Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGr_y8NxcAo

Super Dragon is very much a relic of the 2000s indy scene but his Curb Stomp is far cooler than anyone elses and the Psycho Driver is rad too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

No Irish Need Imply posted:

I am old: I remember this forum discussing the Burning Hammer and how it's so legendary that wrestlers don't do it out of respect. Then like a week later Tyler Reks debuted it as a finisher lol

I remember when I first got into indy wrestling, I really liked IWA Mid South. One of the early IWAMS shows I saw had a random mid-card nothing match between Drake Younger (NXT referee Drake Wuertz) & CJ Otis. Otis, this absolute non-entity, did the Burning Hammer and I think it was the first time I ever saw it outside of a video game. I also have vague memories of Michael Elgin early in his career using it basically as a transition move. At least they weren't using the wrist-clutch variation.

Mid 2000s indy wrestling.