Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

N/t

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

that one nokia phone was good but that was because it could shoot in raw & was basically a nikon phone

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Aziz of Arabia
Jul 19, 2019

by R. Guyovich
Shout out to the Nokia 620 my rents got me when I was in college because they're cheap as heck

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

ypiapos

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
you wouldn’t put windows on a phone

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

:rip: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4485197/windows-10-mobile-end-of-support-faq

I think it's actually pretty commendable that they admit defeat and focus on making apps for platforms people use instead of keeping their zombie phone on life support for another decade

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

r u ready to WALK posted:

I think it's actually pretty commendable that they admit defeat and focus on making apps for platforms people use instead of keeping their zombie phone on life support for another decade

People are still trying to make Linux phones a thing at this very minute

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.

ass
Sep 22, 2011
Young Orc
https://i.imgur.com/Xqtlde6.gifv

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

Aziz of Arabia posted:

Shout out to the Nokia 620 my rents got me when I was in college because they're cheap as heck

rent seeking is abhorrent op

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Not even shaggar would make this thread lmao

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
mango

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
windows phone is real good but rip

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
I just finished writing an application to be deployed on Windows Embedded 6.5 devices, and I'm glad that platform is dead.

Somehow they're still peddling these devices for $1200 a unit. Enterprise.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
symbol?

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james

Intermec

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007
intel gave up/failed on mobile, rendering continuum completely useless which was the only hail mary they had left in their playbook.

they’re still going to try something when they forget about it all in five years. probably something boring with android and ms launcher/chredge/bing partnered with a very desperate htc or whoever happens has the least dignity at the time.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

lol

Chopstick Dystopia
Jun 16, 2010

lowest high and highest low loser of: WEED WEE
k
good phone UI but, uh, it didn't have any apps so I can't agree OP

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007
my mom actually really liked her $70 lumia with $200 hardware, what with the deep discounts and all. it did spotify and uber fine. until it didn’t.

now she’s got a note 8 that “ain’t charging quite right”. lol

e: it’s insured and on my plan but she’s too stingy to pay $50 on the claim on her thousand dollar phone.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
same, except a lumia 800. now she has a iphone 5 that she broke after a week and doesn't get a signal in her apartment

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007

infernal machines posted:

same, except a lumia 800. now she has a iphone 5 that she broke after a week and doesn't get a signal in her apartment
that sucks too, because i think that’s the last model that won’t to wifi calling. i had to enable it on my x in my new place, since it by all accounts it should be in the ocean, instead of a dredged up neighborhood that is both an affront to god and will be the first to sink once climate change really gets going, so i get one bar.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

i got an email from her not five minutes after my last post saying it is now showing "invalid sim"

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007

infernal machines posted:

i got an email from her not five minutes after my last post saying it is now showing "invalid sim"
gently caress, dude. i had a broken 5 that was like nearly completely physically destroyed, had to use the soft-home button and everything and it still functioned. i guess it was basically had a functioning radio and 3/4 of a screen.

be a good son and find her a refurb SE for next to nothing.

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe

Shaggar posted:

Captain Pike
Jul 29, 2003

windows phone was especially good for oldes.

everything was big and readable and touchable to shaky hands and the Nokias were easy to hold without dropping.

:smith:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Captain Pike posted:

windows phone was especially good for oldes.

everything was big and readable and touchable to shaky hands and the Nokias were easy to hold without dropping.

:smith:

yeah. legit the only issue my mom ever had with the lumia was that her skin doesn't work well with the capacitive screen they use. iphone is fine, but like 1/3rd of her interactions with the lumia just wouldn't even register. always worked fine for me though

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

you can make the fonts huge on the iphone but poo poo looks broken af

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
ios is a dumpster fire of antiquated design

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Shaggar posted:

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

windows phone could have been great, way better basic UI than android or iphone. RIP

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

oh well

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
Windows Phones were never good and the UI was always atrocious. Please don't start ahistorical revisionism.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Shaggar posted:

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

now that winpho i dead ios should copy it and pretend it was their idea.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
apple doesn't have anyone that smart and they're all brain damaged from having the hack jony ives at the helm

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

Shaggar posted:

lol at least palmos lives on in tvs

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
cool to see people real happy that only bad phone oses are left

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pram
Jun 10, 2001
dont worry it lives on in spirit in the windows 10 start menu and second control panel and other dumb, worthless bullshit