Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
Now I'm really digging deep

CFL football game.

Montreal Alouettes

September 14th, 2003.

Near the end if the game, the loving MASCOT gets a penalty for loving with the ref.

I saw it live, and it's been 16 years I've been trying to find the footage from that incident (it aired on TSN)

Long shot, I know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Polaron posted:

So because this thread is 2 for 2 on helping me give context to old, damaged memories I want to see if it can pull off the hat trick.

As a kid I watched a movie (that I now realize was probably an imported anime) that involved a team being brought together to pilot a giant mech (which is why I assume it's anime). I only remember two details: the first is an introduction to one of the pilots during which he/she is leaping around what seems like a ninja training course and at one point a gun turret pops out of the floor between their feet and they have to destroy it. The other detail is that one of the enemy robots they fight is, like, a giant birdman robot with a metal mohawk that it can launch as a weapon on a chain. At one point the mohawk blade smashes into the control room of the robot.

I remember nothing else about this movie whatsoever, aside from the fact that it came from my local library.

Goldorak? If it is I'm surprised, for some odd reason I've only seen it in french.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Raspberry Bang posted:

I’m looking for an old nes game I used to play when I was little. I don’t remember the name but it was a set in space and the first level was like a horizontal shooter. Once you finished the first level your character got out of his ship and walked into the moon or planet where the second level was a platformer. You jumped with a jet pack I believe.

That’s all I got.

Solar Jetman?

stab
Feb 12, 2003

A low grade fantasy series that came out in short installments.

One of the main characters is a Conan type (shocker I know) who ends up trapped in some spell like encasing him in amber for several years, and I think is rescued by his son who was an infant at the time (so very similar to Dragon Quest 5).

I remember reading bits and pieces in the late 80's early 90's.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Camo Guitar posted:

About 4 years back WWE put out a series of comedy sketches about a non-existent fed from the 70s/80s. John Cena was a straight laced announcer while various other superstars played roles.

The name is completely eluding me and neither YouTube or Google is helping. Anyone remember it?

One of the last great things the WWE have done.

*books a show called Lethal Leap Year on February 29th*

*year they book it in is NOT a leap year*

Southpaw Regional Wrestling for ever!

stab
Feb 12, 2003

stab posted:

A low grade fantasy series that came out in short installments.

One of the main characters is a Conan type (shocker I know) who ends up trapped in some spell like encasing him in amber for several years, and I think is rescued by his son who was an infant at the time (so very similar to Dragon Quest 5).

I remember reading bits and pieces in the late 80's early 90's.

Was thinking about this book again and still driving me crazy. Even goodreads came up blank.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

Mendanbar is not a Conan type at all, and it's his entire castle that's trapped in a bubble. He is rescued by his son, though.

edit: maybe you should ask in the Bad Fantasy Book thread

Will do thanks!

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Judgment Night has a banger of a soundtrack too

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Gnoman posted:

Old B&W suspense film I vaguely remember from a public-domain collection at Wal-Mart.

The premise (what I can remember of it) involved a man in a wheelchair being betrayed by his wife, who was taking advantage of his limited mobility by meeting with her accomplice/lover in areas of the big house that the wheelchair couldn't go to.

The twist at the end was that some sort of miracle cure or magic or something had restored his legs, but he was suspicious and was sneaking around and spying on her the entire time.

These details may be incorrect, I do not have strong memories here - some of the other movies on the same disc were extremely inappropriate and we threw it away.

That's Judgment Night

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Gnoman posted:

Only movie I can find by that name is a very different kind of movie from 1993, and this was far older. I'm guessing you have the right title, but the newer film is clogging the results, perhaps?

Well played

stab
Feb 12, 2003

rollick posted:

I haven't seen a packet of Haribo Tropifrutti for months now, and I've looked all over, in different supermarkets, airports and countries.

They haven't discontinued it as far as I can tell. So what gives? It's the only line of theirs I like.

Tons at the walmarts in canada so :shrug:

Amazon too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stab
Feb 12, 2003

MehrTentakelnBitte posted:

Had this sweater pic on my phone for ages... probably got it here, from like the Aliexpress or Waffle threads, but who knows. Google and the other reverse image sites I tried gave me nothing close, or Tsar Caviar whose logos look nothing similar. Since I don't know the language, the best I can type the name is "TSЯIӾOVSЭI caviar KЖЯMROVF", though the Ж and M are wrong, and google is being useless for those, too.

I really want this ugly sweater : (
e: forgot image orz

I thought that read GWAR at first glance

A GWAR fish xmas shirt would own unironically