Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Rolling the dice.

I hate Walmart but they had the tires for my car @ $160/tire, pick-up only, instead of $250-$300/tire everyone else was selling them for.

They deliver to the local store next week. I'm thinking worst case, they cancel the order because their price was wrong? Or they show up damaged, or the wrong tires?

Am I missing a downside here? Also is there anything visual I should look out for before I take them, outside of obvious damage?

Edit - Hi Dad! :wave:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Powershift posted:

I'm going to make my own chair out of a cooled S-class or 7 series seat at some point because all computer chairs suck.

My standard for this is an e28 BMW seat

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Tremek posted:

Life is weird. Still miss the newfie, but my wife stumbled into what seems like a good thing, and I didn't say no, so:

5 month old French bulldog with papers. Lady who had him couldn't keep him due to surgery. He's pretty adorbs. When we first got married my wife and I had both an American bulldog and an English bulldog, so I guess we have something of an affinity for the bully breeds.

I love frenchies. They're so full of personality!

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Goober Peas posted:

Rolling the dice.

I hate Walmart but they had the tires for my car @ $160/tire, pick-up only, instead of $250-$300/tire everyone else was selling them for.

They deliver to the local store next week. I'm thinking worst case, they cancel the order because their price was wrong? Or they show up damaged, or the wrong tires?

Am I missing a downside here? Also is there anything visual I should look out for before I take them, outside of obvious damage?

Edit - Hi Dad! :wave:

Tires came in, they were exactly the same Pirelli SKU as Tire Rack and Discount, just $160 instead of $250. And Wal-Mart was insane with back-to-school shoppers.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

I bought a used Kia Soul from a local Hyundai dealership last week. My transaction did absolutely nothing to improve my opinion of Hyundai dealerships.

Cliffs Notes:

Car was advertised at $6300 on Autotrader, in the newspaper, and online. They 'made a mistake' it should have been $9800.

I got to my car, and it magically was $6300 cash.

Get to F&I and they used a fancy computer desk. There was no option to not purchase Gap insurance despite it being a cash sale.

I made it to the lot exit before they waved me back in.

Back to the fancy desk, they wanted me to sign approval to run a credit report. 'We do this on all customers'. Even on Cash sales? I'm walking.

I went to lunch.

Finished the deal later that afternoon. Parting shot - 'We noticed your LaCrosse - what would it take to get you into a G80?' Flying pigs over frozen hell.

Goober Peas fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Aug 12, 2019

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

I knew what I was getting into when I saw their 1.8 star out of 5 rating online. On the flipside I got the title in the mail today, which is nice.

This was also the Hyundai location that sells Genesis with none of the Genesis amenities.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

I like to think my mother started that trend. She is the queen of labels and instructions. She is also a hoarder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

nice!

software is good, im doing an android app for a german auto companyh and it's heaps of fun but far more stressful than any project i've ever been on before since theyre trying to combine waterfall plus agile and that never turns out well for anyone

Welcome to my world

Where we waterfall all report and output development and have a 0% success rate