Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

There was a music video on MuchMusic (Canadian version of MTV that was basically 100% music videos at the time but also had the CRTC-mandated CanCon rules) in the early-mid nineties. It was some alternative-rock band and the video was either in black and white or just extremely desaturated.

The video featured the band in a garage playing their music, cut with the story of a kid on his bike. The kid is sad about things (that probably also happened in the music video??) and the one part that I remember is that he writes his name on the street with the tires of his bike. I *think* the band's drummer had the name "the acorns" or "the squirrels" or something like that on his drum-kit. I could never find the video through google and I'm not sure if I actually liked the song or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

it was for the best.hve u read his posts?

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

Bomrek posted:

I've been looking for a weird Sinbad movie that my family had on vhs when i was really young in the early nineties.

İn it, Sinbad and his shorter, fatter comic relief character go on 3 or 4 adventures. They're separated from their crew, captured and have to escape a palace (i think?), confront the Rok, get lost at sea in a tiny raft, and take down the cyclops! And then the film abruptly ends.

İ remember the thing with the Rok taking place in a desert and they think it's eggs are boulders at first. And when they're adrift in the raft it was the first time there's a bit of dialogue that ends the scene where the comic relief asks "why didn't you tell me?" And Sinbad says "you never asked".

During the cyclops fight the rest of the crew is there for some reason too, and they have to break out of a cage together.

The animation quality was really up and down, mostly down. İt might have come from Eastern Europe? İ say that because as an adult that's what the style of drawing and animation reminds me of. İ really want to find it again, it was my childhood favorite movie and i watched that tape endlessly. I'd love to see if it's anything like my memories.

When you say animation, did you mean the claymation one? Because that had him fighting a roc and a cyclops (and also some skeletons from an evil wizard) but I didn't think it was obscure at all. He ends up blinding the cyclops with a fire and also most of his sailor friends also die some pretty grisly deaths. Is that the one?

That's The 7th Voyage of Sinbad and it's a pretty important film because it's one of Ray Harryhausen's works and he's basically the grandfather of CGI.