Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I feel like fries in a burrito is an inherently poor choice, yes. They may have been inspired by the street Gyro but missed some of the key attributes (opening in the wrap of the pita, ability of pita to absorb some moisture better than tortilla, relative heat levels of ingredients (beans/rice/meat all hot in burrito vs only meat in gyro), and relative moisture levels between greek yogurt/crispy pork and sour cream/steak grease/pico)

my white whale is a decent bagel in Toronto

(that doesn't involve driving to lawrence and eglinton)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
watching that bad movie The Old Guard reminded me of a comic I started once, I vaguely remember it being about a kid whose parents are murdered in the first issue because they are some kind of long living or immortal beings, with some kind of weird atlanean or something backstory? And then the rest of the comic I read is the kid learning to use his powers, maybe with a friend alongside? I think I remember it being pretty violent?

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

The Walrus posted:

watching that bad movie The Old Guard reminded me of a comic I started once, I vaguely remember it being about a kid whose parents are murdered in the first issue because they are some kind of long living or immortal beings, with some kind of weird atlanean or something backstory? And then the rest of the comic I read is the kid learning to use his powers, maybe with a friend alongside? I think I remember it being pretty violent?

Been thinking about this one. I think it was drawn with a very stylized clean style, sort of like an airbrushed photoshop? I seem to recall that the main character or someone else breaks their leg in a very gruesome way near the beginning? Also I seem to recall that the main character's parents had some sort of secret human alter egos that were all he knew them as, but they were killed by two hitman type characters from their past.

Basically I seem to think it was like a cross between The Boys and The Old Guard. Someone help me out please. Probably early-mid 2000s

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

yaffle posted:

Could this possibly be Zenith by Grant Morrison? Some of the things match up...

Nope, the main chracter definitely didnt wear a costume. it was more sort of myth-based than superhero based. i think.