Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
The AFC South Division Champion of 2019 will be...
This poll is closed.
Houtson 29 31.18%
Indianapolis 25 26.88%
Jacksonville 22 23.66%
Tennessee 17 18.28%
Total: 93 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
This Luck calf thing is getting kind of worrying. He just said he "hopes" he'll be back by week one and also supplied an endorsement of Jacoby Brissett. Concerning, for sure. Let's just say I'm keeping a close eye on that because this injury has been lingering for like 5 months and there's only 3 or 4 weeks left before the start of the season. Has the potential to gently caress poo poo up bad for the Colts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe

Play posted:

This Luck calf thing is getting kind of worrying. He just said he "hopes" he'll be back by week one and also supplied an endorsement of Jacoby Brissett. Concerning, for sure. Let's just say I'm keeping a close eye on that because this injury has been lingering for like 5 months and there's only 3 or 4 weeks left before the start of the season. Has the potential to gently caress poo poo up bad for the Colts

I think they've said that if he had to play, he could. Theres just no upside to putting him out there at this point. A stained calf is basically torn, so there will be pain until it fully heals.

He's going to talk about Brissett, because he's starting the first preseason and that's what a good teammate does.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

EvilBeard posted:

I think they've said that if he had to play, he could. Theres just no upside to putting him out there at this point. A stained calf is basically torn, so there will be pain until it fully heals.

He's going to talk about Brissett, because he's starting the first preseason and that's what a good teammate does.

Fair enough, but "if he had to play he could" could also mean he's gonna go out on the field and tear his calf if he did try to play. The biggest worrying factor is he's been dealing with this for longer than we have left before the start of the season. And they shouldn't put him out there until he's completely healthy.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

Play posted:

Fair enough, but "if he had to play he could" could also mean he's gonna go out on the field and tear his calf if he did try to play. The biggest worrying factor is he's been dealing with this for longer than we have left before the start of the season. And they shouldn't put him out there until he's completely healthy.

From what he said when they compared it to a Durant situation is that his Achilles isn't in any extra danger, he just has soreness in it still. Being as it's a muscle tear, that can be expected in the healing process. I think with like 5 more weeks of PT and plenty of rest days, he'll still not be 100%, but maybe something like 95%.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Something to keep an eye on, at least. The Durant thing might've colored my perception, as I was saying the whole time that I thought he had a tear that they were minimizing by calling it a "calf strain". Sure enough he comes out and the whole thing snaps on him

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

That's why they're being cautious. Pretty sure that was explicitly said in an interview.

I'm not super worried about it. There's still a month, and leg issues are much less troublesome than shoulder issues. That said, it could still be more serious than had been presented to us.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Is it his plant leg? If so that is very worrying

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
I'm ok with saving reps in the preseason even if the injury is barely anything.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Speaking of injuries, Jags just lost Onwualu for the season

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

Metapod posted:

Is it his plant leg? If so that is very worrying

No, it's his left calf.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

All legs are plant legs when you are sturdy like a mighty oak

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Intruder posted:

Speaking of injuries, Jags just lost Onwualu for the season

it begins :smithicide:

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Shadow225 posted:

All legs are plant legs when you are sturdy like a mighty oak

day 7. my legs have grown in mass, with whorls of texture and knobby protrusions beginning to appear.a strange dark brown coating has begun to suffuse them. it seems brittle yet firm, occasionally small pieces will shed as I move. is it.... bark? are these the fabled plant legs I have heard about in legend? god help us all

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
If Luck can stay out until week 2 that’d be greeeeeat

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Demon Of The Fall posted:

If Luck can stay out until week 2 that’d be greeeeeat

Spoiler the ada means he can have one of those scooter things to drive around while he plays.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8-U4w7iUGo
future Titan

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Holy poo poo he really said hes thinking about playing with the titan while still a jag lmfao

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
God adore Ramsay and Byard is so good I cant wait

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

I hope Andre Johnson unretires to dunk on some more punk Titans DBs

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Lmfao lewan out here telling players on the field that he will suck their dick because he knows how homophobic the NFL is

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
I clicked the one with Big Q because he's wearing an NBA jersey and looks larger than the bus.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I didnt watch but I heard the offensive playcalling wasn't awful is that true?

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
no idea, I don't watch preseason football

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
Kalif Raymond looks cool though

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Oh right, preseason started

*Sees Deshaun didn't play and Joe Webb threw 40 passes*

Yup, I'm good with missing that game

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Last chance to get on the Logan Woodside train, bitches.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Intruder posted:

Oh right, preseason started

*Sees Deshaun didn't play and Joe Webb threw 40 passes*

Yup, I'm good with missing that game

I watched a little bit for the O-Line play. We gave up two sacks.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

I loving SAID SO

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Oh wow the colts have mismanaged an injury to their best and only reason why their team is good. Who could have seen this coming

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Edward Mass posted:

I watched a little bit for the O-Line play. We gave up two sacks.

I was watching the rookie backs too. Consensus seems to be on Crockett but imo Karan Higdon showed quite a bit more, just didn't get an opportunity for a touchdown. I think Higdon could be a thing.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
The titans looked pretty good. Taywan Taylor sucked. I hope he gets cut. I want one of the new guys to take his spot. I like this Raymond kid.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Wow that's rude and mean

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Man, I know it's only preseason and none of it matters and all that but that Jacksonville showing last night was insane high school football levels of god awful. They never even crossed the 50 yard line. You'd almost have to TRY not to do that, especially in the first preseason game and getting into 2nd half garbage time.

Longest play from scrimmage = 16 yards. Longest rush = 8.

Imagine paying full price for an NFL ticket to watch that during the pre-season.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Imagine being a jags fan.

Lol

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

thrilla in vanilla posted:

Imagine being a jags fan.

Lol

:smith:

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
bad feeling tannehill will leapfrog over mariota on the depth chart at some point this year

Which is fine, I've always thought Tannehill was okay and was kinda surprised Miami cut bait with him so fast, but still... my most favorite Titan since VY....

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
Mariota is going to be great this season

and by great I mean the defense is going to win games and Mariota ain't getting benched while he's winning

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
This thread is going to collapse in flames when Tannehill is the week 3 starter.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

EvilBeard posted:

This thread is going to collapse in flames when Tannehill is the week 3 starter.

And then the rubble will burn down when he is injured 2 weeks later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

BiggerBoat posted:

Man, I know it's only preseason and none of it matters and all that but that Jacksonville showing last night was insane high school football levels of god awful. They never even crossed the 50 yard line. You'd almost have to TRY not to do that, especially in the first preseason game and getting into 2nd half garbage time.

Longest play from scrimmage = 16 yards. Longest rush = 8.

Imagine paying full price for an NFL ticket to watch that during the pre-season.

Glad to see they are showing improvement.