Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

A book I had when I was a kid from a library sale that was missing the front cover and first few pages that I never knew the title of even when I still had it. All I remember were two characters who were kids named Renfro and Ella Mae working on a peach farm and then the narrator hits Renfro with an ear of corn and he almost dies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

redreader posted:

There's a shoot 'em up game I played in the late 80's or early 90's and I've gone through entire lists of games and never found it. It's not 1942 or raiden or anything like that.

It's set above a planet, probably earth but I'm not sure, you're maybe in the clouds, not space.
The first boss is a round spaceship kind of ufo boss.
The second boss is 2 large grey jets that shoot little homing missiles that you can shoot down.
There are power ups that you can collect, that change if you wait a few seconds. Extra life, extra smart bomb.
edit: arcade game, vertical scroller.

Major Stryker?

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

shame on an IGA posted:

A book I had when I was a kid from a library sale that was missing the front cover and first few pages that I never knew the title of even when I still had it. All I remember were two characters who were kids named Renfro and Ella Mae working on a peach farm and then the narrator hits Renfro with an ear of corn and he almost dies.

It's D.J.'s Worst Enemy by Robert Burch

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Can't find it but have found references to it from june 2015 which specify it was a Raticate. good luck with your new clues.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

She has a lot of work on instagram and this is the most intensely latin american thing I have ever seen

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Dec 24, 2021

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Hungry Squirrel posted:

I'm looking for this shirt, which has been discontinued for about 20 years and was niche even then. There's one on EBay right now, but it's in really bad condition. It is, however, the only one I've seen on the secondhand market in years. Image shamelessly stolen from a Twitter post found on a Google image search.

redo the graphics and order one from any of the million print to order sites, this is the bottom text: https://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/DeCSS/Gallery/qrpff.pl

like, what are you worried about infringing the original designer's copyright?

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I just find the concerns about copyright really really funny in this particular instance

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

magic cactus posted:

I'm trying to find a forum post from a while back but I don't remember the thread, might have been GBS. Can't have been earlier than like, 2015. The gist of it was some kind of thread about a rapper, maybe a mock thread. One of the posts was a bizarre screed about how this guy was actually "hard" and the only phrase I can recall that sticks out is "he had fakers shaking in their chains in Cali" or something similar which my brain has decided to play on repeat today for some reason.

ruddiger posted:

Game is an industry ho who was at one point on the same label as Em, of course he's going to dick ride the wave.

Grown men attacking women in songs is some bitch made little kid poo poo, and the only reason why Em went so hard on the females in his life is because he knew he couldn't play that tough talk poo poo with real dudes in the street. Game is also constantly getting his card pulled by other rappers for talking out of pocket. Little kids in Chicago had that grown man tucking his chain into his shirt when they flexed on him in Cali.

White dudes always gotta bring up Eminem when talking about anything involving rap music, poo poo's loving embarrassing.

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Feb 9, 2023

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Trabant posted:

Hello thread. I'm hoping for suggestions for sites/stores/etc. which can help me fill out my collection of silly but sexy calculators. These are my Sinclair Sovereigns:

It was a beautiful flop made in 1976 in five different styles and I'm missing the one circled in red -- the silver plated non-Jubilee edition:

It's my silver-plated whale. Odds are vanishingly slim that anyone reading this has one they're willing to sell (but if you do, plz PM me).

Instead, I'm looking for ideas about where I can look for this stupid thing. I've covered the usual suspects (eBay, Etsy, Facebook Marketplace, Craigslist) and the less usual ones (Yahoo Japan auctions, Mercari). Are there any others I've somehow missed? Or am I best off just waiting until one pops up on the biggest platforms?

Most likely to find Sinclair kit in the UK right? Gumtree, maybe some other small but local focused sites like that

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Pasketti posted:

Sounds very Soviet block animation

What kinda messed-up sesame street did your parents show you :dogstare:

there was some real freaky experimental animation in the early years that was still being recycled into the 90s

*epilepsy warning*

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x36q3id

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

sigher posted:

You're spot on; the TV was tiny old CRT strapped in the corner of the ceiling so I'm not surprised I thought she was Asian. Mea culpa.

happens to all of us, my childhood blurry music video asian lady crush turned out to be James Iha

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Arivia posted:

I seem to remember there being a thread for old SA stuff you can't remember, but I can't find it, so I have a request on behalf of a friend who's not a goon. She remembers a spooky/creepy (calls it a creepypasta) front page article written as a series of how-tos, with one part about plants. If anyone has any ideas, that would be great (betting Zack Parsons wrote it, but when I think creepy Zack stuff I think of the prison series.)

at a first guess I'd say that was part of the STATE OG series

e:gently caress

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

the entire hardy boys series was completely rewritten and rereleased at least three times before most of us were even born, this aint new

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

hexwren posted:

not a specific term for it, i don't think, it's just considered part of a generalized nostalgia for a period of time

Zeitgeistkommodifizierungleren

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I still think it was probably deskmate. Do you have memories of playing digital guess-the-letter stick figure hangman?

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Superterranean posted:

Recently there was a mirror selfie style video posted of a lady in a skull blouse saying "it's time to get up. Wake up sleepyhead. Wakey Wakey eggs and bakey. GET UP" in increasingly aggressive tones. I want it for a ringtone. Where was it?

it was the first six hits on google for "wake up girl tiktok"

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZT8sxSCRJ/

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Jelly posted:

Someone in the weed thread made me think of this. There's a lot of chill electronic songs that overlay their beats with fun quotes from movies instead of lyrics. I'm sure many of you are familiar with this.

https://youtu.be/ztOWSvNoBio

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

That is a beautiful love letter to early web urban legends about guns, just needs somebody getting an arm ripped off by the wake of a .50 cal passing a meter to their side

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Paper Tiger posted:

Posting on mobile so I can't be sure I'm not mangling something, but was it this post from "return of the ultimate hustler"? As a heads up, it is a FYAD thread from 2007.

drat