Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
There’s a song it’s very energetic and has lots of stings, no words, it’s like a cross between music that would be in a western and classical. I think a late season simpsons episode used it and it’s in a lot of media.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Phy posted:

You sure that's not just the Hoedown movement of Aaron Copleand's Rodeo?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ajQYANLiug

(The melody is from an old fiddle piece called Bonaparte's Retreat)

Yes that’s it, I’ve been trying to figure that one out for awhile now thank you!

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Willfrey posted:

There is this 90's alt-rock song i used hear every once and a while, i cant sing any of the lyrics, i just know the notes of the chorus that is followed by a guitar riff answer that goes back and forth a couple times. Seemed like it was in the same vein as the Toadies or Screaming Trees or Silverchair. I am assuming it is an obscure one hit wonder, drives me loving nuts I heard it played randomly on the radio like 7 years ago but the DJ never said what it was afterwards. Since then I have never heard it again

this is extremely something i could help with can you think of anything else?

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Willfrey posted:

When I get home I will flex the golden pipes and post a soundcloud or something

yeah if you can get the melody conveyed in some way i feel pretty good about knowing what it is.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

RandomPauI posted:

I'm haunted by two photos, but I think GBS can only help me find one of them.

One was a photo from WWI of a bomb or artillery shell going off. The photo was in the woods. The explosion was caught on film and killed the photographer who was behind the camera.

i know the picture you are talking about and ive been looking for an hour and cant find it

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Solice Kirsk posted:

I tried really hard to find it because I think I know the one you're talking about, but can't. I did find one that's haunted me from that war though:

It's just so loving terrifying seeing people in masks charging through poison gas at you. I'm assuming the camera man didn't survive this either.

It’s from a training exercise the photographer kept getting in trouble for faking war photos

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
The real photos he’s looking for and you can almost tell the camera is getting blown backwards in the shot. I think it’s the Ardennes in ww2 though

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Solice Kirsk posted:

Wow really? I've been thinking since like 1997 that this was a truly terrible sight some brave cameraman snapped in the moments before he was gassed/shot/bayoneted.

Yeah he basically actually stole valor because he was one of the first real war photographers and figured no one was paying attention

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
Although this is probably the most famous faked war photo ever, from the us civil war at Antietam. Dude literally moved the bodies around to look better. It’s worth visiting though the church in the background is still there and full of fake bullet holes for tourists. Bloody lane down the street is really intense to visit though those poor Irish soldiers with no rifling when the confederacy had it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Solice Kirsk posted:

Wow really? I've been thinking since like 1997 that this was a truly terrible sight some brave cameraman snapped in the moments before he was gassed/shot/bayoneted.
https://lens.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/06/30/photos-world-war-i-images-museums-battle-great-war/