Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Who What Now posted:

I'm always looking for the perfect pair of tiddies. I fear it is a hunt that will take me to my grave.

It's all about the journey man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
This is extremely stupid but a cartoon has been stuck in my head for about 25 years and I've love to know what it is so I can get it out of my mind.

It aired in Australia in the late 80s/early 90s but it must have been an American show. All I remember is it was a scifi type series about a small group of people who did... stuff, maybe explored planets? But they flew around and used a big yellow space ship that was kind of shaped like a bug or a turtle. For some reason my brain thinks the theme song sounded like a religious hymn or something. Maybe it was bankrolled by some evangelicals?

That's literally all I can remember. Any ideas?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

JFC this forum I swear to god. Five minutes.

Thank you, I think its the first one. But seriously did you google that or did you somehow remember that?

E: comments section has dozens of people in their 30s with similar stories. Not sure why it wormed its way into so many peoples memories. Maybe it was just so weird.

Outrail fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Dec 6, 2021

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Tea Bone posted:

I've got a couple which I doubt anyone can help with, but this thread has supprised me before.

The first one, is a joke my friend told me 24+ years ago abs he quite possibly made it up:

It's not a funny joke, I'll grant that. But the concept seems a little bit advanced for a 6 year old to come up with. I remember back then assuming he was misremembering a better joke he had heard elsewhere but have never found any reference to it.

The second is an urban legend I read online in the early 00s which I suspect wasn't an urban legend atall and was just she kids Geocities page. It was called The Butcher in the basement:

Again, not very good but I'm curious to see if it was as bad as I remember

So they gave up searching for their missing son? And never smelt anything? And nobody ever went into the basement?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

rap music posted:

i really want a tat of this wikihow dog but i'm going crazy trying to find the original, uncropped full resolution image

Pretty sure that's an evolutionary mid-step between whales and wolves. Possibly a misstep.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Tea Bone posted:

That's actually the part that makes me want to find it again. I remember it creeping me out as a kid/early teen but like to think even child me would have seen through that gaping plot hole. I'm curious if it really did just gloss over the whole basement thing.

We had a basement this whole time?!

E: Oh poo poo, we had a son?!

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Delysid posted:

This isn't from ages ago, but I simply cannot find this clip anymore. It was originally posted on Twitter but may have been removed.

From the DC BLM protests/riots after George Floyd was killed, there's a clip of an Antifa-looking fellow (just dressed in all black) pulling out a hammer and chipping away at a sidewalk to make some DIY throw-able debris. Some people grab him, someone is screaming "WHITE PEOPLE!!!" (obviously angry that a white guy is stirring up trouble at a supposed-to-be-peaceful BLM protest) and they throw him at the police, who cuff/apprehend him. Then a dude in full "tactical" gear who had to be 7 feet tall who looks like the Juggernaut from Modern Warfare got in the cops' faces and threatened them and read off their name tags and I think he even chest-poked one of them and had his hand swatted away.

Gotta be out there somewhere, but damned if I can find it on Twitter.

FBI deleted it coz that gangly giant is obviously an alien.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Batterypowered7 posted:

Closest thing I've seen is a similar comic about Dora getting cheated on by Plankton: https://imgur.com/gallery/ktEIuun

That was uh, quite the rollercoaster.

I'm not going to say this is a pro click, but it's certainly something.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Brolander posted:

I used to see a whole lot of different t shirts and garments at work. Companies like to use weird unique color names. There was a shirt, a blue shirt, with a color I'd never seen before. I looked it up at the time, and I remember it saying it's the color blue you'd see on fine china. But it's NOT cornflower, cobalt, or any of the other results I can find. I feel like L's, T's, and I's were involved. It's been driving me crazy for like 4 years. I've combed all kinds of lists of blue hues, to no avail.

Light blue?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Gasmask posted:

nws my dude

Food thing I'm working from home

:heysexy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

DoomLazer posted:

Season 4 Episode 19
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92rG041b3XQ&t=127s
I was looking for sketch names that seemed likely to be it. I would have missed it except it's followed by "Chargin' Ya", which actually refers to criminal charges, not money. This sketch you were looking for is titled "Ricardo" which I passed while scrubbing through.

Yeah that was funny funny but the actor makes it nervous funny.