Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

Section 9 posted:

I've been searching on and off for years to find the movie "Strangler vs Strangler", specifically the Canon Films English dub. A friend and I caught it randomly on some hosted movie show on TV in the early 90's (searches have led me to believe it must have been Joe Bob Briggs.) I don't know what the original Serbian script is like, but the English dub was hilariously bad and was a source of tons of in-jokes for us for years. I've found some places to buy the original Serbian version, and I think I even once found it uploaded to some website, but I have never been able to find the English dub for sale or otherwise. I expect I never will since Canon Films is long gone and I doubt such an obscure film would ever get any sort of re-release, even if it is apparently a cult classic in its homeland. Probably for the best as I'm sure actually seeing it again wouldn't live up to the nostalgia.

It's a Serbian horror-comedy about a man who sells carnations, lives with his abusive mother, and starts strangling women who won't buy his flowers. There is an inept detective following the case who lives alone with his cat who speaks to him with text screens (like old silent movie cards, not sure what the technical term is,) and a young punk band singer who develops a psychic link to the carnation selling serial killer (the name of his band is "The Stranglers" thus the title "Strangler vs Strangler".)

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUWTSl4HK0s

Wow. I saw Strangler vs Strangler back in '84 in Minneapolis at a university screening. Enjoyed it immensely, but never encountered or even heard of it again. I am amazed to learn Canon picked it up and did a dub, and that it was shown on US tv. I'd love to know how closely the dub followed the original Serbian, which I remember as being genuinely amusing, rather than so bad it's good. Guess I need to see both now...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

sinnesloeschen posted:

2) a song from the late 1980s or very early 1990s, kind of electropop, the only lyrics i remember were something about "need[ing] space"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2tHGWyupko

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

Captain Splendid posted:

A monster/horror film where these people are trapped in a building with no power and a deadly monster

The monster is pretty big, and has horizontal mouthparts like an insect. At one point a man is lowered into a room with the monster, and when they pull him back up, his lower torso is gone.

One of the scientists in the film analyses the monster's DNA and concludes it's 33% human or thereabouts.

Sound like The Relic (1997) https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120004/

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

Islets of Langerhans

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Here's an interesting one: When I was really little (late '80s), I remember watching some kind of Muppet thing; I don't remember if it was a special or an episode of The Muppet Show but it wasn't one of the '80s movies. Something about Kermit talking wistfully about his early years in his swamp? My memory was that he was under the influence of truth serum or something like that, but this could be a false memory.

I've looked and I've never found what this could have been.

Maybe-- Muppet Show episode with John Denver, they're planning a camping trip to the swamp. Kermit gets sad that nobody wants to go; he speaks fondly about his old childhood home.

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

Slugworth posted:

Ok, this one is from when I was a kid, I was told a story about how one day, there was gonna be this big climactic event, and only a select group of people were gonna be saved from it. Any ideas?

Judgment Night. Or Flubber.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rz4I69mQMo