Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
Spending a few days along the coast in northern Michigan and I have never seen so many American cars/Corvettes in my life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Modus Man posted:

Did you find anything interesting to rent out this way? I remember you asking, but Turo around here is pretty lame and I didn’t know of any other similar services. Were you on the western coast? Traverse city area is beautiful and has some hill-side twisties that are kind of fun for driving and have amazing views of the vineyards and Lake Michigan. American cars everywhere is kind of the Michigan thing, too. Don’t usually see anything else unless you’re in Ann Arbor where for some reason everything turns into Honda’s and Porsche’s. Did you get to see any of the C8’s, widebody Chargers or GT500’s driving around? I’ve been seeing them around quite a bit lately.

Yup, still here on the northern/western coast. Didn't end up getting anything fun on Turo this time, just a regular rental. I've been looking for the C8 driving around but haven't spotted anything beyond a ton of C7s.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
Even though I've been to the airport countless times, I'd never actually been to Detroit until today. When Grand tour did that Detroit episode earlier this year, I wondered how they managed to shut down such a long stretch of road in major city. It's probably not a surprise to anyone, but, uh, I figured it out.

For those of you that know Detroit, is it really rebuilding?

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

fknlo posted:

Yeah, the person that bought the blinged out truck is the absolute most likely to use 87 in it because they need to save the money.

You can afford $600 a month, can't you?

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

KillHour posted:

I know this is probably against the popular opinion, but the one claim I had with Geico went super smooth and the shop they recommended did a great job.

Yeah I'm worried about having to do a "real" claim with them, but the time I hit a giant pothole at 10pm on the highway and blew apart my rim went pretty well.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

LloydDobler posted:

Hate to say it but one of the best things about getting divorced was no longer dealing with a clutterbug. My place gets dusty before it gets cluttered.

Every day since we got married is one where we end up with another decorative throw pillow/kitchen tchotchke. At least she has the good taste to avoid anything that says "gather" in cursive. :negative:

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

I don't know what offends me more: this or that e46.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
We have a Bosch and love it. I can't tell if it's on or off.