Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

A Small Car posted:

a shitload of scrap horns for parts

Okay we're going to need to see your frankenhorn project. Best start it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

fridge corn posted:

That might be why I've never seen that error message come up before cuz uk cars don't have seat occupancy sensors

I assume you mean UK Astons, I've experienced them on other cheaper plebian makes.

Talking of hogrings I need to take the seat covers off the Panda to clean them properly due to the dumbass textured mesh they use, how much work is it and do I need special tools?

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Other people having it worse doesn't mean you aren't having it bad. That's what I tell myself when I want to whine about whatever.

Going to try and rack up as much weekday overtime as I can squeak past my boss between now and Christmas, need money for projects.

Oh I also found the source of the squeal in the Panda brakes, turned out to be a caliper bolt backed out just enough that when it got hot the caliper moved and allowed the pads to vibrate. Then it got hot and worse. Turns out the other side had loctite, as it should, this side had copper grease, which absolutely wasn't right. Not something I did previously as I changed the discs and pads without dropping the calipers off. So god knows how long it's been like that.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Hey remember laser printer chat from a while back? I was about to drop money on a mono all in one and my wife changed her mind at the last moment, so I now need recommendations for a colour all in one laser that won't break the bank. Not expecting photo quality colour printers obviously.

I need to move forward planning to build a craft cabin in the garden to get my wife's craft stuff out of the house. She's no private space really and it's everywhere. Might start a thread in DIY.

And I decided I can't be arsed repairing the S40, it needs parts that'll cost as much as it's worth when I fix it plus I'd rather spend my little free time elsewhere so I'll try and sell it as needing repairs, if that doesn't work (it won't) I'll strip some bits out and scrap it. Wonder how many of the speakers I can squeeze into the Panda?

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

mariooncrack posted:

Brother laser printers seem to be the best. I'd find one that prints color that's in your price range and get that.

Yeah sometimes it's that simple, ordered a brother-DCP-L3510CDW. Let's see how long the 1000 page starter toners last.

E: daughter just made up a "swan dance" and wanted music to dance to, run to the hills it is kiddo :black101:

cakesmith handyman fucked around with this message at 10:26 on Aug 17, 2019

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Brother laser jet turned up, I was in bed with a migraine, when I got up my wife had problem solved a blue stripe down every page, set it up on the network, printed colouring templates for the kids and a knitting pattern for herself, happy all round.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

slidebite posted:

Which model did you end up with?

DCP-L3510CDW, it's chonky but quiet. Going to rearrange the living room and tidy the bureau up so it can actually be used as a desk, it'll be nice to have somewhere to actually sit rather than laptop on the sofa.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

That's nice to hear, may the good news continue.

Rearranged the living room, I just want to open every drawer and tip them all into a bucket and throw all this poo poo away, my wife is terrible for keeping rubbish. Every flat surface on bookshelves and the tops of things? Covered in something. I started and discovered 14 magazines we've had delivered and not read, cancelled that poo poo right away. They're the freebies with the camping club membership but if we not reading them why are we having them delivered? A bin full of receipts for everyday shopping, no end of brochures and leaflets for past holidays etc. Big bin's full, going to keep the momentum and carry on tomorrow.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Yeah we've got a 6 and a 9yr old but they're not the major source of clutter. Hence planning the garden office building for her craft stuff to go in. I'm forbidden from referring to it as the hormone dome so now I'm calling it the crafty crab.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

I've had enough of sitting 25m from a running steel press so I came in early, picked my stuff up and went into an office with a free desk "I work here now, *supervisor* requested it"

They have a toaster and do crosswords at lunchtime, I'll see how long this lasts.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Carried on tidying last night, got the bureau and craft drawers straightened out and the laptop can now be used at a desk for the first time ever (we've been in this house 4 years) mountain-o-shoes/hats/bags needs a new solution, I made a cabinet to go in the space under the stairs a couple of years ago but it's not using all the space effectively. I need to rip out the stupid shallow cabinets at the back and make some proper deep built ins. Also the recliner that just gets used as a place to dump bags needs to go.

Anyway now I can use the laptop properly I'll draw up the cabin and try to get a thread started in DIY.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

bolind posted:

We're now housemortgage owners!

I'll post a pic when I get to the bottom of this todolist.

So... Never?

:v: Congrats though

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

KakerMix posted:

Me leading off the line in my 100hp diesel Land Cruiser on the daily, constantly, forever.

I really do not see the slow car bad thing when I'm constantly having to pass cars with triple or quadruple the power. People still drive as fast/slow as they ever did it as far as I can tell, even if everyone is packing power.

How much does that weigh, because I think you are going to win the lowest hp/kg around here, I can only do 60hp/850kg

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

My kids are happily playing with the neighbors kids, there's a bunch of meat on the (single use disposable) barbecue, there's some Cider in my hand and more in the fridge.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

You mean the date of the apocalypse?

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

But don't worry! We've got a petition going! That'll sort it!

So loving anxious right now.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

It sounds like you could have handled it better with hindsight, going forwards better communication is clearly the key. Hope your dog and dad are okay.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

I never listened to any Tool because the only person I ever met in real life who talked about them was a colossal dick wart so I assumed they were terrible.

On the other hand the new Caravan Palace album is out and it's beautiful, I love it. I also watched Endgame last night, that's was pretty good too.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Er, who was the bearded goon going to Hong Kong?

https://imgur.com/gallery/PM5B37H

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Glad to hear