Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Well this got lost in the depression shuffle of the last thread,
But I'm super loving happy about it so uts getting reposted

ExplodingSims posted:

So, I got an unexpected call from my boss this morning.

The company is growing and things are being shuffled around, and welp, guess I'm the new service manager now. :v:
Comes with a pay raise and the work load will be split between me and the current guy, so it's not too bad.

They said they might have some positions opening up, bt I wasn't expecting it so soon.
Comes with a pay raise too, so that's pretty great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Resting Lich Face posted:

Give the forum a whacky project thread. You gotta beat v12 Frankenstein tho.

Well, I dont know anything about working on diesels, so how bad of an idea is cramming a twin turbo Duramax into a 70yo truck?

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Good poo poo man, guess that means you won't be coming back to FL any time soon huh :v:

Well, I do have some unfinished business there :v:

But real talk, Oregon has been great.
I hated Vegas as it was, then with my mom dying on top of everything else, I was just miserable. I was ready to move back.

But since moving here? Everything has been so much better. This company I got hired on to here has been amazing, and growing so much. I mean, i got two promotions in less than a year, something must be going right.

And Oregon is just great. There's so much to do. Go to the mountians, go to the beach, go down on the river.
Even just walking around downtown Portland is so much fun. And the weather is amazing. I mean, right now it's hot, but its not unbearable like Florida was.

Also, funnily enough, I meet so many people from Florida here.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Anything you're going to be on for an extended amount of time is absolutely worth it.

Shoes, office chairs, beds, etc..., all of these things can get really expensive, but also be totally worth it.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

the spyder posted:

Time for a Oregoon AI meet up? I'm just south of PDX and work in the pearl.

I'm down for it. Meeting Goons is always fun

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

meatpimp posted:

I thought we were going up in August.

Some people are going up, others are having a tough time.
But as long as we don't fall into the "gently caress 20XX" pit I think we'll make it through just fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Siochain posted:

Any recommendations on fridge brands oh ye knowledgeable folks? Redoing the kitchen and thinking about a new fridge. Samsung any good, or steer clear?

Unless you get something like a Sub-Zero or one of the other high end brands, they're all pretty much going to be the same.
Samsung might be the only brand I'd say to avoid, but the rest is pretty much a matter of aesthetics.