Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

quote:

Drafts

There will be 8 separate 18 round drafts (A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H), with 12 owners in each.
The drafts will be conducted on 8 separate myfantasyleague sites.
Each IBL owner will be placed in a single draft, and every pick originally assigned to each owner will be in the same draft.
The 12 teams representing each board will be distributed equitably in the 8 drafts.
The board that won the IBL team championship the previous season gets first choice of picks (i.e., whether to receive the picks assigned to Board 1, or Board 2, etc.). The board that finished second in the team standings gets second choice of picks, and so on.
The commissioner of each board is responsible to place an owner in each draft slot designated for his board.
Each 12-team IBL draft will be a serpentine draft consisting of 18 rounds.
One copy of each NFL player and defense is available in each 18 round draft.
At no time may an IBL owner have more than one version of the same NFL player or defense on his roster.
A 12-hour draft timer will be used throughout each draft and will be turned on 24/7. If an owner fails to make a pick before the 12-hour timer expires, the pick will be skipped, and the next pick in the draft will immediately go on the clock.
Owners who do not have Internet access during business hours or weekends will be encouraged to predraft when possible and also to work with their commissioners and teammates to help keep the drafts moving in a timely fashion.
If a pick is skipped because the 12-hour timer has expired, the owner of the pick is responsible to inform an IBL commissioner of the skip as soon as possible. The owner may then choose any NFL player or defense that has not yet been taken in that draft to fill the missing roster spot.
If a pick is skipped, and the owner of the pick fails to fill the missing roster spot before the final pick of the draft (i.e., 18.12) has been made, the skipped pick will be forfeited, and the empty roster spot may not be filled until the first round of weekly waivers is conducted after Week One of the NFL regular season.
After the drafts are concluded, no trading will be permitted until the commissioners have transferred the final rosters to the regular season sites, and also had time to double check that all rosters are correct. Trading will resume after the commissioners give the all clear.

Rosters and Lineup Requirements

6 positions can score fantasy points in IBL games: QB, RB, WR, TE, K, D/ST.

IBL rosters are allowed to carry a maximum of 18 NFL players and team defenses (any combination).

At no time may an IBL owner have more than one version of the same NFL player or defense on his roster.

Starting lineup requirements are as follows:

1 QB
1 RB (max=3)
2 WR (max=4)
1 TE (max=3)
2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
1 K
1 D/ST
(9 total starters)

On weekends when at least one NFL game is played on a Thursday or Saturday, owners may start players who will participate in the early game(s), provided this is done before kickoff of the first early game. Owners may then submit the rest of their starting players until the scheduled kickoffs of their games.

Each owner is responsible to submit a correct starting lineup. If an owner does not submit a starting lineup, the lineup from the previous week will automatically be started.

Trades

IBL trades are overseen by the league commissioners.

The commissioners oversee the approval and processing of Intraboard trades (between members of the same board).

The commissioners oversee the processing of Interboard trades (between two rival boards) but are not required to approve them.

Intraboard and Interboard trades must be posted on the appropriate threads at the IBL forum and confirmed by all parties involved in the trade.

After Intraboard trades have been posted and confirmed by all parties, they must also be approved by one commissioner from a different board before they may be processed.

Interboard trades do not require commissioner approval; all such deals are automatically approved after being posted and confirmed.

Intraboard trades will be evaluated by an IBL commissioner using the Dodds trade calculator (http://www.footballguys.com/pickvalue.htm). The commissioner will use the calculator and good judgment in making his evaluation. The calculator will be used by the commissioners only for Intraboard trades, not for Interboard trades.

Whenever a player or team defense already drafted is included in an Intraboard trade, the value assigned to the player/team defense will be determined by the draft position where the player/team defense was selected.

Intraboard trading ends at kickoff of the first game of Week 2 of the NFL regular season.

Interboard trading ends at kickoff of the first game of Week 12 of the NFL regular season.

If an Intraboard trade is disallowed for some reason, the owners who requested the trade can protest and ask the other IBL commissioners to evaluate the deal. If a simple majority of the other commissioners vote to overturn the original decision, the trade will then be approved and processed. A minimum of 3 commissioners are required to vote on such appeals before the original decision can be upheld or overturned. The commissioner from the same board the trading parties belong to may not participate in the appeal vote.

Waivers

The waivers process is overseen by the Board of Commissioners.

Each week during the regular season, there will be two free agent bidding periods. The first period is called waivers; the second is called the first come, first served claim period.

Waivers will open for the first time after Week One of the NFL regular season has concluded.

Each week, after the NFL games are completed, all IBL teams will be assigned a waiver claim order. The waiver claim order will be determined first by worst winning percentage to best winning percentage, with the lesser teams having priority. The tiebreakers for determining waiver claim order are (in order): least total points scored, and reverse order of opponent total points scored.

There will be 4 waiver rounds each week. IBL owners may claim up to 4 players per week in the waivers process, 1 player per round. There is no limit to the number of players an owner may acquire during the weekly first come, first served claim period.

Any NFL player or team defense not currently on 8 IBL rosters is available to be claimed on waivers.

Waiver claims can begin to be submitted at the league’s regular season site beginning at 12 midnight ET each Monday night and concluding at 10:00pm ET each Wednesday night.

The first round of claims will be processed by the WC after 10:00pm EST on Wednesday night via the regular season site.

The first come, first served claim period opens to all IBL teams on Thursdays at 11:00am ET. When the free agent pool opens at that time, all available free agents are available to be acquired by IBL owners on a first come, first served basis at the regular season sites.

All players dropped during the first come, first served claim period may be picked up immediately by other IBL owners. Any questionable drop/add's by teams from the same boards may be reviewed by the Commissioner Board. If the Commissioner Board rules that the transactions were made in an obvious attempt to circumvent the rules about Intraboard trades, both transactions will be reversed.

The first come, first served claim period will remain open until 1:00pm ET each Sunday. On weeks with Thursday and Saturday games, all free agents playing in those early games are locked at kickoff of those games, but other free agents may be claimed until 1:00pm ET on Sunday.

At 1:00pm ET each Sunday, the weekly first come, first served claim period ends, and no more player acquisitions can be made until the waiver process begins again the following Monday night.

Individual and Team Competition

The Interboard Challenge League is both a team competition and an individual competition that begins Week One of the NFL regular season and runs to the end of Week Seventeen.

Beginning Week One of the NFL regular season and ending Week Twelve, each IBL owner will compete in 7 separate weekly games against 7 owners from rival boards.

The weekly games are head-to-head competitions, with each team matching the results of its submitted line-up against the results of its 7 scheduled opponents’ starting line-ups, resulting in 7 separate scores per team each week.

The 7 scheduled weekly opponents are always from rival boards. During the regular season, owners do not play games against owners from their own boards.

At the end of each week's games, individual wins, ties and losses are tallied and recorded, resulting in individual standings.

Also each week, owner wins and ties for each board are added up to determine the cumulative board standings.

During the regular season, individual and board standings are determined using the following criteria:
1 standings point awarded for each team win
.5 standings points awarded for each team tie
0 standings points awarded for each team loss

IBL Playoffs

The IBL playoffs begin on Week 13 of the NFL regular season and run to the end of Week 16.

At the end of the 12 week regular season, each IBL team will be seeded, 1 through 96, based on the final regular season individual standings. For seeding purposes, the first tiebreaker after total standings points will be total fantasy points scored; the second will be head-to-head record between any teams still tied; the third tiebreaker will be the Power Rankings provided on the myfantasyleague site.

After each team has been seeded, the teams will be divided into 4 tiers. The top 24 seeds will be placed in the Champion Tier, the next 24 in the Veterans Tier, the next 24 in the Rookie Tier and the final 24 in the Water Boy Tier.

During Weeks 13-16, each IBL team will play the other 23 teams in its tier exactly once.

During the IBL playoffs, standings are determined using the following criteria:
1. Teams in the Champion Tier will receive 3 standings points for a win, and 2 standings point for a tie.
2. Teams in the Veteran Tier will receive 2 standings points for a win, and 1 standings point for a tie.
3. Teams in the Rookie Tier will receive 1.5 standings point for a win, and 0.75 standings point for a tie.
4. Teams in the Water Boy Tier will receive 1 standings point for a win, and 0.5 standings point for a tie.

During the IBL playoffs, teammates from the same boards can and will play against one another, since they will be competing in the same tiers.

Weekly waivers and free agent claims will continue each week throughout the IBL playoffs, just as in the regular season.

IBL Individual Champion

For the individual team competition, the 24 teams in each tier will begin the playoffs on equal footing. Regular season records will be wiped away, and each team will start 0-0-0. The individual competition will be based solely on how teams perform during the IBL playoffs.

The IBL team in the Champion Tier that finishes with the most standings points accumulated during the playoffs will be crowned IBL Individual Champion.

In the case of a tie, the team with the better regular season record will be awarded the title. If the teams are still tied, the title will go to the team that scored the most fantasy points during the regular season. If the teams are still tied, they will be crowned Co-Champions.

The top individual finishers in the Veteran, Newbie and Water Boy Tiers will also be recognized.

IBL Team Champion

The IBL Team Champion will be determined by a combination of regular season and playoff results. For each board, the total standings points accumulated by its 12 teams during the regular season will be added to the total standings points accumulated by its 12 teams during the playoffs.

The board that collects the most total standings points over this 16-week period will be crowned IBL Team Champion.

In the case of a tie, the board with the better head to head record against the other board(s) involved in the tie will be awarded the title. If the boards are still tied, the title will go to the board that scored the most fantasy points over 17 weeks. If the boards are still tied, they will be crowned Co-Champions.

Above is a full copy of the IBL overview / rules post that I previously linked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
So, I'm going to give a full explanation of any relevant rules this weekend, but here are my early takeaways:

- Preseason trading is super-encouraged and extra fun: You can trade into another draft, WHAAAAT?! They use a trade calculator and reject any trades that come out even remotely lopsided, so don't be afraid that you're getting ripped off because we're new.

- Drafts are staggered: first three fire at about the same time, but with a slow clock. So if you're getting your feet under you and want to just wait until the draft is underway to figure out what is going on, it's totally okay, you won't miss out on the drafting fun.

- The hardest part is figuring out the channels of communication. Seems like most stuff is done on the fantasy sharks board, partially because mfl's messageboard gives me a big ol' "THIS SITE CAN'T BE REACHED" error, so check there first.

- The main point of our involvement this year is to connect with a forums network and have fun, so if you're anxious/aren't achieving both of those points, contact me and I'll get you streamlined towards socially entertaining fantasy action.

- "Socially entertaining fantasy action" does not mean group orgies, just want to cut that off at the pass so no one ends up sad and naked.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

Drunk Nerds posted:

Update: League is here!
http://www61.myfantasyleague.com/2019/home/42007

Even if you're not in it, check up on how your favorite forums is doing.

Draft Order:
Pick 3 in the first draft: Ches_neckbeard
Pick 10 in the first draft: dkj
Pick 8 in the second draft: Amergin
Pick 5 in the third draft: Wismail
Pick 2 in the fourth draft: Play
Pick 9 in the fourth draft: B_Sketchy
Pick 7 in the fifth draft: Zauper
Pick 4 in the sixth draft: Ben Nevis
Pick 12 in the sixth draft: Quarteroys (Cervixalot)
Pick 1 in the seventh draft: Alfalfa
Pick 11 in the seventh draft: Drunk Nerds
Pick 6 in the eighth draft: Major Ryan

Is that right?

I thought I had 1st pick in 3rd draft. 1C

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Alfalfa posted:

Is that right?

I thought I had 1st pick in 3rd draft. 1C

Yes, turns out I got sent the wrong drafts. In the interest of time, I just took the new, correct drafts and assigned people based on the pick they chose from the previous list.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
ok 3 things

1) still no access to the trade forum
2) which MFL app is the official one? There's one by Ken Pespisa and another by Chris Stewart
3) can we discuss trades amongst ourselves here? I wouldn't mind moving back a touch in the 1st. I've got 3rd overall in the A draft

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Ches Neckbeard posted:

ok 3 things

1) still no access to the trade forum
2) which MFL app is the official one? There's one by Ken Pespisa and another by Chris Stewart
3) can we discuss trades amongst ourselves here? I wouldn't mind moving back a touch in the 1st. I've got 3rd overall in the A draft

I have no access to trade for as well.

I use MFL Platinum app with great results.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

There is no official MFL app. Platinum seems the most widely used and best rated. I use it and while it’s not intuitive, neither is MFL, and I don’t remember seeing any issues, bugs, or glitches with it.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Drunk Nerds posted:

:siren: Slight change to the draft order :siren:

Turns out the draft spots I was given weren't supposed to be assigned to us. In the interest of time, I just took everyone's draft spot and kept it the same. So now the order is:

Pick 3 in the first draft: Ches_neckbeard
Pick 10 in the first draft: dkj
Pick 8 in the second draft: Amergin
Pick 5 in the third draft: Wismail
Pick 2 in the fourth draft: Play
Pick 9 in the fourth draft: B_Sketchy
Pick 7 in the fifth draft: Zauper
Pick 4 in the sixth draft: Ben Nevis
Pick 12 in the sixth draft: Quarteroys (Cervixalot)
Pick 1 in the seventh draft: Alfalfa
Pick 11 in the seventh draft: Drunk Nerds
Pick 6 in the eighth draft: Major Ryan

1G alfalfa wins
2D Play
3A Ches_Neckbeard
4F Ben Nevis
5C Wismail
6H Major Ryan
7E Zauper
8B Amergin
9D B_Sketchy
10A dkj
11G Drunk Nerds
12F Quarteroys

I added this and the link to the mfl site in the OP
I literally just wanted to be in the first draft, heh. It's fine though.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Zauper posted:

I literally just wanted to be in the first draft, heh. It's fine though.

Well you can trade into it!

I'm looking to trade into another draft. I dont care which one, I just want to be a part of this wackiness.

I have 11G

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Alfalfa posted:

I have no access to trade for as well.

I use MFL Platinum app with great results.

So just to clarify, you can't access this forum?
https://www.fantasysharks.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=132

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Drunk Nerds posted:

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Drunk Nerds posted:

Correct

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Okay I sent a message to the commish about you and alfalfa.

You're not missing much, there's really no action right now. I guess teams are just trading among themselves or maybe they wait for the drafts to start.

Or... pmchem is there some trade exchange I'm missing? I'm looking at the IBL trade board and there's just two posts this year.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Quarterroys I'll trade you the 3.11 pick in draft G for the 3.12 pick in your draft?

I'll trade anyone pick 6.02, 8.02, 10.02, 12.02, or 14.02 for their corresponding round pick in a different draft.

I just want to get in as many drafts as possible

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Drunk Nerds posted:

You're not missing much, there's really no action right now. I guess teams are just trading among themselves or maybe they wait for the drafts to start.

Or... pmchem is there some trade exchange I'm missing? I'm looking at the IBL trade board and there's just two posts this year.

you're not missing anything yet. In general, trades don't happen until the first set of drafts kick off. Any trades would be posted in the trade forum's intraboard or interboard trade threads. Most trade chat will be on the actual draft sites as the drafts are in progress (often in private messages on MFL and then foraying into private messages on fantasysharks before the final trade is posted).

but yes get the entire SA team access to that forum ASAP. Makes sure you have their exact fantasysharks forum name, spaces/dashes/etc. included.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

1.3A is up for dealing. Wouldn't mind moving back to 1.5-9 if anyone's up for it.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Ches Neckbeard posted:

1.3A is up for dealing. Wouldn't mind moving back to 1.5-9 if anyone's up for it.

I'll make you an offer in public here in this thread as an example for what you guys may get offered when the drafts actually begin. Since I've given and received a lot of IBL trade offers. This is a real offer -- if you accept, I will execute this trade with you as soon as you get trade subforum access.

"I have 1.07B. I'm pretty happy with the 7-spot but it's also right in your sweet spot range that you want and I wouldn't mind moving up at the right price. I'll give 1.07B and 5.07B for your 1.03A and 6.10A. That's under 5% on Dodds. What do you think?"

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Team SA, Evaluate this trade offer I received, please:
I'll propose something to you; Your picks in a later draft (g). Mine in the middle draft (d)

My 4.07, 5.06 , 13.06, 18.07

For your 5.11, 6.02 , 7.11, 8.02

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Drunk Nerds posted:

I'll propose something to you; Your picks in a later draft (g). Mine in the middle draft (d)

Did you evaluate it on Dodds? What's the percent there?

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

pmchem posted:

Did you evaluate it on Dodds? What's the percent there?

-9 against. If I bump it up to a 9th from him instead of a 13 it's 1 against, so I countered with that.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Drunk Nerds posted:

-9 against. If I bump it up to a 9th from him instead of a 13 it's 1 against, so I countered with that.

I imagine he will accept that, he was clearly trying to drain value from you since SA is new. There’s no need to rush into mid/late round trades just yet. They’ll come fast and furious later.

Note that after round 15 or so, Dodds calc breaks down and can’t be relied upon.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Drunk Nerds posted:

I don't know what Dodds is, and don't trust trade calculators... But that's super slanted.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Zauper posted:

I don't know what Dodds is, and don't trust trade calculators... But that's super slanted.

I like it. 4.07 gets me a shot at a decent RB2: MFL has Freeman and Ingram going around there. After round 5 I really lose interest, the guys there aren't really that interesting to me more than the guys that will be there if he gives me that 9.06.

Plus trading up in the 5th gets me a way better shot at those high upside WR2s that seem to get runs in that round.

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Aug 4, 2019

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES

Drunk Nerds posted:

I should've checked earlier I apologize, it looks like I need access to that forum too.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Amergin posted:

I should've checked earlier I apologize, it looks like I need access to that forum too.

added to the thread, thanks

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

pmchem posted:

I'll make you an offer in public here in this thread as an example for what you guys may get offered when the drafts actually begin. Since I've given and received a lot of IBL trade offers. This is a real offer -- if you accept, I will execute this trade with you as soon as you get trade subforum access.

"I have 1.07B. I'm pretty happy with the 7-spot but it's also right in your sweet spot range that you want and I wouldn't mind moving up at the right price. I'll give 1.07B and 5.07B for your 1.03A and 6.10A. That's under 5% on Dodds. What do you think?"

Deal.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Drunk Nerds posted:

Quarterroys I'll trade you the 3.11 pick in draft G for the 3.12 pick in your draft?

I'll trade anyone pick 6.02, 8.02, 10.02, 12.02, or 14.02 for their corresponding round pick in a different draft.

I just want to get in as many drafts as possible

Sure why not.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Amergin posted:

Yeah, me too.

B_sketchy
May 31, 2019

I just wanted to throw it out there that I am intimately familiar with MFL. So if anyone has any problems or questions I’m happy to help.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Okay. I made the offer in public so that your SA teammates would have a chance to look at the trade and comment. That's pretty common within teams, getting trade opinions from teammates (like what DN did). But nobody here commented so we have to assume they all thought it was close enough to fair. It's in my favor on Dodds %, but, the amount it's in favor is an example of the price you'll have to pay to make a move you want to make sometimes. Dodds calc also overvalues in the top handful of picks in the draft, in my personal opinion.

So to make this trade a reality, you need to go to https://www.fantasysharks.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=136&t=351568 and post the offer in this format:

quote:

Ches Neckbeard (SA) gives:
1.03A, 6.10A

chem (FS) gives:
1.07B, 5.07B

Then, I'll quote that confirming that I accept the trade. After I accept, I'll go to the draft A and draft B sites and offer the parts of the on each site. Then you have to go accept the trade on each draft site. Then we're done!

Speaking of draft sites, I received 8 emails from MFL this morning inviting me to link my account to a franchise at each of the 8 IBL draft sites. This is how you get set up at each draft site and you should all check your email / spam folders for those emails. The emails looked like this:

quote:

The league commissioner has invited you to join the MyFantasyLeague.com league
"IBL - DRAFT E" and team named "chem (FS 7B)".

To accept this invitation click the following link:

http://mfl2019.com/58137/248/FRANCHISE(long url)

All of team SA should go find those emails and click on all the 8 links, and if you have not received them, make sure your MFL account it set up with the email you think it is and check your spam folder. Barring that, check with your team captain to make sure your team's MFL accounts are set up correctly and links have been triggered to be sent to you all.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Still not in the trade forum heh

B_sketchy
May 31, 2019

Oof I just realized I don't have access either.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Drunk Nerds has a made a thread to get some of you guys access and I just made another post in the thread emphasizing he's the new team trying to get set up. I'm sure someone will sort out your access in the next day or so.

In the meantime, Ches, don't make your 1.03A pick tomorrow until we have sorted out the access and trade.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Cervixalot posted:

Sure why not.

Okay I posted it in the trade forum. If you have access, go in there and confirm it.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Still not in the trade forum heh

you should have access now, 625james just gave a bunch of SA people access

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

pmchem posted:

you should have access now, 625james just gave a bunch of SA people access

Negatory

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

I'm in

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

ok, I saw and accepted your trade on the FS forum. But, there is a problem at the MFL site for draft A. Draft A isn't snaking (someone screwed up its setup), so we need to wait on it to be fixed before you actually possess 6.10A. Hopefully someone will do that this afternoon. Once that's fixed I'll set up the trade on MFL.

Drunk Nerds, also see the follow-up FS post to your attempt at a 3.11/3.12 trade. Since it's a trade among members of the same team, it has to be posted in the "intraboard" trade thread instead of the "interboard" thread. You want to post it here: https://www.fantasysharks.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=136&t=351567

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

ok Ches, draft A is fixed and I proposed the trades on MFL. Accept on both the draft A and draft B sites and we're all done!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
I think I see the issue alfalfa, I messed it up. Note sent to commisioner.