Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Welcome back as we continue the discussion about the best division in the National Football League.

Generic thread title for now. Good luck coming up with a better title than last year but we can try!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sent from my iPad
Jun 19, 2000

https://twitter.com/TimTuckerAJC/status/1156253596608020482

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Saints got robbed :colbert:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Blank has bold plan to get more people into butthole

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Meanwhile the MLS team has a waiting list :laugh:

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
they're waitin to see if the falcons poo poo their pants again

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i think the panthers will be good this year

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Alaois posted:

My wife gives me poo poo because I've thought the Panthers were going to be really good every training camp for the last 10 years or so.

But seriously, I think they're going to surprise some people this year :)

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I think the Bucs could win 9 games this year. Going to be strange watching a real defense for a change.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Alaois posted:

*checks calendar*

Get ready for some odd year competent Panther bullshit :getin:

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Mike Evans was carted off today.

He had cramps.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

wandler20 posted:

Welcome back as we continue the discussion about the best division in the National Football League.

Generic thread title for now. Good luck coming up with a better title than last year but we can try!

NFC South: How Will We poo poo Our Pants This Year?

NFC South: 2 League MVPs, 1 Super Bowl MVP, and Son of Testaverde

NFC South: Heat, Humidity, and Heartbreaking Losses

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Stuffin' Megatron's Muffin

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

wandler20 posted:

Mike Evans was carted off today.

He had cramps.

lmao what a bitch

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Silly Burrito posted:

NFC South: How Will We poo poo Our Pants This Year?

I know that's what I basically expect out of any team in this division.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

NFC South: My favorite condiment is dissapointment

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
5 years
100 million

Dayum.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1156543156294475777

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I hope its paid in sacks filled with money

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
That contract is gonna look really stupid when brees retires

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

zimbomonkey posted:

That contract is gonna look really stupid when brees retires

If I’m remembering right when Brees got that same contract of 5 years/100 million, people howled about that.

Julio will probably beat it now.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Silly Burrito posted:

If I’m remembering right when Brees got that same contract of 5 years/100 million, people howled about that.

Yeah would have been nice if they had some cap to sign a receiver that could handle a little contact.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
$20m for a system WR, wow.

Julio going to get ~$22m I bet.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

lol i wish the saints' system could actually produce WRs like him

eke out fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Jul 31, 2019

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

eke out posted:

lol i wish the saints' system could actually produce WRs like him

The saints have been making GBS threads out receivers and linemen since Brees got there.

Whoa whoa whoa front seven players, not so fast...

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

FizFashizzle posted:

The saints have been making GBS threads out receivers and linemen since Brees got there.

Whoa whoa whoa front seven players, not so fast...

brees has been making competent receivers look like stars even though they would not be stars anywhere else, i'll give you that. but thomas is something else, e.g.:

quote:

Thomas’ 38 receptions through the first three games of the 2018 season set a record in NFL history, a mark Atlanta Falcons wide receiver Julio Jones previously set in 2014 with 34 catches in the same span.

His 321 receptions ranks as the most in league history for a player through his first three seasons, and Thomas' 80.6 career yards receiving per game currently ranks fifth all-time (minimum 25 games) behind Jones (96.7), Odell Beckham Jr. (92.8), Antonio Brown (86.2) and Calvin Johnson (86.1).

The Saints No. 1 wide receiver holds four team records, establishing marks for most receptions in a game (16 on Sept. 9, 2018); most yards receiving in a game (211 on Nov. 4, 2018); most receptions in a single season (125 in 2018); and most yards receiving in a single season (1,405 in 2018).

my point here is that i'm perfectly fine with the team paying him, dude's earned it

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Yeah Mike Thomas came in saying he was gonna be the man and instantly was. It's pretty rare to see a rookie wide receiver get started off like he did, and usually it means they're a special talent. In his case he just kept building on that great start and earned every penny of this contract

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1156597019785539585?s=20

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

I’m perfectly content laughing about the Brees factor putting 10 extra Madden points on WRs like Lance Moore, but the MT hate factor necessary to call him a system WR is kinda funny

Play
Apr 25, 2006

GD_American posted:

I’m perfectly content laughing about the Brees factor putting 10 extra Madden points on WRs like Lance Moore, but the MT hate factor necessary to call him a system WR is kinda funny

I'm pretty sure it's all tongue in cheek, you'd have to be a complete idiot to really think that

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Look Drew Brees is a garbage time QB and Michael Thomas is a system receiver and the NFC South is a place where we arent a massive crab bucket of teams.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

I'm not just saying that because i think MT is bad, but the Saints are going be blowing a lot of cap space on one receiver in years where they'll probably need a kickass defense to carry them.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

zimbomonkey posted:

I'm not just saying that because i think MT is bad, but the Saints are going be blowing a lot of cap space on one receiver in years where they'll probably need a kickass defense to carry them.

Eh the cap is going to keep increasing and when Drew goes they're probably going to lose another four or five key pieces along with their coaching staff when Jerry backs a truck of cash up to their door.

Signing a top 5 receiver isn't a bad move by any stretch.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Y'all act like you don't remember Mickey Loomis is a magician with the cap and pulls off crap that makes you mad when we have no cap space.

Not saying it always works, but the man gets the job done.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Look, the plan is instead of having the window shut when drew brees retires the window violently impacts into a barrel of nitroglycerin seconds after everybody peels the gently caress out of the parking lot

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Every Saints fan with a brain (so...some) knows that x+1 year is when every single part of the team will implode 5 minutes after Brees' retirement, we'll fire sale Thomas and Kamara off, Payton finally moves into his Dallas mansion. X being the current year. (And having been the current year for like the last four years now)

I'd even half-rear end bet that Benson's widow sell the team within 2-3 years after it.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

GD_American posted:

Every Saints fan with a brain (so...some) knows that x+1 year is when every single part of the team will implode 5 minutes after Brees' retirement, we'll fire sale Thomas and Kamara off, Payton finally moves into his Dallas mansion. X being the current year. (And having been the current year for like the last four years now)

I'd even half-rear end bet that Benson's widow sell the team within 2-3 years after it.

Nah. She might want the Pelicans to be known as her team, but she knows the Saints are the cash cow.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Another year where Andy south squanders Julio

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole
Panthers signed Tre Boston to 1yr, $3m deal. He sucks but sucks less than Colin Jones and Gaulden.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

three posted:

Panthers signed Tre Boston to 1yr, $3m deal. He sucks but sucks less than Colin Jones and Gaulden.

Wasn't he pretty good on the chargers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

zimbomonkey posted:

Wasn't he pretty good on the chargers?

Meh.

He actually has the physical skills necessary to play the FS position which is more than you can say about any of the players the Panthers have had since he left.