Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Soarer!

*edit: just noticing how very closely the layout of the centre console matches the mk3 Supra...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Car game: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3895275&pagenumber=2

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

meatpimp posted:

100%, almost like it's predictable.

But get this, antifa are the real problem...

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

KillHour posted:

Light came back :bang:

It wouldn't be a quality English car if it wasn't inherently broken and full of time-locked issues before it left the factory floor...

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Kazinsal posted:

Someone on my street is selling a 1991 BMW 850i V12 with 112k km (~70k miles) on it for $12.5k CAD (~$9500 USD) and I am having a VERY hard time thinking of reasons not to go to the bank for a loan of a few thousand dollars

At what other point are you going to be able to own a v12 for that much cash?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

meatpimp posted:

You mean own two conjoined but almost fully separate BMW inline sixes that is virtually equivalent to maintaining two full, 30 year old, BMW vehicles? What could go wrong.

I love the 850, always have, but would never entertain the folly of owning a V12 version. The V8 is a much better choice if you actually want a vehicle.

We'll this isn't a very AI attitude is it?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

As much as a I *love* the 850i....... dealing with the constant barrage of issues they have would prolly take any energy I have left to spare. I got no money so..... lovely Subarus it is

If you've already got your hands full with a car with issues then yeah it makes no sense. If you're looking at them though then subconsciously you want the drama and pain because it's obviously lacking elsewhere in your life...

Out of interest, who has the most problematic basket case car on this forum anyway?

Olympic Mathlete fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Aug 7, 2019

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

I do love @itsvantime, it's a van positive twitter account and it finds the weirdest van related poo poo.

https://twitter.com/itsvantime/status/1160610237419683840

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Spoderman : Into the Spiderverse lives up to the hype. drat that it good

Atila BattleAngel on the other hand... what a loving turd

Spiderverse is legit one of the best movies of the past few years.

Alita I never got past the weird eyes. I'm not sure what the deal is but all these live action versions have worse visuals than the cartoons and the also do action worse too. Virtually everything in the movie is CGI anyway, everything is fake and your viewers are suspending disbelief, particularly with your choices on the main character so you don't have to hold back.

Ghost in the Shell did similar, it used virtually all the same action scenes and somehow managed to do them worse than a 25+ year old cartoon. All apart from mayyyyyyybe that first scene.

Spiderverse is so so good though.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Music talk....Anyone else kinda psyched for the new Tool album dropping at the end of the month?

If it was 15 years ago, probably... I've moved on, the betting is Tool haven't.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

InitialDave posted:

Rock (related) chat: Iron Maiden are knobs for forcing the game Ion Maiden to have its title changed to Ion Fury.

Considering the devs have turned out to be awful shitlords it's probably for the best that Maiden told them to get hosed.

Olympic Mathlete fucked around with this message at 11:02 on Aug 18, 2019

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Pretty much every week I hear a new favourite track. I listen to loads of different stuff though, there's samey tracks in all genres so sometimes you should take a break and listen to something else to give yourself a break.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

Geico has been great for me too so far. Wife totaled her car, we got a new one like immediately.
Then someone backed into us, and we had to deal with whatever bullshit insurance is recommended by AARP. It took 2 months to fix a dent.
Then someone rear ended us a month ago and we're STILL dealing with USAA trying to get that fixed.

Pete and Pete introduced me to the band originally.

Same. That show was fantastic and Polaris are a great little band. :3:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

All the house stuff I have fits into 2 rooms easily.

...it's just the 4 cars and all the associated tooling that goes with them that requires all the space.

Nobody makes houses with triple garages and only like 3 rooms though for us habitual car tinkerers.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

My ex had a cross stitched spunking cock in her toilet and a plaster model of her naked torso sat atop her piano. She was an interesting sort.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

InitialDave posted:

But I can also call on my dad to field an Austin 7 with 13bhp for 600kg.

Amazing. I thought my 48bhp/750kg was 'bad'...

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

everdave posted:

I love love love this little Honda Today. Total blast to drive.

I adore these little cars so I am hugely jealous right now... :kimchi:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Lexus still with the Nike swoosh DRLS...

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

MrOnBicycle posted:

Apart from some over the top details on some models, I kinda like Lexus design language. Refreshingly different.

They're probably the best looking cars around at the moment (ignoring the ridiculous grilles).

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

HandlingByJebus posted:

Oh, insult to injury: they stole my last Coke out of the fridge and it’s a heatwave here. 😔

Americans: "but the UK doesn't get hot"

Sorry some shitbird stole your poo poo dude. Usually in hot weather it's random thievery through wide open windows... :/

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

meatpimp posted:

New high point for my HOA. I've had 2 wheels of the Escalade off the driveway and in the grass to give my wife more room to back out while the Juke is still in the garage. I got this little nugget of joy this morning:

I can't :fuckoff: hard enough. I called so that we can review the pictures they took. Assholes. There's a house across the street that put a loving arbor vidae spite fence in its front yard without repercussions, yet I park with a couple wheels off the grass and it's "parking in the front yard."

Land of the freeeeeeeee :v:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Powershift posted:

The Grand Budapest Hotel is my favorite movie for so many reasons, there was a time i couldn't even convince people to start watching it because of the style/premise.

It usually only takes this scene. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZR5ebXUMXM

It's a superb film and so beautifully shot too. I've tried to get so many people to watch and all that do adore it. I have a soft spot for Isle of Dogs too...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Lxqzem01IU

Olympic Mathlete fucked around with this message at 11:52 on Aug 29, 2019

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Yeah a lot of this is probably how you let her know a few specific things but not actually everything. You're kinda supposed to share stuff with your other half so I can see why she's currently a little wary.

The not liking dog things though there's no hope for. How do these people even exist?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Beach Bum posted:

I'd tell her it's my Dad but I know he would not be happy if I told someone outside the family. I might ask him today since it's still causing strife at home.

Does he not think people are going to find out or something? It's going to lead to some awkward situations when people ask you how your parents are doing... Dude doesn't need to be ashamed, it happens and it's poo poo and people need help with it because it's such a huge thing. Level with your girlfriend and you'll probably find she's pretty understanding about it.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

KillHour posted:

Yeah, but she doesn't even know it's his dad. I feel like if you're dating and living with this person, she has a right to know this stuff. I'd be bothered as hell if my GF said "someone might need to live with us for a while and I can't tell you who." Like, if you don't trust her to not go out and tell everyone about it, you shouldn't be dating or living with her.

:agreed:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

I've been watching prices climb on 240s for a while now. Maybe 3 years ago you could pick them up in decent condition for well under a grand and now they're all at least 2 grand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

tetrapyloctomy posted:

After listening to the entire album, I still feel underwhelmed. It's sorely lacking the edge that drew me into them in the first place, but to be fair it simply continues their creative arc, so I can't say it's surprising.

It's a Tool album so one you need to give time to. After a dozen or so listens you'll succumb to Stockholm Syndrome... ;)