Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

New chat thread new Scout pics

Fluff shot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

slidebite posted:

Wanna pet stinky kitty :3:

She would love that, when you scratch her back her leg starts going like dogs do even when she's standing up. Right now her coat isn't the usual puffiness cause she just blew the underfluff off for the summer. I got a whole skunks worth of hair in the brush every day and I don't know how she has any left.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Know anybody that's big into knitting? Maybe they could spin all her hair into some yarn and make you a sweet hat.

Or a little skunk-sized sweater for her in the winter which would be totally adorable.

Some good news to offset sad chat is that I'm down to 185lbs from 224 from the last time I went to the doctor in the spring. Last year after losing my friend I was up to 244 since I didn't care about anything until I finally got help. My bp was something like 140/95 with debilitating depression and my doctor is awesome and helped with both those things.

At the spring appointment he wanted me to lose 10lbs before my next one in September and by then I should be down to 180 which would be 44. I've also been going out and doing fun things with new people which helps a lot to not feel like a fat sad sack. I still miss my friend immensely and have occasional bouts of depression but it's just about a 180 from a year ago. Sucks I missed the AI fitness thread cause the 64lbs less of me has been a huge difference.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Tremek posted:

That's the best news yet in a thread of good news, nice job man and keep it up. :)

What are you finding is working for you to manage calories?

Thanks man, definitely going to keep it up since I feel pretty good most of the time just not eating crap. For a while I was living on like Funny Bones and Zebra Cakes with gummy Lifesavers in between and I felt terrible and got super fat.

Luckily I had quit drinking like sometime in 2017 so that was a huge help with calories and my mental state. I still drink occasionally but a six pack lasts like a month now. Then I just quit eating processed food with carbs and sugar, again I do cheat occasionally but most of the time I live on fruit and vegetables. I'm a banana addict, I eat tons of them. That made a huge difference in the amount of energy I have for work too which is a lot of exercise as well. If it's not a hot as poo poo day I'll do stuff by hand like raking or digging instead of using machines for the extra exercise. The last few days gently caress that like yesterday I brought a tractor to fix a couple ruts I made at one of my jobs getting my truck stuck in the lawn this spring. Something I could have easily used a shovel but it was like 95 and 70% humidity, haha.

Every day gets a little better. For a while I wasn't working on any of my projects at all and now I put in some work at least a few days a week. Still have to work on some things since I really couldn't be social at all for a while and lost touch with a lot of people which sucks but I was in pretty bad shape.

Sorry about the e/n but here and one discord server are pretty much the only social media I use anymore and it feels stupid with the huge poo poo some of you guys are going through.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Darchangel posted:

Weird looking dog you got there. Or is that a cat?
yes, I know.

Not too far off, could be a polecat or woods-pussy

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Preoptopus posted:

Trying to find a music video. I think it was an Irish band but the video is a pov drunk walk home I remember him pissing all over a toilet at one point.

This one? Extremely not work safe

https://vimeo.com/14984618

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Haha what a fuckin dipshit, is he a used car salesman or something? (No offense, I mean that kind of used car salesman)

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Spotted a New England unicorn the other day. Looked pretty good besides the rear wheel arch rust though that means there is more hiding, sadly. Sorry about my dirty windshield.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

You and the dude with the Dodge van with the electrical system from hell.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It's when you have to drag it on the carpet then you know you went wrong somewhere

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

When I went to register my Silverado last year I get to the DMV title in hand and they notice there is no release of lien from a loan payed off in 2003. I figured I was mega hosed since the crash in 08 with all the banks consolidating and disapearing that getting the release was going to be impossible. It was some little bank in upstate New York. I called them and holy poo poo they still existed and were super cool and helpful and I got the release in a few days. Hardest part was finding a fax machine so I ended up efaxing it. I thought I was going to have to part the drat truck out. I was surprised though since I had the actual title in hand and I didn't think you got possession of that without paying off the loan. The whole point of the bank having it.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

I love the 4EAT, there I said it. My current one with 216k on it still feels sprightly, shifts freakin great and it gets a billion miles to the gallon on the highway (30mpg for a 20yo Subie is fantastic). The phase2 in the 04 was a little better but still, no complaints, both have been solid. Enough so that all things being equal a 5 speed wouldn't be a definite deciding factor. Since I like old poo poo Subarus rust always is anyway.

That's my slushbox confession.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Its always a long December but maybe this year will be better than the last.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Coredump posted:

Along with other advice look into a bottle of vitamin D. Not joking.

Yea this, it's magic. My doctor told me to start taking it and I asked if it was necessary since I'm outside already as it is and when I researched it I guess the vitamin d that you get from sunlight breaks down quickly.

If you haven't yet talk to your doctor about depression too. It's not just feeling sad, anhedonism and not caring about anything are part of it too and sitting around with no motivation are definitely signs you may have it and not know.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

So I think I found the problem on this Accent Im doing the clutch on

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

My great uncle is going to sell his 86 Trans Am pretty soon. He bought it new and has the window sticker and a pile of service records. It looks like the day it was made if not better with 40k on it. Even has the original tires still. I'm definitely going to put it on Bat since it looks like that's the best place to get ridiculous money

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Ooooh got any pics? Fire Chicken on the hood?

One of my dream cars is a mint late 80's IROC or T/A

No chicken on the hood, sadly. No t-tops which I'd prefer since they are cool but always leak and suck to deal with, had 2 t-top thirds and nah. A lot of them crack at the corners of the roof since thirds have a floppy chassis. It has the worst engine, 150hp 305 and a 700r4. Otherwise it's fukkin loaded. Has some kind of weird pleather seats that I've never seen in another third and the overhead console with the flashlight that's still there. I dont have any pics and he just put it back in storage. Next time I work on the Olds or if he decides to sell it soon I'll get some pics. If anyone is interested pm me. It'd fuckin rule to have it go to someone here for the LS swap thread.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

I got a Kitchenaid dishwasher a few years ago and it was like $900 but you can't hear it running at all and it gets everything just perfectly clean it's unreal.

I also just bought a Shark cordless and bagless vacuum and I couldn't be more happy about it. I have a rainbow but that was more for carpets and I got rid of all mine for laminate so I never used it anymore. I was just sweeping for a while but it never got as clean as the Shark does and not having to mess with a stupid cord is just the cats pajamas. The powerhead gets right up to the edges without having to remove it using the hose along the walls. It also has headlights.

Getting old where good appliances make me very happy. I'm more excited about the vacuum than the video camera that's on the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

If anyone is in the market for shelving my favorite ones are on huge sale at Lowes from 90 down to 55. I have 5 of them and they're great and sturdy. You can make them into work benches as well and they are so easy to put together

Sale ends tomorrow and I'm going to buy 4 more if they still have any left.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/edsal-72-in-H-x-48-in-W-x-24-in-D-5-Tier-Steel-Freestanding-Shelving-Unit/1000527