Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

kiminewt posted:

There's a TV show looking for that has a character asking another if they want soup and the other replies with something like "nah, I'm all souped out".

At first I thought it was Seinfeld but I couldn't find it in any transcripts, and it's been driving me nuts for years.

This is from the Rick and Morty episode where Summer works for the devil.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Greasy Lake by TC Boyle.

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Judgment Night?

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Gnoman posted:

Only movie I can find by that name is a very different kind of movie from 1993, and this was far older. I'm guessing you have the right title, but the newer film is clogging the results, perhaps?

:lol:

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Slugworth posted:

Ok, this one is from when I was a kid, I was told a story about how one day, there was gonna be this big climactic event, and only a select group of people were gonna be saved from it. Any ideas?

I got you, fam.

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

hark posted:

another movie one, details in my head are kinda vague. basically all I remember is a huge bodybuilder guy in a store getting something out of a glass door cooler, and then he gets shot a bunch of times and says something like "you ripped my fuckin shirt!" I think it was from the 80s or 90s. long shot but it just popped in my head for no reason

Could be Mandy with Nic Cage. It's recent, but was set in the time period you're describing.

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Busters posted:

Looking for a youtube video. Think it may have been deleted. It was an 00s era anti-abortion advertisement that was so bad it became parody, or maybe was parody.

The whole thing is incredibly low budget - like garbage bags on the walls low budget.

It's set in a dystopian faux-cyberpunk future. The whole thing is voiced over with a gritty male narrator. A man wearing a spirit Halloween "Blade Runner" costume enters a home, and meets with a couple. The narrator describes himself as a "post fetal abortionist". The parents lead him to a child in a room filled with black balloons. The abortionist bounty hunter is talking about how it's just a job and totally legal. He turns on an oversized laser sight on his slightly futuristic gun and aims it at the child. We see a red dot track to the center of the child's head. Commercial ends.

Thought it sounds incredibly dark, it's comically overwrought and just the most hyperbolic "slippery slope" argument imaginable.

I have never seen this but it is now my white whale too.

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

DerekSmartymans posted:

Don’t miss the increasingly pink lips & fingers…when I was a kid I didn’t know why the man had lipstick on while eating.

Now my pistachios aren’t even dyed…😢

Yeah but nowadays they're also pre-shelled which is a goddamn game changer.

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Grassy Knowles posted:

If she doesn’t already regret her Drizzy tattoo I doubt she ever will

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

I'm trying to remember the name of a song I used to play to crack up my partner. It's from 2-5 years ago and is a dumb dance/techno/edm thing where the drop is a synth doing this boderline atonal pitch slide with these weird, chopped up, syncopated doinky bits that kinda sound like someone farting through a slide whistle. Pretty sure the artist was someone using his full name and I remember it sounding more like an indie kid name than a DJ name. I think the album cover was a white background with a bunch of colorful collage elements. It's really, really annoying, vapid, and dumb. It was a meme for a bit.

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Bless you.

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Milo and POTUS posted:

....is this the music from workaholics?

No because there are no statements being made vis a vis freshness.

Also I loving love y'all, I just realized this isn't the song finding thread and not only did nobody mention anything, you wonderful folks filled me in on all the lore I didn't know I needed. :glomp:

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Milo and POTUS posted:

There was a clip of I believe a john woo movie (or similar heroic bloodshed type movie) where someone (thinking chow yun fat) had a shotgun on a string and was tossing it around corners and tripping the trigger with it and it was loving badass

I feel like this is from the Killer, but I'm not sure. I'm about to start a John Woo marathon this weekend, I'll report back if I find it.

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

Ooh what are you going to watch?

No sarcasm. I dig them Johnny Woo Chow Yuen Fat joints.

Shooting for a triple feature with the Killer, A Better Tomorrow, and of course Hard Boiled. I loving love me some gun fu.

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Milo and POTUS posted:

This movie looks loving amazing

Everything John Woo made in Hong Kong is like this, definitely check it out.

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

It's Only Rock and Roll (but I Like It) by the Stones?

Can't Feel My Face by The Weekend?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Flipperwaldt posted:

It feels post 2010 and the meter of that weeknd song chorus matches vaguely, but it's way, way lower on the effort/talent/chart hitting side. If someone made it at home for a throwaway tweet or it's some gimmick song that only charted in the uk, I wouldn't be surprised. It could be something a contestant on taskmaster made up in 20 minutes, idk.

Wait, maybe that guy that makes songs from odd cat sounds, whatshisname.

The Kiffness?