Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

loving gently caress. I just got you back, you piece of poo poo!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

fridge corn posted:

Looks like it's just been shut off??

That came on when I was driving and wouldn't go off. It went away when I left it off for 10 minutes. Hopefully, it doesn't come back.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

If it fails, it better do it before my warranty is up.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

LloydDobler posted:

Did you have anything on the passenger seat? The occupancy sensors can trip if you put a package on there that's lighter than an adult but heavier than nothing, the car thinks you have a baby or child there.

Seat was completely empty.

fridge corn posted:

Also lol leaving the rear quarter glass raised with the roof and door glass lowered is very triggering to me pls fix this!!!!

If there was a way to only leave one of them raised, I'd do that just to drive you crazy.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Maybe I should have gotten something more reliable. Like an Alfa or a Maserati.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Light came back :bang:

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Out of interest, who has the most problematic basket case car on this forum anyway?

*Kramers in out of nowhere, completely oblivious to the prior conversation*

'Sup, guys?

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Maksimus54 posted:

Bought a newish Aston Martin for $100k+ 3ish months ago and it hasn't worked right since he drove it off the lot

2016 DB9 GT Volante with 3500 miles.

Bought it in April. When I picked it up, it had a few niggles I knew about - roof mechanism didn't work quite right, blown speaker - that kind of thing. Figured I could drive it while they waited for the parts to come in. No big deal.

Less than a month after I got it, the steering went totally hosed - 15-20 degrees off center. Took it into the shop and it threw a check engine light on the way. Took until a couple weeks ago to get it back. They had to send it to Cleveland to go to the AM dealership. Steering was a steering angle sensor and an alignment. Also the tires don't match across the axles (passenger side are the original tires, driver's side are 2 years newer and Porsche (N0) spec). The Aston dealership says this is totally fine and they don't see anything wrong with it and insists the alignment just went out on its own for *reasons*. CEL was an O2 sensor - apparently a fairly common issue on these engines because it's not like they should have this poo poo figured out on a 13+ year old platform, right? Anyways, parts took forever to come in. Finally got it back about 2 weeks ago. Now the passenger airbag light keeps coming on. I think it's probably a seat weight sensor, but who the gently caress knows at this point. Guess it has to go back.

TL;DR: I'm paying 2 grand a month for a car I've been able to drive 5 weeks out of the 4 months I've owned it.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

SeaGoatSupreme posted:

Str: I'm saving up to leave

Also str : I'm getting married in a month, it makes sense because *fartttt*. I'm just gonna save up for a divorce lawyer too. No, I can't make her sign a prenup she'd slash my tires and be very suspicious. She buys 1700 dollars in candles a month, it's gonna take a while since we just merged our bank accounts.

Send her this thread. Problem solved.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Don't say that guys. My girlfriend had an ancient guy hit her Stinger in a roundabout last week and he has AAA. :ohdear:

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Elviscat posted:

Does she have comprehensive insurance? If so it's more about who her insurance company is, since they'll be the ones going after the other dude's insurance to recoup costs.

This is also a good reason to carry comprehensive with a good insurer even on a cheap car, and why I do so on my Ranger even though I could replace it out of pocket, gently caress going to battle with someone else's company who is purely motivated to gently caress me over, I'm gonna sit on the couch and massage my whip lashed neck while I wait for my check to come inside a week, with a free rental, and all haggling and negotiating being entirely invisible to me.

She does, but she's going through his insurance.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

I know this is probably against the popular opinion, but the one claim I had with Geico went super smooth and the shop they recommended did a great job.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

cakesmith handyman posted:

Yeah we've got a 6 and a 9yr old but they're not the major source of clutter. Hence planning the garden office building for her craft stuff to go in. I'm forbidden from referring to it as the hormone dome so now I'm calling it the crafty crab.

Uh, excuse me. It's a she shed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ffs4gSJjjV4

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

I hadn't heard this particular slang before and thought it was an old timey phrase for some sort of common rooster decoration like you'd find in a barnhouse kitchen and GIS'd it. I don't recommend you do the same.

E: sex was good, I take it?

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

I pay my retired neighbor 20/week to mow and edge for me, and once a month he charges me hourly to weed and do whatever other misc work. It's the best thing in the entire world and when he finally moves down south I'm gonna be so upset.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Holy crap. A new home that isn't a cookie cutter plastic dollhouse or a mcmansion monstrosity. Good job dude.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Rhyno posted:

I know right, 300+ hp in a family sedan.

On the other hand...

https://www.motor1.com/news/365759/kia-stinger-secret-incentive/

Joiiiiiiiiiiin uuuuuuuus.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Deteriorata posted:

Drift racing is the dumbest poo poo I've ever seen, but they managed to make it entertaining.

Google Maps view of the abandoned Eastman Kodak plant in Rochester shows the course under construction: https://www.google.com/maps/place/E...1!4d-77.6293328

My ex father in law used to work there. Gonna do donuts where his cubicle used to be.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

LloydDobler posted:

Hyperdrive is a hell of a lot of fun. I'm in episode 5 and they really pull back on the commentary. Way better than other reality shows. I like that it's well represented by women too. I cried like a baby when the BMW engine gave up on Stacey from South Africa. Pulled all my dad strings.

Just finished it and while Diego was one of the best drivers up there, and definitely deserved his win, the child prodigy with overbearing father thing made me not like them all that much. Still, better him than the "I'm here because I'm rich and ruined a Lambo" guy.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

No, except that we all want one too. How much?

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

everdave posted:

They usually go for $6-8k. I bid 6 and won for $3500 but I got lucky. Has 3800 (yes 3,800) actual KM

Edit: yes Siren and flashy light still hooked up

Goddamn. Nice find.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

I told my friend and he desperately wants to know how much you'll let it go for.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

It was Jan 20 2027. We're all dead.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Ether Frenzy posted:

Weird. My wife insists I deliberately turn the traction control off, but then again she does give the warboys V8 salute to the M3 every time we go out to it from wherever we're parked at...

Where did you get your wife and do they have more in stock?

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

meatpimp posted:

You had a dog and a dad before you had her. Life changes, often in ways we don't expect, and she should recognize that.

Yeah, but she doesn't even know it's his dad. I feel like if you're dating and living with this person, she has a right to know this stuff. I'd be bothered as hell if my GF said "someone might need to live with us for a while and I can't tell you who." Like, if you don't trust her to not go out and tell everyone about it, you shouldn't be dating or living with her.

Edit: to be honest, 3 months is way too soon to move in together. You're still treating her like a roommate instead of a partner and she doesn't appreciate it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

STR posted:

The shifter pattern being the same always fucks with me when I'm watching RHD car videos, but at least it seems like it'd make it easier to translate between right and left hand memory.

I mean, it makes sense. The shifter is in the middle of the car, regardless of which side the driver is on. They're not going to make a different transmission with everything mirrored.