Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
DOS and Windows 3.1 was on our first family computer we got back in the early 90’s. It had a few games on it that rocked.

One was this.... 2-d platformer where I was like a knight or a wizard? I remember it being very hard. I think all the shapes and characters were all just rainbow colored outlines. Everything else was black.

This is more than twenty five years ago so my memory may not be very clear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

RC and Moon Pie posted:

American TV show, mid-1990s.

Grandpa is babysitting his grandson one night. It's also the night of a big boxing match on PPV. Grandpa is eagerly wanting to watch this match because he's spent a lot of money ordering it. The bell rings and the kid calls out for help. He's gotten on top/hung on the fridge and can't get down.

Grandpa gets him down in seconds, but when he gets back to the TV, the match is over. Knockout immediately after the bell. Grandpa thinks he'll at least be saved by the replay, but it seems something else distracts him from that as well.

I initially thought the series was called Shaky Ground - which indeed has a boxing episode - but that episode is on YouTube and this isn't it.

This sounds like an episode of Rugrats.

EDIT: Nope.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Okay I got one for you guys...

I'm looking for something VERY similar to Beyond the Mind's Eye. When I first started looking for this video, I came across Beyond the Mind's Eye, and was originally sure it had to be part of the series, but the more of it I watched, I was never able to find the any Beyond the Mind's Eye that was what I was looking for.

And in retrospect, the video I am looking for differs slightly in that Beyond the Mind's Eye seems much more created for the purpose of art. Whereas the video I'm looking for seemed like it was created more as a tech demo of computer graphics.

This VHS video would have been from the late 1980's-early 1990's. My dad had this video and was an architect at the time. He would have been using computer programs like AutoCAD, so its reasonable to assume he was given this video as part of a tech demo at work or something.

It wasn't feature length, and was probably 20-45 minutes long on VHS. All the different computer animated segments were set to synthy music. Some of the ones I remember are a skeleton playing the drums to a rock song. There was something that looked like a demo of laser eye surgery. And something about a butterfly.

Any ideas?

Here's Beyond the Mind's Eye for reference. But As I said I haven't seen any of those segments from any of these videos up on youtube.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHllSEYSYcU

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Looking for this animated short from the 1970’s (possibly 1960’s) that featured mostly abstract shapes moving an interacting in an urban setting. Lots of purple. Tone was one of fear, danger, strife. No words that I can remember. Just music. Lots of repeating sequences.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

Looking for this animated short from the 1970’s (possibly 1960’s) that featured mostly abstract shapes moving an interacting in an urban setting. Lots of purple. Tone was one of fear, danger, strife. No words that I can remember. Just music. Lots of repeating sequences.

I found it!

https://youtu.be/IL45YOtbuy0

1983. I was close.

Milo and POTUS posted:

Seems like a Sesame Street bit but IDK much about sesame street to help

The same animator apparently did some of those too.

https://youtu.be/y223gPkk_lI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

thedangergroove posted:

A friend of mine is looking for a video and described it as "a goofy video floating around where like a 90s cool computer guy is sitting at a computer and he shows you images and says to guess if it is real or a simulation, and he's like "FOOL! It was a simulation!".

I couldn't find what he was talking about, any ideas?

Sounds right out if Beyond Belief: Fact or Fiction.

https://youtu.be/tW86QdnqEhY