm not auth'd for the forum/thread specific to the league. It's Ches_Neckbeard and chesneckbeard at Gmail

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Also I'm not auth'd for the forum/thread specific to the league. It's Ches_Neckbeard and chesneckbeard at Gmail

Your SA team captains should be helping with IBL subforum access on fantasysharks.com. To all: make sure your fantasysharks forum account is properly activated via verification email.

I’m sure DN or Sataere will help w/ this

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

It's all activated nice and properlike

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

pmchem posted:

Your SA team captains should be helping with IBL subforum access on fantasysharks.com. To all: make sure your fantasysharks forum account is properly activated via verification email.

I’m sure DN or Sataere will help w/ this

Lol I missed the email and then emailed support before I realized how dumb I was. Check for activation email, and if you missed it lemme know so I can tell the boards to put you in