Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
philly fans: https://tinyurl.com/ybdq7rpj

Doltos fucked around with this message at 18:33 on May 26, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

God dammit, I was a minute too late. I even had a better thread title: NFC East 2019 gently caress the Cowboys

Welcome to the 2019 NFC East Comedy Spectacular!

What do you need to know about the NFC East? Well, it has 4 teams as far as anyone knows. These include but are not limited to...

The Washington Ethnic Slurs!

Pros: team has sucked for a long time, so the only way from here is up...right?
New, young QB after old QB's body was son like a top while one leg was planted firmly in the ground... after the two franchise QBs you got in one draft several years ago got either dead or fed-up and left.
Hey, it's Adrian Peterson! Yeah, he's still here. Please don't ask about his home life.

Cons: Team literally named for slur, what the gently caress.
Suck
Bad stadium
Comically evil/incompetent owner. Even for the NFL.
Roster almost completely devoid of talent
Josh Reed got a concussion from you reading this.

The Dallas Cowboys

Pros: Team loaded with talent.
Franchise QB and RB
Top 10 offensive line
Might have a WR now?

Cons:
gently caress the Cowboys
gently caress you
Owner is a #metoo waiting to happen, also comically evil.

The New York Giants:

Pros: Saquon Barkley is obscenely good
Now the Cowboys (gently caress them)
Defense isn't a complete tire fire
Drafted their QB of the futupfffff ha ha ha ha ha ha
Picked up Golden Tate for some reason?
Beat the Patriots twice in the Super Bowl a little while ago

Cons:
Traded away one of the top 3 WRs in the league right now for no reason.
By the time the team is rebuilt, Barkley will be toast.
Boring as poo poo to watch

The Philadelphia Eagles

Pros: Has franchise QB
When was the last time your team won a Super Bowl bitch?
Beat the hated Patriots and made Tom Brady sad
Monstrous defensive line
Third-string QB is literally the son of the Norse god, Thor, and thus it can be assumed that those in front of him are even more powerful.
Zach Ertz
WR group makes your team's look like flaming garbage

Cons
Questionable running game
Is Wentz healthy?

Fun Fact: NFC East games will take up about 50-65% of SNF as per every year, whether the teams are playoff relevant or not!

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

:laffo::laffo:

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Surprised you didn’t use the picture of the dude eating horse poo poo after the super bowl win.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Eagles WRs are garbage Jeffery plays 12 games a year Desean and Agholor both blow

I'd rather have Cooper/Cobb/Gallup

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
In 9 games with the Cowboys, Cooper went over 76 yards just two times. Take away the 2 outlier games, he had an average of 59.6 yards a game.

You guys got the same broken Raiders Cooper.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
He's 24 and put up a 1k yard season with the same catch rate as Alshon and more TDs lol

iF yOu TaKe AwAy HiS 217 aNd 180 YaRd GaMeS hE's PrEtTy BaD

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
64% of his 1000 yards came from 4 games out of 16

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
yards are yards. Cooper had more yards per game than Jeffery did last year, and that includes time on the dysfunctional Raiders offense.

He's real good. As a trio I'd still take the Eagles receivers but it's close

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

89 posted:

64% of his 1000 yards came from 4 games out of 16

Because he's real good and those games shouldn't be discounted. You also used 76 yards as a baseline which is hilarious considering one of his games was 75. What a maroon.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
You gotta look at outliers. His purpose is more in line with Alshon's. No big numbers, but his presence helps the rest of the offense. But, the several times he gave up in Oakland on routes and quitting on the team like that vs. the leadership of Alshon Jeffrey? What's Amari gonna be like when the Cowboys season goes south for a bit?

But, preferring Amari/Cobb/Gallup/2019 Witten to Alshon/DJax/Agholor/Ertz/Goedert/Arcega-Whiteside is crazy talk.

I mean, Dreamcast 4 Lyfe and all, but there's just no way.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Cooper is fine, Cobb is washed, and Gallup is a JAG

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Speaking of, #1 PFF group of recievers..

https://www.pff.com/news/pro-nfl-receiving-corps-rankings-all-32-teams-entering-2019

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
DALLAS COWBOYS

I HATE MYSELF

GO COWBOYS

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

89 posted:

But, preferring Amari/Cobb/Gallup/2019 Witten to Alshon/DJax/Agholor/Ertz/Goedert/Arcega-Whiteside is crazy talk.

Ertz/Godert/JJAW/Alshon are all real good ya youre prob right Djax and Agholor blow I never said TEs though I said WRs

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Shinjobi posted:

DALLAS COWBOYS

I HATE MYSELF

GO COWBOYS

:same:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

fartknocker posted:

:hmmyes:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

fartknocker posted:

WHOA DUDE I DISAGREE

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

I don't know if Dolots legit thinks DJax sucks or if he's still mad about his punt return how many years ago

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Yes I think a guy who spent four out of the last five years dealing with nagging injuries who's entire game is based on go routes with a career 55% catch rate and has averaged 4 TDs over the last 4 years sucks

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I know it’s frustrating to see such an effective one trick pony but guess what, he is.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

Doltos posted:

Yes I think a guy who spent four out of the last five years dealing with nagging injuries who's entire game is based on go routes with a career 55% catch rate and has averaged 4 TDs over the last 4 years sucks

lol ok

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Feed me philly sports fans, feed me

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Doltos posted:

He led the league in YPC despite catching balls from Jameis for most of the year. And DJax hasn't been a strictly go route player for years now.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

He led the league in YPC despite catching balls from Jameis for most of the year. And DJax hasn't been a strictly go route player for years now.

Jameis has a strong arm and over 50% of Desean's targets last year and the year before were beyond 10 yards.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
DJax's return is one of the greatest Eagles storylines this year because it means we are continuing to erase the "legacy" of Chip Kelly The Destroyer

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Many people seem to be assuming Arcega-Whiteside is going to be good for some reason. And not just in this thread. Ummmm, why? He's a rookie. Maybe he'll be ok, but if so it will probably take a few years. Sure, be optimistic, but counting a rookie WR as an asset in the passing game is kind of silly.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

axeil posted:

DJax's return is one of the greatest Eagles storylines this year because it means we are continuing to erase the "legacy" of Chip Kelly The Destroyer

I agree but I'd go farther and say it's one of the best story lines in the NFL

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I don't know if Dolots legit thinks DJax sucks or if he's still mad about his punt return how many years ago

best NFL video ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvYFnElisL4

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
Also I saw that the only WR with more starts than DJax his age and up is Larry Fitzgerald, which speaks to his durability being better than you'd expect for his skillset/body type. The dude has always had good hands and even if he loses his speed he should still be effective so long as he's not going over the middle and getting blown up.

I'm super pumped to break out my Kelly green DJax jersey for opening day.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

quote:

Eagles DE Brandon Graham was effusive in his praise of rookie RB Miles Sanders after Wednesday's practice. "That boy is a beast, man. You're going to see. Oooh, I like him." Graham likes his explosiveness and the fact that he keeps his shoulders square, and can see that he wants to be great. "You can tell by how he bursts through the line and, you can just tell when some people got it and they don't. He's all right."

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

axeil posted:

Also I saw that the only WR with more starts than DJax his age and up is Larry Fitzgerald, which speaks to his durability being better than you'd expect for his skillset/body type. The dude has always had good hands and even if he loses his speed he should still be effective so long as he's not going over the middle and getting blown up.

I'm super pumped to break out my Kelly green DJax jersey for opening day.

He's in the bottom half of starters catch percentage wise, he's in fact always had bad hands.

NotWearingPants posted:

Many people seem to be assuming Arcega-Whiteside is going to be good for some reason. And not just in this thread. Ummmm, why? He's a rookie. Maybe he'll be ok, but if so it will probably take a few years. Sure, be optimistic, but counting a rookie WR as an asset in the passing game is kind of silly.

Eagles fans are really ridiculous lately. A 9-7 team that's obviously coming down from a super bowl run and they crown half the players. JJAW is really good though and I think he'll develop nicely. People in general, not just philly fans, tend to overrate rookie WR prospects because we've had so many successful ones recently when historically the position is extremely difficult to develop.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Doltos posted:

Jameis has a strong arm and over 50% of Desean's targets last year and the year before were beyond 10 yards.

Strong arm doesn't mean much when Jameis is throwing the ball into the sidelines. While DJax does still run a lot deep routes, he runs a much better route tree overall than he did a few years ago

El Patron
Jul 9, 2011

Philly Philly
Donnell Pumphrey's breakout year.

Game-Blouses
Dec 18, 2008

NotWearingPants posted:

I don’t think any rational (lol) Eagles fan is counting on him to make major contributions. He’s behind Ertz, Alshon, DJacc, Agholor, and Goedert in the pecking order. Not mention any RB’s. Personally, I think he can potentially contribute in redzone sub-packages where he can use his physicality and high point ability. Even still, he’d probably only be the 4th option there.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

He’s behind Hollins, too. Hollins is a lot better than he’s given credit for and everyone would be in love with him if he didn’t miss last season

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Doltos posted:

Eagles fans are really ridiculous lately.

drat it's true

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
gently caress the Skins
gently caress the Eagles

But most importantly, gently caress the Giants and gently caress my life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008