Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

yaffle posted:

It's not really a white whale, and I'm pretty sure I read it here but I can't find it. Its a story about an artist/writer/musician who happened to be at the Stonewall riots and joined in because (I'm paraphrasing) "It didn't really matter why people were throwing rocks at the cops". <- not the exact phrase. It's not Dave Van Ronk.

Everything I've ever seen along those lines credits it to Dave Van Ronk. Are you absolutely certain you're not thinking of him?

https://www.villagepreservation.org/2022/06/13/dave-van-ronk-ally-at-the-stonewall-uprising/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

yaffle posted:

A clip from the beginning of a European movie, shot in black and white but I got the feeling it was shot sometime post 1990. The camera follows a man on a scooter through a southern European city, upbeat music plays, some sort of salsa or mambo song. I've been looking for this for ages. For some reason I thing the song might have been about zombies. I think it was the title sequence of a film.

No idea on the clip but if the song was one of the hundred or so versions of "Zombie Jamboree" that might help you track it down. Originally by Lord Intruder, the most well-known cover might be the one by Harry Belafonte.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUsyKEISnig

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
Sounds like I was pretty off the mark anyway. Oh well.