Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Powershift posted:

I'm going to make my own chair out of a cooled S-class or 7 series seat at some point because all computer chairs suck.

I bought a Steelcase Leap years and years ago and it's been fantastic. Now I know you are an ubermensch but cheap computer chairs suck. Nice computer chairs cost 1000 dollars for a reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

LOL no computer chair is worth a grand. Not unless it gives you a back rub and a cock massage

What's that saying, something like never compromise on anything that's between you and the ground?

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
check out this sweet TV I bought

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Soarer!

*edit: just noticing how very closely the layout of the centre console matches the mk3 Supra...

I mean it kind of IS a serious boy's version of a mk3 Supra, down to the 7M-GTE :smuggo:

Suburban Dad posted:

That dash is a celebration of plastic, holy poo poo.

This is a safe space to bitch and moan to your fellow dudes. :glomp:

Yeah but it's 80s luxury soft felt covered plastic.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Kazinsal posted:

Yeah, I want to know what the difference is on a $25k truck, not the $70k version. No one who buys a $70k blinged out extra boost F-150 is going to consider using 87 in it.

To join in the rest of the class:

lololololol

Wealth projectors like Raptors are enjoyed for what they are very minimally, most people just want to be seen in them. That's why you have everyone laughing, because the most clueless and cheapest of people are the ones that buy something awesome like a Raptor, then put 87 Octane in it and replace 1 tire at all time.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
One time I imported a 1990 Toyota LiteAce van, GXL 4WD with a 5 speed manual transmission from Japan. Being as we were the original importers you sometimes get an idea of who or what the history of the vehicle was. This time we did not, it was just clean and well-maintained. Chassis ID YM40-0012406. I keep detailed records, you see.

Sold it to a guy on the other side of the state who then sold it to someone else. The original person I sold it to I'm buddies with and we talk regularly. Today my sold-to buddy sends me this going "lol":

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1990-Toyot...UwAAOSwxSxdP1PA

eBay Ad posted:

1990 Toyota Van "Lite Ace"
Japanese Import VIN # is YM400012406
A flash to the past and all original for sale is a very nice 1990 Toyota Van Camper Lite Ace featuring the original 4 cylinder Toyota 3YU 4 cylinder engine with low 117,380 original miles. The combination of 5 speed manual tranny and low/high 4WD option makes this a great on and off-road machine. Definitely one of the highlights of this machine is the "SkyLite Roof". Original Toyota factory paint which still holds a strong shine! Recent oil/filter change and uses full synthetic oil. This van does not burn oil and it doesn't have any leaks. 27 x 8.50 x R14LT General Grabber tires A/T x 4 all with less than 2K miles on them.

Always adult owned and near professionally maintained since it was previously owned by a Toyota mechanic overseas in Japan. She purrs like a kitten at start up and shifts effortlessly through all gears including reverse. 4WD has manual front locking hubs that work/slide in and out perfectly! All the electrics work perfectly and the original radio/cassette player still plays great! Front and rear AC-Heat work great! All glass is in mint condition with no cracks or blemishes. Interior is in immaculate condition and exterior is very clean-original, no body rust and always kept in a climate controlled garage. Rear bench seat swivel 90 and 180 degrees so you can configure to your needs. Jump seats in the very back drop down and as well as the side jump seat near the cargo door. All interior lights work great! FYI, I just had the van detailed so I took off the windshield wipers and rear back up mirror but I do have to offer. One of the coolest interior configurations I've ever seen for a Toyota Van. Clean clear NC title in hand and ready to be transferred.

Note: Please no international bidding. US funds only, cash, bank wire transfer, or certified cashiers check. Like any vintage vehicle, this will be sold as is, no warranty expressed or implied. Bid with confidence, this is a really nice machine and I would very much like to find it a good home! Thank you for your interest and happy bidding!
On Aug-01-19 at 16:27:04 PDT, seller added the following information:
For more info or questions feel free to call/text Mike 910 547 5910

"Always adult owned and near professionally maintained since it was previously owned by a Toyota mechanic overseas in Japan."
:thunk:

Gosh I don't remember that part of this van's history at all, and I was the importer. So I contact the guy:

:argh:

Mike is a straight-up liar.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

shy boy from chess club posted:

Haha what a fuckin dipshit, is he a used car salesman or something? (No offense, I mean that kind of used car salesman)

The auction shows it has 2 bids, both accounts with 1 single bid (the LiteAce) and no feedback so probably fake. Seems like just a typical salesman-type burning goodwill he doesn't have to make a buck. It's the transparency of the lies that bother me, go with old lady in Tokyo or some poo poo instead not a Toyota mechanic like why the gently caress.

The import scene in the USA is still super small compared to used cars in general. It's very easy to track this sort of stuff which makes it all the more lol. Especially trying to rig up a reputation on eBay of all places.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Rhyno posted:

I can see dishes on the deck.

The police give no fucks about the noise ordinance, we've had people lighting fireworks at midnight for a month.

Indiana is for lovers

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
I know I'm in a more unique situation but Costco batteries are super great ESPECIALLY since if you are an executive member batteries themselves count. When I need two at a time regularly that poo poo adds up.

EDIT

Who wants to go to SPACE

KakerMix fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Aug 7, 2019

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Rhyno posted:

Yo I hate my dad because he is in really good health but he's morbid as poo poo and wants to talk about what to do after he dies all the goddamn time! We already have a will and documents for all his poo poo! drat it Dad, let's just eat pizza and talk about trains!

Maybe you shouldn't be so selfish

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

everdave posted:

Guess who just bought a diesel RV in Japan? This guy

That the 2.4 or the 2.8 engine?

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Suspect Bucket posted:

WHAAAAAAAAAAAT? Is it a Kcar camper? My other automotive love besides RVs

You'll probably love everdave and I's adventures in the JDM thread then

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3829078

This thing is filthy but I finally scored one

KakerMix fucked around with this message at 09:26 on Aug 14, 2019

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

piss boner posted:

Only in Louisiana have I seen people turn on their hazards and driving either: slow because it is raining hard *or* fast because they are having some sort emergency (?).

I've seen people do this in Florida too but then Florida has those giant light up signs above our highways (usually telling you about a 'Silver Alert') that tell you to NOT drive around with your hazards on and instead just slow down, have your headlights on, and use your wipers.

I think people do it because they want you to be able to see them in heavy rain? Maybe?

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
As I mentioned Florida discourages the hazards-on-in-the-rain thing.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
Music of today is better than yesterday, and tomorrow will be better than today.

It always gets better :eng101:

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Applebees Appetizer posted:

It's just a term that means rock is no longer a part of the mainstream dude, in that case it's true. And yes the mainstream is poo poo.

Just imagine if all the cool cars dominated the market and boring appliances were in the minority.....That's how it was with rock in the late 60's going all the way into the 90's. Being born in '71 I got to grow up with all the cool music and see the rock genre grow into the monster it was in the 90's. I went to so many shows I couldn't begin to count, it was a great time to be a music fan. It's just kind of sad now how computers and autotune programs are making all the popular music now days, it's all poo poo.

Yeah but like, who cares about how popular it gets? There is more incredible rock music being made today by more talented people than ever before. Making music is easier than ever and that owns.

Sorta like how I bet there are more actual practicing blacksmiths today than have ever before.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
Me leading off the line in my 100hp diesel Land Cruiser on the daily, constantly, forever.

I really do not see the slow car bad thing when I'm constantly having to pass cars with triple or quadruple the power. People still drive as fast/slow as they ever did it as far as I can tell, even if everyone is packing power.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

cakesmith handyman posted:

How much does that weigh, because I think you are going to win the lowest hp/kg around here, I can only do 60hp/850kg

1899 kgs or about 4187 lbs, with 96 hp.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

:toot:
Those Pitwork belts are for a Land Cruiser, but otherwise all this stuff is in stock and available for purchase for a very limited run of a weird Suzuki van in the early 90s

I am floored they had the original decal packages.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

therobit posted:

Do you have a thread somewhere on importing Japanese vehicles? I had never even considered the possibility of importing a firetruck and now I feel like I have to have one.

All everdave and I do these days is import JDM

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3829078&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

We're getting old right before our very eyes. Someday soon BaT is going to sell a mint-condition yellow H2 for 35,000