Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

DLC Inc posted:

Liontamer is still my fave. Not the lovely Walls of Jericho crab but the elevated crab with the knee to the neck owns.

Yeah I feel like too many submissions are these elaborate total body things but the liontamer gets a pass for at least looking sick. Its def up there for the top bending the dude backwards subs. Second only to the cloverleaf.

I think my favorite sub is Rings of Saturn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
It's the Overdrive

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
hot take alert: the figure four and sharpshooter are bad submissions

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

Mel Mudkiper posted:

take take alert: the figure four and sharpshooter are bad submissions

The sharpshooter ruled because you could just sit on your buddy's lower back and really gently caress them up with pain when the backyarding eventually turned into a shoot

My favorite part of a figure four is REVERSING THE PRESSURE

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Mel Mudkiper posted:

hot take alert: the figure four and sharpshooter are bad submissions

Correct.

Leg trap ankle lock is the way.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

beggar posted:

The sharpshooter ruled because you could just sit on your buddy's lower back and really gently caress them up with pain when the backyarding eventually turned into a shoot

My favorite part of a figure four is REVERSING THE PRESSURE

see, thats my exact problem

doing the figure four or sharpshooter in the backyard proved its impossible to do that move to a resisting opponent

At least the cloverleaf lets you pull the guy up and over rather than trying to spin him around with his legs grapevined around your base

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Puckish Rogue posted:

Correct.

Leg trap ankle lock is the way.

one of the craziest things I found out from BJJ is that the Ankle Lock is actually a Toe Lock and that Toe Locks attack the ankle and ankle locks attack the Toes

Really I wish more submissions were leg lock or arm lock based. Too many target the back

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Al Snow was a jobber and a half but the Snow Plow was a good move imho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFgBrXER3e8

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Mel Mudkiper posted:

one of the craziest things I found out from BJJ is that the Ankle Lock is actually a Toe Lock and that Toe Locks attack the ankle and ankle locks attack the Toes

Really I wish more submissions were leg lock or arm lock based. Too many target the back

Rumina Sato flying Armbars. Flashy but deadly.

Give it to ummm...Jungle Boy.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_7EqkFH88U

ORIENTEERING WITH NAPALM DEATH

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Mel Mudkiper posted:

doing the figure four or sharpshooter in the backyard proved its impossible to do that move to a resisting opponent

At least the cloverleaf lets you pull the guy up and over rather than trying to spin him around with his legs grapevined around your base

That's because you didn't knock them out first with an inverted atomic drop, russian leg sweep, backbreaker, and second rope elbow drop you dummy.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
My Finisher for August is the Low Blow and Roll Up by Yano

lost my old email
Jun 20, 2019

Mel Mudkiper posted:

don't be jelly that you're not as good as bret dude it is an ugly look

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

KungFu Grip posted:

My Finisher for August is the European Clutch by ZSJ when he throws the double birds.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Filled out the survey. Remembered that Wasteland (Wade Barrett's first finisher) is my least favorite finisher ever.
They might as well have called it the drop-drop because it's like the 3rd most generic way to drop somebody and the dude knew it so it looked it he made sure to slam the guy hard. So it's a move that looked like poo poo but probably sucked to take - the worst kind of finisher.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

It's the Overdrive

:yeah:

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Al Snow was a jobber and a half but the Snow Plow was a good move imho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFgBrXER3e8

Al Snow was one of those guys in the 90s who looked way cooler than he was because he stole a much better Japanese Woman wrestler's finisher.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9FuzK82X_Q

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

I'll give someone a kiss for a ZSJ signature.

I don't have any sort of a PC anymore :(

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

ChrisBTY posted:

Filled out the survey. Remembered that Wasteland (Wade Barrett's first finisher) is my least favorite finisher ever.
They might as well have called it the drop-drop because it's like the 3rd most generic way to drop somebody and the dude knew it so it looked it he made sure to slam the guy hard. So it's a move that looked like poo poo but probably sucked to take - the worst kind of finisher.

Second hot take

The Wasteland was a great finisher

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Bullhammer was superior

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Agreed. https://youtu.be/1y6hmFJiAzw

I’m honestly surprised no one is using it on the current main roster yet or NXT

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

it could use a discus spin

just rust
Oct 23, 2012

I thought the Bullhammer had a Rainmaker set-up but maybe my mind was making it cooler than it was actually was.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

No one wants to kiss me :smith:

just rust
Oct 23, 2012

Bullhammer was cool just not like super cool. I'll give your lips a short and quick peck.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

No one wants to kiss me :smith:

I'm neither a graphic designer nor do I need a kiss, but I did make this v:shobon:v

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

what's everyone's favourite sick rear end finisher moment? i always find it hard to get away from the curb stomp rko https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_DI-TPLByk

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

That was so cool. Apparently Seth pitched it and Orton turned it down till he suddenly went,"gently caress it I'm tired of always playing it safe, let's do it!" and it came off absolutely perfectly.

Also an absolutely awesome finisher moment has to be Goldberg hitting the Jackhammer on The Giant:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pl-Sd8nw8c8&t=61s

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

Kenta Kobashi's Burning Hammer. Arguably the most protected Finisher of all time (when done by him) with a 100% success rate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuEoimAW604
I am old: I remember this forum discussing the Burning Hammer and how it's so legendary that wrestlers don't do it out of respect. Then like a week later Tyler Reks debuted it as a finisher lol

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

DLC Inc posted:

Liontamer is still my fave. Not the lovely Walls of Jericho crab but the elevated crab with the knee to the neck owns.

yes the liontamer is so much better than the boston crab. jericho is gonna be wrestling less 6'6" freaks now, just saying...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiZ0ZdQ8_eA
the best video of it is of him in lucha underground but... man i loving love jeff cobb's tour of the islands. its just... such a good big hoss move.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

No Irish Need Imply posted:

I am old: I remember this forum discussing the Burning Hammer and how it's so legendary that wrestlers don't do it out of respect. Then like a week later Tyler Reks debuted it as a finisher lol

If it isn't Kobashi doing it, it's not really a Burning Hammer :colbert:

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Imagine remembering Tyler Reks...

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

If it isn't Kobashi doing it, it's not really a Burning Hammer :colbert:

Indeed, it's a Inverted Death Valley Driver. Only KENTA can call it a Burning Hammer.

Wasn't Tyler Rex's more like Cena's Attitude Adjustment, anyway? I recall his opponents taking the bump on their stomachs? Surely WWE wouldn't let him of all people drop other wrestlers on their necks?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
I first saw the burning hammer on WWF Heat

It was the finisher of Mosh of the Headbangers

Seriously

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I remember when I first got into indy wrestling, I really liked IWA Mid South. One of the early IWAMS shows I saw had a random mid-card nothing match between Drake Younger (NXT referee Drake Wuertz) & CJ Otis. Otis, this absolute non-entity, did the Burning Hammer and I think it was the first time I ever saw it outside of a video game. I also have vague memories of Michael Elgin early in his career using it basically as a transition move. At least they weren't using the wrist-clutch variation.

Mid 2000s indy wrestling.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Procrastinator posted:

what's everyone's favourite sick rear end finisher moment? i always find it hard to get away from the curb stomp rko https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_DI-TPLByk

I put Twist of Fate as my favourite cutter, but this is the best individual cutter I have ever seen. The best bit is afterwards when Randall is absolutely losing his poo poo about pulling it off

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

remusclaw posted:

Al Snow was one of those guys in the 90s who looked way cooler than he was because he stole a much better Japanese Woman wrestler's finisher.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9FuzK82X_Q

Love the Northern Lights Bomb, it's sick.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Procrastinator posted:

gently caress this was so sick, Randy's reaction afterwards sells it even more, he's jacked up as hell about it. Wish we got this Orton more often. He's pretty much the brilliant but lazy student who isn't being challenged enough now.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

mfcrocker posted:

I put Twist of Fate as my favourite cutter, but this is the best individual cutter I have ever seen. The best bit is afterwards when Randall is absolutely losing his poo poo about pulling it off

there not being a spot to put this in the survey is why I asked :) I still picked the rko because Randy has done enough of them that stand out like this that I feel like it's just part of the move for him.

Sliding in to RKO Rey mysterio way back, getting Lesnar from off screen in 2016. The fact that "out of nowhere" is the rko gimmick puts it up for me. I also didnt watch the eternal Randy/Cena feuds so I'm not burnt on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

He marked out really hard when he hit Bourne with it as he was doing a shooting star press too. it was great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LCFU9QS8ek