Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!
I'm trying to find a replacement for a beloved ceramic cat mug that my wife found at a thrift store years ago and shattered recently. I'm not making any headway in translating the label with google lens, and searching "cat mug" on ebay is a fool's endeavor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Picayune posted:

Ohhh, those! They were made by the Japanese dollar-store chain Daiso about ten years ago, although I'm not sure if they still carry them.

That being said, I have one, which I never use. If you want it, PM me and I'll send it to you. Hopefully it won't break in shipping.

Holy heck, amazing work. Thanks to both of you and everyone else who contributed details too. Picayune, I am going to follow those store leads but I will PM you if they don't pan out.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

snailshell posted:

There's a goopy, frighteningly zany kids' ghost/supernatural story collection. One of the stories is Dickens' "The Goblins Who Stole A Sexton" and another is about a painter who paints dragons in a mural, but refuses to paint in their eyes because they'll come to life. The illustrations are lavish yet crude, bug-eyed, colorful, three-dimensional, and extremely creepy. I seem to recall it's a slim, oversized hardback. Thanks!!!!!!!!!

Do you see your book anywhere here?

https://www.isfdb.org/cgi-bin/titlecovers.cgi?78696

The second one sounds like a classical Chinese story ("paint the dragons, dot the eyes") but I am not seeing it as I spot-check the books listed there.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Pac and Cheese posted:

got this game in the late 90s/early 2000s in a cd bundle called 'the fabulous 4 pack'. it was a hybrid turn based strategy/fighting game where you and your opponent would place your guys on opposite sides of a grid. you'd each move one character each turn and if you landed on the same square as another it turned into a 2d fighting game, not mortal kombat or street fighter quality but it was an actual fighting game, and whoever won got the square. it had a dark fantasy vibe and you were usually battling over some muddy swamp. and you had a certain amount of gold to buy gear for your characters before a match, and i remember you could just totally load one character up at the expense of all the others and there was a ring slot for every finger so you could give one guy 8 magic rings

i swear i'm not making this up and google isn't helping

Was it Dark Legions?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Legions

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Seth Pecksniff posted:

I swear to God in the 90s there was this show on TV called "My Stepmother is an alien." I know there was a movie in the 80s but that's not what I'm thinking of. I think it was only on for a couple of episodes. Maybe that wasn't the name but I think the premise was that the stepmom was an actual alien or something. I think it was on CBS

God maybe I dreamed this for some reason but I swear I remember this show!

Was it this? https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aliens_in_the_Family

Found via https://www.thelist.com/1456788/tgif-stars-passed-away/

quote:

"Aliens in the Family" was a show about a single dad who remarries, creating a blended family — only the new stepmom is an alien. The show was launched in 1996, and it only lasted a couple of weeks before it was pulled.

If you happened to watch the show, you'll remember Margaret Trigg as the alien stepmom, Cookie Brody. The actor made her way to New York City from Texas to start her career in the entertainment industry in the early '90s. Trigg was "always a performer, from the time she was a little bitty thing," her mother told New York Magazine. She starred in a low-budget sci-fi film and regularly performed stand-up in comedy clubs around New York City before landing her role on the ABC sitcom. Sadly, her career never really picked up steam.