Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRfmFdaBdyk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
toms hardware or some other bullshit said ryzen was good

ryzen has 12 cores with 24 virtual core

twenty four cores. what is this? 2024?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwDbiajBEbk

are amd selling their souls?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
you can post about amd processors or also megadeth itt

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Soricidus posted:

I bought an amd processor, op. it processes fine unless you try to use the rdrand instruction, and I eagerly await the revelation that it has even worse security flaws than meltdown

I too send specific processor instructions to my processor, much like it's a dog waiting for a treat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M46RU_JEoTw

quote:

how australian do you want to sound?

amyl and the sniffers: yes

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

I expected less

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
make a logarithmic graph and I think itll be accurate

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

pram posted:

i have an i9 9900k on my desktop computer op

fuckin texas privilege :argh:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

but yeah there's a dece chance my next dextop pc has an AMD cpu

brand loyalty to processors is the lamest poo poo, i have an i7 46.69 or idk its old now but was quite acceptable at the time

but to ryzen would mean new mother board and i just put 32gb of ddr3 in it :qq: so that ain’t changing soon

lol it was ali express ram. 32gb cost just more than 16gb locally. i had to manually select the next lowest speed below what it was rated in the bios for the machine to even turn on. i call that a success

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
will intel come back at us with a chiplet professor. i can guess what that means but i really don’t know gently caress all

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i had an athlon gently caress yeah

but this new ryzen looks like it owns. when i get home i’m gonna visit cpubenchmark.com or whatever and see how it will dominate my current processor

i5.4690@3.5mhz is what I have :smugmrgw:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
no longer a point of pride but more one of bigotry akin to saying you’ve never hosed a black person

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy