Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I have answered the survey

Man the top finishers of all time are mostly lame in hindsight huh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Submissions are the best finishes but wrestling has very few good submissions

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

DLC Inc posted:

Liontamer is still my fave. Not the lovely Walls of Jericho crab but the elevated crab with the knee to the neck owns.

Yeah I feel like too many submissions are these elaborate total body things but the liontamer gets a pass for at least looking sick. Its def up there for the top bending the dude backwards subs. Second only to the cloverleaf.

I think my favorite sub is Rings of Saturn

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

hot take alert: the figure four and sharpshooter are bad submissions

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

beggar posted:

The sharpshooter ruled because you could just sit on your buddy's lower back and really gently caress them up with pain when the backyarding eventually turned into a shoot

My favorite part of a figure four is REVERSING THE PRESSURE

see, thats my exact problem

doing the figure four or sharpshooter in the backyard proved its impossible to do that move to a resisting opponent

At least the cloverleaf lets you pull the guy up and over rather than trying to spin him around with his legs grapevined around your base

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Puckish Rogue posted:

Correct.

Leg trap ankle lock is the way.

one of the craziest things I found out from BJJ is that the Ankle Lock is actually a Toe Lock and that Toe Locks attack the ankle and ankle locks attack the Toes

Really I wish more submissions were leg lock or arm lock based. Too many target the back

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

ChrisBTY posted:

Filled out the survey. Remembered that Wasteland (Wade Barrett's first finisher) is my least favorite finisher ever.
They might as well have called it the drop-drop because it's like the 3rd most generic way to drop somebody and the dude knew it so it looked it he made sure to slam the guy hard. So it's a move that looked like poo poo but probably sucked to take - the worst kind of finisher.

Second hot take

The Wasteland was a great finisher

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

NienNunb posted:

or as i like to call it, The Lariato~