Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big dong wanter
Jan 28, 2010

The future for this country is roads, freeways and highways

To the dangerzone
put a deposit on a ve commodore ss 6mt, anyone know of a good shifter because the stock one is hot garbage?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big dong wanter
Jan 28, 2010

To the dangerzone
ok so everyone might be sad but i just acquired my dream car (2006 ve commodore ss 6mt) its not perfect but im already in love.
going from a rather worn out (570 000km) auto volvo 740gle to an ls engined manual commodore has been quite the trip.
anyone know any good workshops in the melbourne area?

big dong wanter
Jan 28, 2010

To the dangerzone
rock is extremely alive down under at least.
same with punk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j58V2vC9EPc

big dong wanter
Jan 28, 2010

To the dangerzone
Accidentally turned off the traction control in the commodore, thank gently caress leather seats are easy to clean because the non matching tyres made the fuckin thing go mega sideways. Excuse me while I borrow a crowbar to unclench my arse

big dong wanter
Jan 28, 2010

To the dangerzone

STR posted:

Or if you're so worried about how much we pay to run our electric water heater, maybe take a 5 minute shower instead of 20.

long as gently caress showers are good as hell

big dong wanter
Jan 28, 2010

To the dangerzone

Nebakenezzer posted:

I saw a Pontiac G8 for sale

And then I learned they made G8s with V6s?

It was the GM death V6 too

it was sad

eh, i've seen some v6 commodores with silly odo numbers. all the people i know who have had issues have had spotty maintenance records that said, the pcv system on those things is not up to snuff but iirc there are upgrades or swap in an earlier (and lower power) s1 vz commodore engine with a better timing chain setup.

big dong wanter
Jan 28, 2010

To the dangerzone

Humphreys posted:

I've built a few motors as seen in previous posts and I also own a Series 1 VE V6. I haven't done much to it ever simply to annoy the poo poo out of my mates dad who is a mechanic. I was driving him around this arvo and he was shocked to see 280,000 KMs on the clock. I've flushed oil a grand total of ONCE since I've owned it the past 6-7 years. Only other maintenance is a new oil pressure sensor which failed earlier in the year. Also have new plugs I intend to change one day ready.

This commie is gonna be one of those bastard unkillable exceptions to the rule of that poo poo engine.

imho the biggest issue with the alloytec is that the 3.8 it replaced is one of the all time cockroach engines.

big dong wanter
Jan 28, 2010

To the dangerzone

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

The 3.8 is a cockroach motor....? Man do I ever beg to disagree on that - They aint got poo poo on Falcon I6's for sheer how the gently caress do you kill em.

depends on the version, some of the sohcs were a bit turdy with headgasket issues and a buddy had an ef that was always having coil pack issues. the barras, ohv and the later ohc engines were great tho.
edit: also everything except the barra on those later falcons were utter poo poo, awful rear suspension (a step back from the au).
the gearboxs were especially awful except for the t56, the t5 was far too weak for the aspirated engine and they stuck it behind the turbo (wtf) and the autos were too weak (the zfs are great when they work but when they dont its pure agony to fix)
SOURCE: worked at a ford dealership as an apprentice mechanic in 2009 before deciding that it was killing my passion for cars

big dong wanter fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Aug 25, 2019

big dong wanter
Jan 28, 2010

To the dangerzone

You Am I posted:

I heard the Chinese built ZFs Ford used in the FGX were pretty garbage compared to the German built ones in the FG and BF.

The Chinese ones were awful but the German ones are just as painful to fix

big dong wanter
Jan 28, 2010

To the dangerzone

meatpimp posted:

New high point for my HOA. I've had 2 wheels of the Escalade off the driveway and in the grass to give my wife more room to back out while the Juke is still in the garage. I got this little nugget of joy this morning:

I can't :fuckoff: hard enough. I called so that we can review the pictures they took. Assholes. There's a house across the street that put a loving arbor vidae spite fence in its front yard without repercussions, yet I park with a couple wheels off the grass and it's "parking in the front yard."

what the gently caress is wrong with people?
i had a neighbouring shop who had a drag car who used to do runs up and down my street and i just went in there and asked them to move it a street over (where there arent any residential buildings) because the cattes kept getting out and i didnt want them smooshed. why wouldnt you just go up to someone and ask them nicely to do whatever?
that said if its not impacting you at all why would you give a poo poo? its not like an escalade slightly on a lawn affects anything

big dong wanter
Jan 28, 2010

To the dangerzone

shy boy from chess club posted:

My great uncle is going to sell his 86 Trans Am pretty soon. He bought it new and has the window sticker and a pile of service records. It looks like the day it was made if not better with 40k on it. Even has the original tires still. I'm definitely going to put it on Bat since it looks like that's the best place to get ridiculous money

Hang on to it and do some fuckin skids

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big dong wanter
Jan 28, 2010

To the dangerzone
i never got into their music but i know someone who works in the music industry and apparently trent reznor is a totally insufferable oval office even by bigwig musician standards