Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

ExplodingSims posted:

Well this got lost in the depression shuffle of the last thread,
But I'm super loving happy about it so uts getting reposted

Dude congrats. For real. Glad you're in a good place.

In other other news, the thread title is appropriate for what I've got going on atm. Last Thursday I contacted a recommended contractor for quotes to build on some (completely self supported) lean-tos to my shop. I heard from him this Wednesday and clarified what I wanted, sent drawings and site pictures.

Yesterday he called me mid-day and asked "how soon did you want to start this?"

:stonk: :stonk: :stonk:

30x24 is done except for trim, 40x12 is up next.
e: spelling

angryrobots fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Aug 3, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Friend of ours traded in on a new Honda, minus what she still owed on the loan on the previous car. Couple weeks letter they start getting letters in the mail, cause the dealer never transferred the tags or paid off the former loan.

The car had been re-sold at this point too. :v:

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

So as well as getting married, I seem to have accquired a step-daughter.

Ummmm... okay I have zero experience with any children what now? How easy is it to teach them how to drive?

Seriously tho, one of the best parts of yesterday was having 20 mins with her alone before the wedding just talking.

That's a very weird situation for her. Follow her mom's lead on parenting.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

My house looks like an episode of Oddities

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Powershift posted:

Yeah, i have had dishydrotic eczema for years, normally stress induced, but it's usually limited to my hands. I'm not having a flare up there right now, but if i sweat too badly and don't wash it off quickly, my forehead, arm pits and nether regions get crazy inflamed and my eyes start swelling shut. It's not the blisters i get with eczema. I was using beta-methasone for the eczema for a while but it thinned the skin to the point where a second flare-up under the first left me with permanent scaring.

I'm definitely allergic to nickel and it's possible it being excreted through sweat and causing the issues, but my immune system is so completely hosed at this point it could also be like 100 other things. I've tried eliminating it from my diet, but i've basically lived on cheese and oranges for the last month and i'm still completely hosed.

I also have the dishydrotic eczema on my hands, which is pretty rough when you wear rubber gloves for work outside in the American South.

FWIW, my flare ups were greatly minimized when I was put on thyroid replacement hormone. Per my understanding, my thyroid hormone levels weren't abnormal but my pituitary was pumping out TSH like crazy to make it keep up, which in turn can cause a lot of other metabolic issues.

For small flare ups the best thing I've found is lotion with colloidal oatmeal. Tried several steroid creams that didn't do squat.

angryrobots fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Aug 26, 2019

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Jebus gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

*knock on wood* my appliances are a complete mix and match (Whirlpool fridge, Samsung stove, GE dishwasher, LG washer/dryer, GE heat pump water heater) and all but the fridge are 5-10 years old and I've had basically no issues*. So my anecdotal advice is to just shotgun diversify your purchases and call it good

*One of the convection fan motors failed on the Samsung but was available on Prime. The LG front loader has a tiny leak from the door but not enough to warrant repair, I just keep a small absorbent pad in the spot it drips)