Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

Started the claims process with AAA for my torched BMW and Aprilia. They will both be writeoffs. The AAA adjuster sent two DMV documents for e-signing that appear to be stating I am not retaining the vehicles.

The motorcycle is a pile of glowing slag ala Chernobyl and I don't plan on trying to salvage anything from the BMW (engine is sadly still perfect...), but am I correct in holding off on signing ANYTHING until I have seen payout amounts and agreed to them? Because that is my gut feeling.

Depending on your state and the age of the vehicle, you might have the right of first refusal for buying back a totalled vehicle. Going through contracts and relevant laws is always good practice before signing, so good gut feeling, I suppose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
Walmart sells guns and Texas has open carry. If only there was a good guy with a gun in the heart of Texas in a store that sells firearms

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

Yeah, you can't pit a traditional elder statesman against Trump, especially one that waffles on important social issues like Biden

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

For whatever reason, the heat brings out the guns in Chicago. I know that Chicago is slowly dying on the vine, but holy poo poo, it's feeling like it's accelerating after this last round of tax assessments squeezing harder on the poorer neighborhoods

T-Square posted:

Well, we finally got to meet with my girlfriend's Oncologist on Friday afternoon for the first time. He only had liver biopsy results to go off of, he originally ordered a PET/CT scan to be done before we met with him so we could have as much information as possible, but her insurance pretty much said "nO wHaT iF iT iSnT cAnCeR" and we had to wait until the biopsy came back, which took like four days and pretty much got to the Oncologist right before we met with him.

But the biopsy tells us that it is breast cancer. She just turned 30 on Saturday so she hadn't done mammograms at all because she isn't in the "at risk" age group. The Oncologist is great, his nursing team are great, and we have a "nurse navigator" who is helping us schedule appointments, lurking in the background to make sure people are doing their jobs to contact us for appointments, etc, and she's really great as well. They are still doing further examinations and testing on her biopsy samples, and we have to get a mammogram and PET/CT (gently caress you, insurance) scan done still. Once those are all done, the Oncologist can narrow down our treatment plans and we will move forward.

I'm hopeful.

And so very very anxious and dreading the future.

At least you know where the cancer came from now, and can actually move forward with more direct treatment instead of shots in the dark. Good luck, we're here if you need us

On a less down note, I have a random question. Does anyone remember which episode, or even which build, from the Skid Factory that Al goes on a long rant about coolant emptying, flushing, and filling? I want to send it to someone whose heat sucks in winter and engine temp runs dangerously high in summer traffic