Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat

angryrobots posted:

Dude congrats. For real. Glad you're in a good place.

In other other news, the thread title is appropriate for what I've got going on atm. Last Thursday I contacted a recommended contactor for quotes to build on some (completely self supported) lean-tos to my shop. I heard from him this Wednesday and clarified what I wanted, sent drawings and site pictures.

Yesterday he called me mid-day and asked "how soon did you want to start this?"

:stonk: :stonk: :stonk:

30x24 is done except for trim, 40x12 is up next.

That dude gets poo poo done! It's great when you find someone who's just good at what they do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
Total dream car but doesn’t that thing run two seperate ECU’s and just cost an absolute fortune in maintaining?

I guess what I’m saying is, do it :getin:

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

Olympic Mathlete posted:

At what other point are you going to be able to own a v12 for that much cash?

*cough*

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

McTinkerson posted:

If any goon buys an 850 I will help them convert to a single standalone ECU. Hell, I'll build them a megasquirt and wire it up if they supply the parts.

That is one hell of a :toxx:!

I kid

How hard is it to make 2 Barras have a common crankcase? Asking for a friend...

slothrop fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Aug 7, 2019

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

Ferremit posted:

Or Katie from letterkenny....

just take about 20 to 25 percent off it right there

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

Ether Frenzy posted:

As a fellow Cool Uncle I can attest it's all the good things of kid ownership without the monthly fee. Congrats.

Quoted for truth!

Being an uncle is the best. It’s certainly softened my position on the possibility of being a father one day.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

Rhyno posted:

I know right, 300+ hp in a family sedan.

Our Aurion (basically a Camry) with the 2GR-FE is a great highway cruiser. I prefer my Corolla for parking, driving around our narrow streets and general hatchback supremacy. If I lived in the States where the roads and parking spots are built for Canyoneros and gas is cheap, a lot of my objections to the Aurion would disappear.

And yeah, 300hp in a boring silver taxi is great.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Oh god I hope not :(

:colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

HandlingByJebus posted:

2019 continues: last day of our trip to the UK, after hundreds of uneventful miles of motorcycling, friends’ wedding in Wales, etc etc somebody broke into our AirBnb flat while we were eating dinner and had themselves a profitable 5 minutes. Both of our notebooks, D500 + 17-55mm f/2.8... and both of our headphones. Right before a 9 hour flight.

Bastards. At least they did it while we were out and nobody was hurt, but gently caress I didn’t want to deal with this poo poo now.

Oh, insult to injury: they stole my last Coke out of the fridge and it’s a heatwave here. 😔

that sucks. I hope your travel insurance makes things as painless as possible for you.

I'm in a lounge at Dubai drinking Fosters! (which is not available in Australia unless you really look, and then, why would you?). I haven't slept properly in days, I've got a killer throat infection and airline food always messes with my... digestion...

I purchased a Priority Pass membership for this trip and I'm not sure how I feel about it so far. The bathroom is out of order here and they don't have a shower. They do keep bringing me free (crap) beer and there is some decent food that's also included. It's probably worth the $32 USD to not be stuck in a McDonalds foodcourt with the seething mass of humanity I've been trapped on a plane with for 15 hours.

Still, I'll be in Rome in a few hours, so life isn't so bad.