Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")

Rhyno posted:

IKEA. STR and I have the same one. Here's an updated version, it's super comfy

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/90289172/

This is the correct answer. Did a bunch of late work last week and fell asleep in the drat thing. I woke up feeling rested.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Str: I'm saving up to leave

Also str : I'm getting married in a month, it makes sense because *fartttt*. I'm just gonna save up for a divorce lawyer too. No, I can't make her sign a prenup she'd slash my tires and be very suspicious. She buys 1700 dollars in candles a month, it's gonna take a while since we just merged our bank accounts.

For the first time since I got my car, my wife let me take her real fast down some twisty roads. I think she peed herself. You too can heal from a traumatic rear end accident.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
That loving sucks, slidebite. I'm glad to hear it hasn't spread yet. My heart goes out to yall.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009

Real world : goon edition?

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Insurance is a motherfucker. They've been fighting diagnostic poo poo for a long time with the wife and I. Some days she can't walk, but she's "healthy" so they tell us to gently caress off. Multiple sed rates and crps taken months apart ten to fifteen times the high end of the range, all the classic signs of a whole host of autoimmune poo poo, and we still have to pay for a lumbar puncture and imaging out of pocket. Oh, and she's been diagnosed with myasthenia Gravis, but they won't cover a dime of the medication for it so the best we can do is a shitton of choline supplements.

I'm sorry you all have so much worse poo poo to deal with. Private Healthcare needs to be die.

On the plus side, I finally tracked down a wheel bearing for her lovely car for less than 50 bucks so I can get rid of that horrible loud rear end roar on the rear left.

Nissan wants almost 500 bucks to put one in. What in the hell is wrong with them.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009

ExplodingSims posted:

Some people are going up, others are having a tough time.
But as long as we don't fall into the "gently caress 20XX" pit I think we'll make it through just fine.

gently caress 20XX, wily and the reploids have made it v hard to get my morning avocado toast

:argh: quickmannnnn

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
I am currently most of the way up an appalachian mountain in a condo in the woods watching Miyazaki films and curling up with the wife. Things aren't bad at all. Happy anniversary, us. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

E: Oh and that old wheel bearing rusted the outer race onto the brake drum, so when I was knocking it out the entire bearing innards shot out the back.

I ended up needing a new drum because I couldn't get the race out. But no one, not even Nissan has the proper studs in stock. So I had to hammer out the old ones and reuse them.

In the process, I apparently got a lot of gunk on the tone wheel/wheel speed sensor because the abs and tc lights won't turn off. And her car cannot climb 15% grades at all, with the ac on. It's very upset about the bullshit I have put it through, changing pulley ratios is noticably rougher than before this trip. Next time, we are taking my car up here. Skyline drive, here I come. :getin:

SeaGoatSupreme fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Aug 17, 2019

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009

I am upset. I'm ancient. gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009

tetrapyloctomy posted:

It certainly sounds like Tool, it's just continuing further into noodling in weird time signatures when I wish they'd do a "retuning to our roots" album. But whatever, they're enjoying their musical exploration and they're free and clear of the bullshit legal stuff that hung over them for a while, I hope they continue making music. I can always go back to their first three albums for the sound I like.

I see what you did here