Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
I love how loving precious Ferrari are.

I bet Koenigsegg would just tweet a challenge that if the car hasn't logged some 200mph+ runs on the ECU by next service, he'll hang him upside down over a pit of laser-equipped sharks or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Don't know if you guys are watching Bad Obsession's transporter project, but part 3 dropped today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSP6l8JIIB8

Some precision prybar work at about 25:30.
I think they should change the project name to DAF'd Punk.

The funny thing is that the older versions of those can be had with a 6BT, and there's kind of an evolutionary lineage there, so whoever placed their bets on that deserves a partial win.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Kazinsal posted:

No one who buys a $70k blinged out extra boost F-150 is going to consider using 87 in it.
:allears:

Have you met, you know... people?

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
I agree they should sort it out for their own peace of mind and ensuring they shed any potential liability issues, but if nothing else, whoever the new owner of it is/was is getting messed around here too, through no fault of their own, so even if you wanted to make the dealer sweat it a bit for their fuckup, it's not really fair on this unknown third party to leverage their situation to do so.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Rhyno posted:

He's just a dude I nod at.
Up nod or down nod?

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

cakesmith handyman posted:

Other people having it worse doesn't mean you aren't having it bad. That's what I tell myself when I want to whine about whatever.
Yeah, that's like thinking you aren't allowed to be happy because other people have it better.

Oh I also found the source of the squeal in the Panda brakes, turned out to be a caliper bolt backed out just enough that when it got hot the caliper moved and allowed the pads to vibrate. Then it got hot and worse. Turns out the other side had loctite, as it should, this side had copper grease, which absolutely wasn't right. Not something I did previously as I changed the discs and pads without dropping the calipers off. So god knows how long it's been like that.
:toot:

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Rock (related) chat: Iron Maiden are knobs for forcing the game Ion Maiden to have its title changed to Ion Fury.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Ether Frenzy posted:

I saw "Hobbs & Shaw: 8 Fast 8 Furious" yesterday in IMAX... fun movie, extremely silly but a good couple hours of Alternate Superhero Universe if you're tired of Marvel
Excuse me, but that's the Fast And The Funiverse to you.

Ether Frenzy posted:

it's better at being a Bond movie than Bond has been in 15 years.
Well, while they did amend the "black Superman" line to change it from being a James Bond reference (as that was a bit too oooooof for Idris Elba), as far as I'm concerned, it's the new Tango And Cash.

Like Battleship, it's a loving awesome old-school fun action flick to sit and watch with your best mate and a bottle of Wild Turkey.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Ether Frenzy posted:

Exactly what we did yesterday! But substitute "Hornitos Tequila" for me since it comes in a handy, pocket-sized bottle...
You need bigger pockets.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

ilkhan posted:

The 2.7L's codename is nano, and it's seriously small. Which is why people are pissed that it's not in the Ranger. It'd be awesome.
The hilarious part is, they announced an EU-market, Ranger-based Raptor... and then put a 4-pot turbodiesel in it.

:wtc: indeed.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
I'm just looking forward to the Ford 2.7TT vs Audi 2.7TT videos.

INTERNET FIGHT!

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Considering the devs have turned out to be awful shitlords it's probably for the best that Maiden told them to get hosed.

Queen Combat posted:

Yeah, that came out of loving nowhere. Game looked good enough on the LGR review/peek, but not worth it to purchase now that I know it comes from a place of such utter hate.
(That said, if you've already got it and are past the return window, eh enjoy the game - death of the author and all that. Not your fault for not knowing of course.)
I bought it quite some time back, because I love DN3D and the early access/demo game was bang on the money. If it turns out the game includes stuff that I take issue with, I'll be disappointed, but aside from that, well, I've bought it now. Ah well.

The Iron Maiden thing, if their pushback on the naming is related to this, and it's a way for them to rap the knuckles of people they think are dicks, it makes more sense, but if they weren't aware and it's just overly aggressive trademark defence, I still disagree with people/companies doing that.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Fender Anarchist posted:

Then get mad about lovely copyright laws and the need for them to do that for legal precedent reasons, they're just playing the game.

e: personally i think the laws ought to be greatly restricted in scope, but also things tweaked to where ie having a video game named the same as your band, without infringing any of your actual content, does not count as a violation you gotta pursue. that way Maiden wouldn't be obligated to go after the obviously unrelated stuff for fear of losing their case against future, more egregious violations by actual malicious actors.
I think the law already does cover that (same or similar name in a different sector not being infringement), but that doesn't mean they can't apply legal muscle to bully someone over it. It becomes about whether you can afford to push back rather than whether you're right.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

How much does that weigh, because I think you are going to win the lowest hp/kg around here, I can only do 60hp/850kg
I have a 70bhp Landie on a 1-ton chassis, so 1500kg unladen, 2500kg rated.

But I can also call on my dad to field an Austin 7 with 13bhp for 600kg.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
I've had an email from Marty Mulholland to ask my opinion on Daihatsu poo poo. :staredog:

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
You got a police report? gently caress, man, did you suck off the chief inspector? The rest of us just get a "crime number" and that's about it.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

You mean the date of the apocalypse?
No, that's still 31st October.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
If you hosed about with the seats while carting everything about, check the plugs under the front seats, always a good source of mystery airbag lights on many cars.