Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Modus Man
Jun 8, 2004

Soiled Meat

Residency Evil posted:

Spending a few days along the coast in northern Michigan and I have never seen so many American cars/Corvettes in my life.

Did you find anything interesting to rent out this way? I remember you asking, but Turo around here is pretty lame and I didn’t know of any other similar services. Were you on the western coast? Traverse city area is beautiful and has some hill-side twisties that are kind of fun for driving and have amazing views of the vineyards and Lake Michigan. American cars everywhere is kind of the Michigan thing, too. Don’t usually see anything else unless you’re in Ann Arbor where for some reason everything turns into Honda’s and Porsche’s. Did you get to see any of the C8’s, widebody Chargers or GT500’s driving around? I’ve been seeing them around quite a bit lately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Modus Man
Jun 8, 2004

Soiled Meat

cakesmith handyman posted:

That's nice to hear, may the good news continue.

Rearranged the living room, I just want to open every drawer and tip them all into a bucket and throw all this poo poo away, my wife is terrible for keeping rubbish. Every flat surface on bookshelves and the tops of things? Covered in something. I started and discovered 14 magazines we've had delivered and not read, cancelled that poo poo right away. They're the freebies with the camping club membership but if we not reading them why are we having them delivered? A bin full of receipts for everyday shopping, no end of brochures and leaflets for past holidays etc. Big bin's full, going to keep the momentum and carry on tomorrow.

My man, you are describing my house but then throw in 5 and 6 year old girls who have more toys than a daycare center and imagine the chaos. We had a garage sale and made $500 selling old stuff and old toys for less than a dollar an item and then I took 2 full Suburbans full of decent stuff to the Salvation Army, and then threw out the rest which took two weeks of large bags at the end of the driveway. It’s about 25% better looking here after all that.

Modus Man fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Aug 21, 2019

Modus Man
Jun 8, 2004

Soiled Meat
I told my wife she can decorate however she wants as long as there are no “words on walls”. We have one sign by the entrance that has our last name and was a home made wedding gift. I just remembered the “drop pants here” sign in the laundry room. Oh and I just remembered the “good moms have messy kitchens” sign in the kitchen. I think I lost.

Modus Man
Jun 8, 2004

Soiled Meat

bolind posted:

Deep down I know (insert giving up science emoji here, can't loving find it.)

So gently caress the todolist, here's the pic:

On the left, kinda where all that junk is, is where the garage will hopefully be built. Aiming for just under 7x7 meters.

Your house looks really nice! Is 7x7 a standard garage size there? I’d be doing everything I could to try to add another meter or two to one side, but... I’m a fat American with 2 full size SUV’s and we store a lot of stuff in the garage.

Modus Man
Jun 8, 2004

Soiled Meat

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

drat, that's awful. Sorry about losing your badass relative man :(

What is everyone using to search for used cars these days? I'm on the market and haven't bought in years; feel like I'm probably missing out by only using craigslist and autotrader.

I have had the cars.com app on my phone and it lets me live out my car shopping fantasies. It seems to have pretty solid search function and you can save cars to your favorites and it will notify you of price decreases. They need to expand that feature though to include price history because some shady sellers will bump the price and then decrease it back to the old price or even a little higher to game the notification system.

Modus Man
Jun 8, 2004

Soiled Meat
Damnit I just looked to see when the next season of Patriot is dropping on Prime and discovered they loving cancelled it! What the gently caress that show was amazing! I’d cancel Prime to show them how I feel but i use it all the time so I can’t :effort:

At least they picked up The Expanse...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Modus Man
Jun 8, 2004

Soiled Meat

MrOnBicycle posted:

What about the GS-F? Newer, great sound, different styling (I like it), even more reliable than the IS-F. Etc.

I wont pretend to know rhyno’s financial situation, but the GS-F is much more expensive than the IS-F. It might be better in every way and a lot newer to boot, but that’s why it’s still a much more expensive vehicle.

However, may I interest anyone in the idea of a 2013+ IS350 or GS350 with a supercharger, putting about 450 to the wheels? Yeah, now we’re talking, a Lotus Evora GT powerplant in your low key family sedan.