Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
got this game in the late 90s/early 2000s in a cd bundle called 'the fabulous 4 pack'. it was a hybrid turn based strategy/fighting game where you and your opponent would place your guys on opposite sides of a grid. you'd each move one character each turn and if you landed on the same square as another it turned into a 2d fighting game, not mortal kombat or street fighter quality but it was an actual fighting game, and whoever won got the square. it had a dark fantasy vibe and you were usually battling over some muddy swamp. and you had a certain amount of gold to buy gear for your characters before a match, and i remember you could just totally load one character up at the expense of all the others and there was a ring slot for every finger so you could give one guy 8 magic rings

i swear i'm not making this up and google isn't helping

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
is there another thread here where people find obscure old poo poo, cause someone on this site found an old pre far side gary larson comic for me and i never properly thanked them

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast

this isn't it, definitely same genre

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
it's not archon ultra. and thanks to you both

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast

Action Jacktion posted:

Looks like the Fabulous Four Pack came with both Dark Legions and Archon Ultra, plus two military games:

this is blowing my mind, i looked at youtube clips of those games and they're nothing like i remembered. and i remember the tank game so this is definitely it

hall of fame
- wizzardstaff
- Isolationist
- Action Jacktion

honorary mention
- Snowglobe of Doom

i should probably start working on that game that only exists in my head, it's pretty good