Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Can anyone recommend a good computer chair? preferably a comfortable one that doesn't make my legs fall asleep?
Used furniture, store, buy a herman Miller or something quality.
The difference is amazing.

"I'd never buy $300 shoes"
About my 10 year old allen Edmonds I wear weekly while they buy $50 shoes every 6mo.

nm fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Aug 2, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Humphreys posted:

Speaking of stupid poo poo.... LS into the 300Z:

Looks way easier to work on, IMHO.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

Another mass shooting in Dayton, OH.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/04/us/dayton-ohio-shooting.html

Goddamnit.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

Residency Evil posted:

Even though I've been to the airport countless times, I'd never actually been to Detroit until today. When Grand tour did that Detroit episode earlier this year, I wondered how they managed to shut down such a long stretch of road in major city. It's probably not a surprise to anyone, but, uh, I figured it out.

For those of you that know Detroit, is it really rebuilding?
My dad lived there in the 70s and goes back about annually and says it is like a million times better.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

Finally had to replace the 7 year old battery in my Mazda.
Did batteries always cost $150?
I'm sure I got robbed because it was stone dead and I couldn't wait for my dad's costco card (where they are apparently $80 somehow).

nm
Jan 28, 2008

Oh, I got the core back. All $18.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

I wish I could have just bought the OEM battery, which was a made in japan panasonic. 7 drat years.
It died at the gas station and barely could hold enough charge to start this afternoon, so I had to buy what was available, which was whatever autozone had.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

There's this stuff that falls from the sky called "snow". Would you believe it's frozen water? Good lord it's absolutly ghastly stuff. And would you also believe there's this thing that happens on cars called "rust"? It's true! Cars actually fall apart due to this substance. And everyone there is so polite and saying sorry all the time and there's no black and white birds trying to murder you. It's just... WRONG I tell you!

That's the salt, not the snow. Like Washington sees very little rust because there's not much salt used. I wonder if BC is the same.

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

I mean..... hockey sticks. Just wrong. Whats wrong with cricket bats to belt the hell out of nazis?
They're way more effective because of length. Gotta get that leverage.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6P5pQb7TCTo

nm fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Aug 11, 2019

nm
Jan 28, 2008

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Oh hey I just got married

Stay in Canada. It seems like the only english speaking county that hasn't gone completely loving insane (well, maybe NZ?). Though elections coming up, and I have a bad feeling.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

In other more car-related notes, AAA really came through on my claims for my total-loss E46 and Aprilia V4R that got melted in my dad's garage fire. I was especially concerned about the motorcycle since it's somewhat rare in my area and had a factory/dealer-installed performance package I had no receipts for. The adjustor worked with me based on photographs I had, and they paid out just $650 shy of what I bought it for it five years ago. E46 prices are pretty much bottomed out right now, but I had recent glamor shots of it after I did a full claybar detail and those combined with the low milage got me a more than fair payout. Overall it was a very painless process and I'd definitely recommend them for auto insurance.

FYI, this is absolutely the exception and I encourage anyone in California to dump AAA insurance like their HS girlfriend dumped them.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

I got his by a car by a woman with AAA and with good coverage.
She was at fault, it was on video (god bless bars that have fights so they have cameras on the street), and she admitted as such.
They low balled the absolute poo poo out of me. They would not negotiate at all.

So I took her rear end to small claims court. They made he go to court with no support. She also lived like 150mi away and had to be in court at 8am. They provided no support in court -- they can't send a lawyer, but they can send an adjuster, etc. No negotiation allowed by them.
She again admitted fault. No facts in dispute.
She was found 100% at fault.
They wasted this paying customer's time over like $4k, sent her to court with no preparation or support, and were just generally lovely. It is one thing to make things suck for the other party, but it is quite another to just gently caress over your paying customer.

Seriously, if you are an insurance company and your driver hits someone not in a car and it costs less than $10k, just loving pay out. If I wasn't a lawyer, I'd previously have called an injury lawyer who would have somehow make it costs twice as much. I just wanted to be made whole.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

I had fireman's fund prior to their exit from the California market.
Their claims were amazing and completely painless. OEM only parts, agreed value on everything -- limiting fights -- etc. They made only one major claim painless as were my minor claims. I hear they were amsolute dicks if you were the other car, but they treated their customers amazing.
They also charged a bit more than average, but it was worth it for me. I miss them.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

MrOnBicycle posted:

Apart from some over the top details on some models, I kinda like Lexus design language. Refreshingly different.
The LC500 is going to be a loving amazing used car in like 5 years. Saving my pennies now.
I think I'll be old enough for a grand tourer then.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

Ether Frenzy posted:

The US: "We're the stupidest place on the planet"
The UK: "Hold my gin & tonic"
I feel like all the English speaking countries are trying to one up each other.
It may seem like canada isn't playing, but that's a long con as we reanimate rob ford.
If that fails, there's always doug.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

MrChips posted:

Canada is playing, we're just 5 years behind momma England and daddy America. I mean, we have Dog Whistle Andy running the federal cons these days, Dougie in Ontario, and the illegitimate fat boy Jason actually speaking of western separation in anything other than dismissive terms.

poo poo is hosed man.

Oh, absolutely, but no one who isn't Canadian knows anything beyond Trudeau being good looking and not Trump.

Ether Frenzy posted:

At least Boris Johnson is only playing at being a dimwitted fucktard, he's an Oxford man and you don't get into Oxford because your daddy gave you $500 million.
No, but you absolutely get into Oxford when you went to Eton and your dad is an MEP (which makes his brexit poo poo hilarious). I agree that he's playing at being that dumb, but going to Oxford when you're from a notable family doesn't mean poo poo. Also, he may not be an idiot, but he's certainly willing to light the UK on fire to try to salvage a career built on lies and bad choices.

nm fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Aug 28, 2019

nm
Jan 28, 2008

I want an IS-F. Yeah, they're expensive to jeep going for a lexus, but when you compare to m cars, amg, and audi s cars, they are so much cheaper to own.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Well on my way back home. It's certainly been a hell of a August for me. Dunno how the gently caress we're gonna get this visa poo poo done given how notorious Dept of Immigration here are but..... we'll work through it. Living in Canada for a while might actually be on to satisfy the "live together" requirement.

Oh and the 7 grand to apply. Well we knew that but GG it's just ridiculous all the same.
Just move to canada. Coastal BC barely has winter.

So, 11 months ago, I booked a trip to hong kong, the cancel fee was outrageous, so here I am. This is outside my hotel. Cool.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

Do you mind if they smell like tear gas?

nm
Jan 28, 2008

MrOnBicycle posted:

That's a good way to disappear after being arrested as a western spy.

Or just a good way of helping discredit the protests as an american agitator. I even work for the government (state of california, but propaganda doesn't work in nuance)
I'm a 6'4" white dude with a huge beard, I stand out.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

Holy poo poo, a literal entire mtr train load of protesters just got off when I got on the train. Was pretty amazing.
They're literally just shutting down mtr stations without warning right now, just trying to get back to the hotel.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

A: I have all my hair
B: My beard is way more glorious than that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nm
Jan 28, 2008

Also, apparently there is a cyclone nearby.