Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maksimus54
Jan 5, 2011

Darchangel posted:

I feel like this might be misinformation, but I can’t put my finger on it...

You're right, it rains 365 days a year here. And it snowed more than once! And squatch lives here!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maksimus54
Jan 5, 2011

Dagen H posted:

Refresh my memory?

Bought a newish Aston Martin for $100k+ 3ish months ago and it hasn't worked right since he drove it off the lot

Maksimus54
Jan 5, 2011

meatpimp posted:

Some of you were interested when I was talking about ebike stuff. Here's some more:

Rad Power just came out with an awesome form factor: https://www.theverge.com/2019/8/8/20791435/radwagon-electric-cargo-bike-review-car-replacement A cargo ebike is a great idea. I've got to get a rack on the back of mine, just haven't picked up the project yet.

Also, I needed to replace the bottom bracket on mine, since it was damaged from when it was hit while on a bike rack, too. I think it just tweaked the axle a little bit, but it was enough to trash the bearings within 100 miles. I couldn't get any info from Juiced about a replacement, so I took it apart this morning and found that it's got a 100mm wide carrier and the axle is 164mm... which is a total oddball size. I've got a cheapo coming from Amazon, but I was hoping to put a nice Shimano or something on there. I guess I'll need to do some more digging to find out if there are other options.

Ebiking is great fun. I've been using it for short commutes and it gets me where I'm going almost as fast, if not as fast, as a car for the few miles I'm going. And using it like that, I'm going full-out most of the time, which is 24-28mph and it gives me a range of about 20 miles. In contrast, I was lazy yesterday and took the ebike when I went for a ride with my daughter yesterday and with a much more sedate pace, I think the range would be easily 70-100 miles. Granted, that's at ~8-10mph, but that's a great range.

I bought a Rad Wagon vs Juiced Commuter because the wagon is by far and away the most utility per $. We've had a lot of fun on our ebikes and I even commuted to work for the first time on it a week ago. It's a stretch to call it a car replacement but I can definitely fit a toddler and a couple bags of groceries if I had the saddle bags for it.

Maksimus54
Jan 5, 2011

Beach Bum posted:

I mean it's not that I don't trust her, it's that Dad asked me to keep quiet about it, and being that we're super close I tend to respect those requests. It's just put me in a rather dicey spot.

I'll likely end up asking if he can loosen up a bit so I can ease the tension a bit.

She doesn't really have any say, but not telling her who is possibly moving in is a dick move, and a bigger dick move by your dad for making it your problem.