Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Galler posted:

I think I want a Steelcase Gesture with the headrest
On the chair configurator, under Fire Code Type dropdown,
"Yes"
"Texas"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Gotta keep one of those wheels as a coffee table base or something no??

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Yeah, I remembered they were high-end forged wheels that cost a hilarious amount each. Would make a good "gently caress You" to the fire/keep the AMG's spirit alive.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Hey T-Square... it's probably geographically difficult/impossible unless you live in a few select areas, but the Mayo Clinic will take care of your girlfriend to the highest quality and if you can't afford to pay, they won't bankrupt you on top of the rest of the stress and pain and anxiety. Obviously they prefer to be paid, but they will not turn someone away who needs care because their insurance is fuckheads (all insurance is fuckheads.)

A childhood friend of mine's older brother (49) was diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer today which has a 5-year survival rate of 14%... which is poo poo. He's fortunate enough to live in the Phoenix area where there is a Mayo though so he will get the best care available regardless of his insurance company's cooperation.

My uncle was a department head at the Mayo for 35 years and retired emeritus/is still on the board, I'm biased because of this but I've observed how they operate for a long time and they're how the medical industry is meant to work from the mindset of patient care and actual doctoring, not pandering to the insurance company's share prices.

Good luck to everyone's cancer saga. It's a gently caress.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I saw "Hobbs & Shaw: 8 Fast 8 Furious" yesterday in IMAX... fun movie, extremely silly but a good couple hours of Alternate Superhero Universe if you're tired of Marvel, and it's better at being a Bond movie than Bond has been in 15 years.

Bears zero resemblance to the first movies, and Suspension of Disbelief must elevate to near "Enlightenment" levels and maintained throughout, but everyone in it is a pretty good actor and the effects are well done.

:rice::rice::rice:

Re: BRZ/FR-S vs C5 or C6 Corvette - You can have a WHOLE lot more fun in the FR-S without losing your license, if you're good with your hands and feet it's virtually impossible to lose control of it no matter what insanity you do because it's just perfectly balanced (and slow), you can do all sorts of dumb poo poo that would cost you bigly in a faster/heavier car.

That being said I think the FR-S works best if you have rural, twisty/smooth ribbons of asphalt to enjoy it on, I think it'd be a terrible DD in town because you'll be ragging the poo poo out of it from every stoplight and still losing every 0-45 race to the next one with the mom in the minivan next you with the 5 kids along who doesn't even know that you're racing. Because it's glacially slow.

I think my '92 Miata is faster in a straight line. But also 400x wobblier since it's missing a roof, the FR-S really impressed me with how rigid it is and it feels like a much higher end sports car in the handling department, it's almost like a baby E92 M3 with the way it just gives you utter confidence.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

InitialDave posted:

Like Battleship, it's a loving awesome old-school fun action flick to sit and watch with your best mate and a bottle of Wild Turkey.
Exactly what we did yesterday! But substitute "Hornitos Tequila" for me since it comes in a handy, pocket-sized bottle...

Bonus is my best mate looks exactly like Idris Elba, down to the white hairs in the beard.. it's uncanny.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

InitialDave posted:

You need bigger pockets.

Well, it was a fifth... seemed sufficient for just the two of us!

Then we went and saw a showing of The Doors movie "Final Cut" with a Q&A with Oliver Stone and John Densmore at the Wiltern and that was cool, but Jim Morrison seems a lot less awesome now that I'm not 15 anymore like I was when I read "No One Here Gets Out Alive". Lotta major Doors Fans still though.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
As a fellow Cool Uncle I can attest it's all the good things of kid ownership without the monthly fee. Congrats.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I too have had pretty great results with Geico. They totalled my wife's problem Altima that had a blown head gasket (the 2.5 with the known failure engine that lovely Nissan failed to admit and refused to address until it was out of most original customers' hands) from a hit & run parking lot bash that was completely cosmetic to the trunk and spoiler and hardly even noticeable since it was black, and gave me $6200 miles since it was in otherwise great shape. Car was worth maybe $3200 on the market if I'd tried to sell it since everyone's did the same thing and everyone knew about the problem.

Let's put it this way: I still have Geico and I'll never buy another Nissan.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Somewhat Heroic posted:

You and what car? :thunk:

This man used to be a nice guy. Then he got an E90 M3, the at-will burnouts went to his head.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I like the homemade Superbird, but that's not an LFA, it's an LC.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I'm not a tireologist but I think that's going to need to be replaced.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

InitialDave posted:

No, that's still 31st October.
The US: "We're the stupidest place on the planet"
The UK: "Hold my gin & tonic"

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
At least Boris Johnson is only playing at being a dimwitted fucktard, he's an Oxford man and you don't get into Oxford because your daddy gave you $500 million.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Weird. My wife insists I deliberately turn the traction control off, but then again she does give the warboys V8 salute to the M3 every time we go out to it from wherever we're parked at...

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
She is pretty cool. The fact that she's owned more fun cars (two Mk1 MR2's - one with RHD and one with LHD, a couple Fox Body Mustangs, a vintage Rolls) than I have isn't a bad thing either.

She's also 5'9, has a very middle-english british accent with the edges rubbed off from being a Lancashire lass educated at Oxford, and enjoys watching me play shooter video games (poorly). I can't complain - I've done okay for a no-account chancer from Iowa..

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

meatpimp posted:

I bet more. Clean CRXs were picked over a decade ago. Fun car at the time, pretty much defined the segment. I wouldn't be surprised with $25k+

Edit: speaking of deals, one of you guys buy this, put it on BaT, then reap major profit. I don't have the time right now.

https://www.cedarrapidstoyota.com/used/Toyota/1975-Toyota-Land+Cruiser+FJ55-hiawatha-ia-9eeb99f10a0d0cc72f5092d3d13aa3e7.htm

Interestingly enough, I know a guy in that area who buys & renovates classic cars of all types. I emailed that to him, here's one of the things he's selling right now...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Fermented Tinal posted:

:swoon:

What a beautiful wagon.

Here's the full listing with a bunch of other pics.
https://www.iowatrucksandmuscle.com/inventory/view/12232525/1988-Mercury-Grand-Marquis-4dr-Wagon-Colony-Park-GS/#c-additional-photos

$5350, pretty reasonable for a car from the midwest that looks this fresh after 30+ years with a 5.0 in it..