Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

It's not about guns anymore. Even Aust style gun control is gonna do jack poo poo when you have these terrorists willing to shoot up random supermarkets.

It's about the shithead in the WhiteHouse stirring up assclowns. These fucks are just picking up the easiest thing to mass slaughter they can find but you can bet your house they would be using whatever they could find or making bombs instead if they didnt have guns. The REAL cause aint you can buy a AK47 easy as you please.... its the fact the GOP have been stirring up white facists for years and Trump has turned the dial up to 11. Anyone that voted for those assholes and Trump despite ALL the evidence just how bad an idea that was, then stands aside while the hate train is thrown into notch 8 really need a careful look at themselves at what they helped bring about.

It's both (and a lot of other stuff to boot, the biggest cause of regular old gun violence (not necessarily active shooter poo poo like this) is poverty). Our society has a serious problem with glorifying and fetishizing guns and violence and you don't reverse that by making sure there's an ever increasing amount of guns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

They should have tested the regular 3.5 eco boost that 4 million people have instead of the 450 horse raptor variant that like 20,000 people have.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Cancer chat:

I had two buddies (both early 40s) get diagnosed with stage 4 esophageal cancer last year.

One got diagnosed when he puked up blood after a night of drinking. He did a ton of chemo to get the stuff that’d spread. They then did a bunch of radiation on his esophagus. Pronounced him clear (enough?) to take a 3 month chemo break. Just got scanned again yesterday and said he can again come back in 3 months. I think it’s been 14 months since his diagnosis.

Other guy got diagnosed December 31st when all of a sudden he couldn’t swallow. Checked into the hospital and never checked out, died 3 months later.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

HandlingByJebus posted:

Other people who are also struggling are not your enemies. For-profit health care is inhumane.

For profit healthcare is gross but upper middle class welfare is also gross.

I know someone that did the same thing with a type 1 diabetes diagnosis when I know for a fact the worst possible financial outcome he could possibly have would have been to withdraw ~8000 for his annual OOP max from his mid-high six figure 401k.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

My previous house had a Love is spoken here sign that the previous owner forgot that I immediately took down but apparently forgot to throw away because 7 years later after buying a new house my wife hung it up in my garage

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

meatpimp posted:

New high point for my HOA. I've had 2 wheels of the Escalade off the driveway and in the grass to give my wife more room to back out while the Juke is still in the garage. I got this little nugget of joy this morning:

I can't :fuckoff: hard enough. I called so that we can review the pictures they took. Assholes. There's a house across the street that put a loving arbor vidae spite fence in its front yard without repercussions, yet I park with a couple wheels off the grass and it's "parking in the front yard."

At the opposite end of the HOA spectrum, my neighbor planted five evergreens last year. I immediately sent an email to the HOA management company saying "Hey, these are gonna gently caress up my view, was their landscaping plan approved?" and they responded with "Your neighbors went through the proper channels and we can't say anymore due to privacy issues." So I waited until they actually started loving up my view, which took all of 12 months, and am now sending emails again saying "Sorry, "nunya fuckin business" isn't really going to cut it considering the view is half the reason we bought the house and "Protecting the views the neighborhood is known for" is literally part of the first sentence in the HOA's mission statement.

I'm legit curious how this is going to proceed. It seems the two most likely causes are:

1. The "architectural committee" are idiots that just rubber stamp any plan without looking at them, or
2. The neighbor submitted a plan that didn't have the trees on it and planted them because they're dicks or just oblivious, and the HOA wouldn't ever know because they're in the back yard and they don't come out and check to make sure the work matches the plan.

I will 100% sue the poo poo out of anybody and everybody though because poo poo like this is the only real legitimate purpose of an HOA and they failed miserably.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

T-Square posted:

Guess who pulled a stainless pan out of a 450F oven on Sunday night, and then promptly grabbed it again without an oven mitt? :downs:

At least I got good drugs and a day off work out of it.

I've done this at least once in the last year, though not bad enough to need drugs.

The worst similar thing I've ever done was after having smoked stuff half a dozen times on a big green egg I seared a steak on it for the first time.

Turns out when you're smoking stuff at 225 the top vent stays real cool and you can adjust it with your fingers, but when you're trying to turn the fire box into lava to sear steaks and grab the cast iron top vent without thinking about it you end up leaving your finger prints melted to the cast iron.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

MrOnBicycle posted:

That too. The last thing the protesters need to be honest.

What about the GS-F? Newer, great sound, different styling (I like it), even more reliable than the IS-F. Etc.

I looked at a 10th anniversary RC-F and goddamn that thing was cool. 85 fuckin grand, but v cool.