Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Can anyone recommend a good computer chair? preferably a comfortable one that doesn't make my legs fall asleep?

IKEA. STR and I have the same one. Here's an updated version, it's super comfy

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/90289172/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Hey guys, check out this thing I'm doing

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3892694

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
My sister lives in Portland, as does one of my oldest friends. I lived in Salem for a few months a billion years ago. I need to find time to visit there again.

Anyways, my water well thing works.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92XbXPeGYP0

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Bernie and Warren need to run together.

Or Tulsi, because she's hot.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
One of our neighbors got a new dog. They've just tied him up in the yard and he's been barking for 2 hours. I want to go steal him and set their house on fire.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I can see dishes on the deck.

The police give no fucks about the noise ordinance, we've had people lighting fireworks at midnight for a month.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yo I hate my dad because he is in really good health but he's morbid as poo poo and wants to talk about what to do after he dies all the goddamn time! We already have a will and documents for all his poo poo! drat it Dad, let's just eat pizza and talk about trains!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

KakerMix posted:

Maybe you shouldn't be so selfish

It's ALL he ever talks about! We have everything locked in and sorted out, he's had this poo poo planned for like 10 years! I don't wanna talk about death every time I see him! It's morbid as poo poo! I just want to hang out with my dad and work on his cool toys but he just wants to talk about poo poo we've talked about 87 times already!

Look at this cool rear end poo poo! I just want to go ride on train tracks with him but he's all "ho ho ho I could have a stroke at any moment"

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That explains a lot.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
"I need more internet points, better set my only form of transportation on fire."

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I think by now we all realize that we hosed up by enabling him. But he was actually homeless and we wanted to help him to not die, it just went too far.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
One of my coworkers friended me on facebook and he's doing duck lips in all his photos and he's like 50 and a Republican so I'm confused.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
We're not even friendly at work so I don't know what the gently caress. He's just a dude I nod at. But here we are, duck lips.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

meatpimp posted:

And you'll never look at him the same again.

I want to print out the best one and tape it to his locker.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

meatpimp posted:

You misspelled print it out on a set of t-shirts and have everyone in the office wear them?

This is why they pay you the big bucks.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Sorry about your friend man.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I feel kind of lovely since my problems are pretty minor compared to some of the poo poo you guys are going through.

Went to the campus clinic today, my right arm has been in pain for a while now but I've been treating it with naproxen painkillers and ice packs since I figured it was just tennis elbow. Doc on duty thinks I may have actually damaged the tendons in my arm so I have to take it really easy when I'm not at work. My yard project is going to slow the hell down since I can't really do much without my right arm. So that sucks.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Congrats to CT! Now maybe you won't be so cranky!

Ha! Who am I kidding!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Thirding, I played it on repeat during a cross country road trip. Good stuff.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I got a really excellent new compression sleeve and my elbow pain is like half what it was yesterday. I was able to rake today!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

tetrapyloctomy posted:

What'd you get? My right elbow has been hosed up for a while (only a few months after I managed to fix the contralateral epidodylitis from carrying my then-infant son around) and I think a compression sleeve might be helpful.

They gave it to me at the clinic on campus, I believe it's ACE Bandage brand but they had me try 6 or 7 and I didn't get a good look at the package. It has to compression pads stitched inside and a large strap for adjustment.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Lol DAD INTERCEPTOR

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I love music.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
State Farm fuckin blows.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So the Greenland narrative as I have witnessed so far

Trump says he'd like to buy it.
His bas loves the idea. Resources! Land!
Danish PM says "lol get hosed"
Trumps base calls Denmark a bunch of names.
Trumps base says we should just take it by force.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

I mean, yeah it's obviously more diversionary bullshit but I'm shocked how fast the Trumpers jumped to "let's invade sovereign territory."

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
You're the best of us here in AI dude, you've been through hell several times now and we just wanted to show you we cared.

Lots of other guys wanted to contribute but there's a lot of financial hiccups going on so I didn't want to try and guilt people.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
My wife's XD has been super reliable minus a rear spring getting loose. It's probably the most reliable car we've owned over our 11 years together and pretty much the reason I'm looking at Toyotas exclusively for my next car.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Yeah if it wasn't for the new Corolla MT being so gutless I might be considering one instead of a Civic when I go new. Really happy with the xB for an economy car, and my wife's LS for the luxury cruiser.

I'm getting my ducks in a row for the next fun car but honestly, I think I'll end up in a Camry just for the sake of my sanity.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

If you get the V6 I'm sure it will be plenty fun, faster than your Miata and maybe even the MS6 :v:

Also those red leather seats :swoon:

I know right, 300+ hp in a family sedan.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Can I just say that Toyota can eat me for their trucks having such solid resale value? This is getting annoying.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

T-Square posted:

Same. My brain is broken and for some reason I really like the FJ Cruiser still, but they're still god-awful expensive for what they are in my opinion. Doesn't help that they aren't produced anymore.

You can find 2007s for under $9K all day but they have like 200K on the clock. I want a Tacoma but they hold their value too well. I am gonna check out a Tundra later today.

As cool as this is I'm eyeballing 2010s right now.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
There's a blue 2010 XLE v6 for $8K with 140K and full maintenance for sale locally. Camrys seem to be really goddamned cheap. As much as I love my MS6 it has a new problem every time I drive it. I'm going to get two more things fixed and put it up for sale.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Well I agree but with Toyota's trucks they tend to retain far more value than similar trucks of the same years.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Elmnt80 posted:

Its the toyota tax plus trucks and SUVs holding value stupidly well anymore. The only exception seems to be the sequoia for whatever reason.

It's frustrating. I'm looking at some very affordable Camrys for which I will pay cash and the wife wants to possibly finance a newer Tacoma. I'd be okay with 10 years old on either and buying outright at the same time.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Get a Camry for driving around town, then find yourself a cheap Ranger/B2000 for working around the house and doing truck stuff.

If you are used to driving a car for a daily, you're going to regret making payments on a DD Tacoma that drives like a truck does (lovely).

She wants the truck more than me, I would much rather grab up an older one but she's hot for tech packages. We're hashing it out. Ideally we'll spend under $10K on both combined. I have eyes on new "fun" cars to replace the MS6 and Miata but that can wait.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Don't tempt me.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
We had our annual health screenings today and I got a satisfactory initial result on 4 of the 5 tests. Just gotta wait for my blood work to come back and I'm healthy for another year.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Got some seat time in a Focus RS today thanks to Huge Midget. I could very easily kill myself with that car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
There's a Spec V Sentra rolling around here and the owner plasti-dipped his sidewalls bright green. I saw him earlier but I couldn't catch a light to do a u-turn in time to get photos. It's a pretty odd look.