Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

I really want a copy of Clue: The Great Museum Caper, drat it.

I've also been looking for this weird edutainment game I played in like '93, where I think you had just moved to a house and found an old coin or doubloon in your bedroom that let you talk to a ghost and learn about ....whaling, if I'm remembering correctly. Every few years I ask about this in the "help us remember a game" thread to no avail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

:aaaaa: i can't be sure but drat if it's not the closest thing I've seen, I think

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

like fifteen years ago there was a nice little autobiographical blog webcomic called malfunction junction by matt milby or trilby or something idk, it was very chill and i liked the art and i think it's gone forever now

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

eh nvm

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

food court bailiff posted:

I really want a copy of Clue: The Great Museum Caper, drat it.

I am now the proud owner of a copy of Clue: The Great Museum Caper, and I beat my wife's family soundly by making off with three paintings. :colbert:

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Arrhythmia posted:

It's Primer dude.

Primer came out before 2009 and also sounds nothing at all like what is being described there.

I mean okay if you squint a little, maybe, but the guy definitely isn't sabotaging anything.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

I was gonna say it sounds like Primer but not quite, but I just remembered there is in fact a fairly important part of Primer involving sabotaging the original experiment. I don't think you ever actually see it fail or w/e tho. It sounds really familiar but I can't place it.

....What? I think you're misremembering.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Axolotl posted:

I'm looking for the name of this cartoon my wife and I saw about 5-6 years ago that we only caught the tail end of and have only vague memories of. We feel like it was Family Guy, or Bob's Burgers, or something like that but can't find any actual episodes that match what we half-remember of it.

1. There were obviously main characters, which we think might have been two kids and a dad or grandfather. There may have been an animal companion who is also a main character and otherwise acts like a human.
2. It was set on a boat, we think with multiple levels like a cruise ship or an old paddlewheel steamboat.
3. We *think* the main characters were saving the boat passengers and/or themselves from a flood or storm, or maybe even the end of the world. This might have involved time travel.
4. We think one or more of the passengers might have been a ghost or spirit or something. We half-remember that she might have been dressed in a fancy late 1800s style. Maybe.
5. I think they saved the people and themselves and maybe returned to their own time.
6. I don't think this is an obscure cartoon. We would have seen it on the Disney Channel or Cartoon Network or something like that. This happened in 2014, and the show seemed like it was recent.

Please help us with this mystery. You're our only hope.

this sounds like Over the Garden Wall crossed with a fever dream

there's an episode set on a river paddleboat

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

uguu posted:

I'm looking for the story about a fat American girl who goes to Japan and is generally awful over there, but in the end she meets a grandma and everything turns out well.
It was written by the Japanese chick hosting her.

did you already post this here or in another thread recently because otherwise someone else is looking for the same thing recently and may have had more luck

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Some Christian books just got linked in the terrible books thread in PYF and it sparked a memory of some insane Christian epistolary novel that tried to be a modern Screwtape Letters. I’m pretty sure there were like four human characters these two demons (an uncle and nephew) were corresponding over. Some of the humans died to the dangers of premarital sex/drinking/roleplaying games/tarot cards/ouija boards, I think.

Actually, holy crap, typing this up made me remember it was weirdly specific about things that were connected to the spooky evil demons - the one I recall explicitly right now is (weirdly) the song The Way by Fastball, which was some demonic ploy about false visions of heaven for unbelievers and suicides. Surprisingly I’m no longer on great terms with the friend that lent it to me in high school but it’s boggling my mind right now and I want to see if I’m remembering it incorrectly somehow.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

food court bailiff posted:

Some Christian books just got linked in the terrible books thread in PYF and it sparked a memory of some insane Christian epistolary novel that tried to be a modern Screwtape Letters. I’m pretty sure there were like four human characters these two demons (an uncle and nephew) were corresponding over. Some of the humans died to the dangers of premarital sex/drinking/roleplaying games/tarot cards/ouija boards, I think.

Actually, holy crap, typing this up made me remember it was weirdly specific about things that were connected to the spooky evil demons - the one I recall explicitly right now is (weirdly) the song The Way by Fastball, which was some demonic ploy about false visions of heaven for unbelievers and suicides. Surprisingly I’m no longer on great terms with the friend that lent it to me in high school but it’s boggling my mind right now and I want to see if I’m remembering it incorrectly somehow.

Found this after sleeping on it - I’m pretty sure it was The Ishbane Conspiracy by uh Randy Alcorn and someone else but I can’t remember who because it’s clearly a hip-young-adult remix of Alcorn’s Lord Foulgrin’s Letters.

It looks even worse than I’d remembered.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Kierena posted:

Chessex borealis clear dice to go with the D20 someone gave me as a birthday present. I’ve never seen any other outside of an ID guide online.

you probably know this but you're unlikely to find a match for those as the shimmer glitter they used is now a controlled substance (for its use in printing currency, not getting ~~totally blazed as hell~~)

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

There was a goon who used to work for Chessex who had a great thread in ask/tell, i don't think he's active anymore but it's still worth a read.

i am like 99% sure that thread got Actual Memoryholed because of chessex intervention

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Back in the late 80's/early 90's my dad did contract work with NoA, and helped design this advertising poster for Super Mario Bros 3 that was just the cover image of Mario with the raccoon tail printed on vacuum-molded plastic. The thing had a button (or maybe it was a motion sensor) so when people walked by or hit the button it would say something in Mario's voice. We had one at our house and it was one of my favorite "toys", but it broke and/or we lost it in a move. If I ever win the lottery I'm going to scour the world looking for another one, even though at this point I'm pretty sure none still exist.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Jeza posted:

I have an extremely online request, so I'm hopeful somebody knows what I'm talking about. I remember a screenshot of a post that used to make the rounds occasionally, 90% sure it was from GameFAQs forum between like 2002-2005 or so. The key line I remember from it is: "I've read all of the 'so-called' classics, and not one of them come close to the depth and complexity of the story of Xenogears." or something pretty close to that.

GameFAQs forums are all still hosted into the dim distant past, but I can't find the original post for love nor money, nor the screenshot itself. Anybody else remember what the gently caress I'm talking about/have a copy of the screenshot? Or even better, can find the original thread?

I'm pretty sure this post (or something like it) was quoted last week in the SA's Greatest Sagas thread, and it got a 6er from Moon Slayer for being one in a slew of tl;dr joke posts. Try poking around the Leper's Colony.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

I have this song I heard a few years ago stuck in my head - "All the Wrong Parties" by Jejune - and it's apparently been entirely scrubbed off of the Internet. I'd really like to find the track again, and if possible also figure out what the actual gently caress happened to it. It won't even come up in searches in Apple Music anymore, and when I try to play the version saved to my library it gives me an error about it being unavailable.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

I just logged in to check, Spotify says it's unavailable to play too :(

I think they may have inadvertently grabbed another band's name?

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Dalax posted:

I've got this memory, that may very well be a fever dream but I am pretty sure is actually a music video.

A guitarist/lead singer is standing on a bullet as it flies through buildings in a cityscape at night.
I think it's a hair metal song, but cannot remember the music at all. This would have been early 90's or late 80's.

I appreciate this isn't a lot to go on.
Every now and then I think about it, but can't find anything

this sounds like maybe a warped memory of the video for Freak on a Leash by Korn?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRGrNDV2mKc

e: drat despite being the prototypical Music Video In A Cheese Grater meme song and it being, y'know, Korn, that video is kinda cool. gently caress the police.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

I'm still looking for any recording of All the Wrong Parties by Jejune (2019) but I'm also now looking for the old edit of the Oracle scene from the Matrix that was on Albinoblacksheep or something and has her saying "I'm making fingers! They're MONKEY fingers!!"