Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Stripes sucks. Like bad. I tried to give it another chance a few months ago, and it was worse than I remember.
Sgt Bilko is decent, In The Army now is great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
As long as we all agree that Pentagon Wars is the best military movie ever made, I think we can all get along.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
You can take my body from my cold, dead hands!

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Three Kings.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Buffalo Soldiers :colbert:

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Handsome Ralph posted:

Buffalo Soldiers :colbert:
Too stupid and nihilistic.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Major Payne is clearly the best

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

I wish people had respect for me. :smith:

I did until your post about Stripes

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Y'all are dumb as hell. The best is Black Hawk Down. Or Lone Survivor.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Grandma got blown up by an Abrams
After dying in our house Christmas eve.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

A Bad Poster posted:

As long as we all agree that Pentagon Wars is the best military movie ever made, I think we can all get along.

I'm sure people could debate "best" til the end of time, but it's definitely the most accurate and realistic.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

Y'all are dumb as hell. The best is Black Hawk Down. Or Lone Survivor.

I thought we agreed it was Aliens

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Wingnut Ninja posted:

I'm sure people could debate "best" til the end of time, but it's definitely the most accurate and realistic.

Anything that shows hours of officers suffering poetic justice for trying to be nobles is tops in my book.

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

I think the correct answer is Das Boot.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Shaddak posted:

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

can we talk about how much I loving hate self labelled liberals that marry people with abhorrent racist views but they "don't talk politics at home" so they brag about how they voted for hillary while their dogshit husband jumps at the chance to join ICE to carry out his fuhrer's views on racial purity on the southern border

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Shaddak posted:

This is the correct answer.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

A Bad Poster posted:

Triple Frontier is the best military comedy made this century

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

I will never not love me some Prochnow.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Is good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIqXRDDdo7c

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Shaddak posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rC03c9rUzDs

Great Theme.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

It was kinda boring

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

can we talk about how much I loving hate self labelled liberals that marry people with abhorrent racist views but they "don't talk politics at home" so they brag about how they voted for hillary while their dogshit husband jumps at the chance to join ICE to carry out his fuhrer's views on racial purity on the southern border

"We cancel eachother out!"

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Deathy McDeath posted:

It was kinda boring

Just like the army

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

EBB posted:

Having read Stiff a few times and looked into the matter more since, you should never donate your body to science. Also if you do partial donation and still have open casket afterwards, a decent portion of your loved one is actually PVC pipes and stuffing. Cremation is pretty much "here's some ashes that may contain some of your loved one and whoever else got shoved in there to save time and money".

Please just leaver my body in the woods or a dumpster or something. At least then I'll be reasonably sure of its fate.

Burial at sea.

Hope you guys like seafood.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Shaddak posted:

The sense of purposelessness and futility is so overwhelming in Das Boot that it's hard to watch. This alone qualifies it for greatest war movie ever made.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

The sense of purposelessness and futility is so overwhelming in Das Boot that it's hard to watch. This alone qualifies it for greatest war movie ever made.

if "hard to watch" is a qualifier, try out Come and See

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yx4osljrMkA

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

At this point anyone willingly identifying as a liberal is a centrist who says the right progressive things (student debt! Medicare for all! Gay marriage!) but when push comes to shove they'll always fold every time or go on some rant about the poors or browns making the neighborhood less safe and driving down property values

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

It's really hard to talk to a potential partner about political views because of our innate sense of rejection, so people don't until they're already codependent, then avoid it because of fights. And most peoples understanding of their own political views is context less and feeling based, so good luck communicating about it, having meaningful discourse, and still being attracted to another person.

That means when conversations happen, they are biased towards agreement which slowly shifts the partners views towards one another. Then, as the topic is avoided but other influences persist they drift back or at least away from acceptance.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

Prochnow's face above as he watches the sub sink while dying says more than words ever could. The had a laugh about it in Beerfest: something like "No submarines! I had a bad experience once."

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Triple Frontier is the best military comedy made this century

Objectively correct, forgive me for forgetting it

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

Eej posted:

At this point anyone willingly identifying as a liberal is a centrist who says the right progressive things (student debt! Medicare for all! Gay marriage!) but when push comes to shove they'll always fold every time or go on some rant about the poors or browns making the neighborhood less safe and driving down property values

I've never known such a person irl.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

quote:

CBS News: Wave pool malfunction at China water park: Terrifying video shows water park launch tsunami-sized wave that injured 44 people.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/wave-pool-malfunction-china-water-park-video-wave-pool-tsunami-longjing-water-park-viral/?ftag=CNM-00-10aag7e

I read an article about this earlier today that said the operator was drunk and just turned poo poo up to 11. I see the story has changed since I read about it on the shitter this morning.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I read an article about this earlier today that said the operator was drunk and just turned poo poo up to 11. I see the story has changed since I read about it on the shitter this morning.

I'm sure the government is very firmly in the "drunk operator" lobby, and that's where the news organizations first got their information from.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

bird cooch posted:

I've never known such a person irl.

I'm betting neither have they.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/overdesigned/status/1157056231363751936?s=21

Nice try Davey Bobo, I will not click your article.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Best military movie:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GC2TzspJn5A

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I'm betting neither have they.

Really?

I'm probably cheating by living in San Francisco and being politically active.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

mlmp08 posted:

https://twitter.com/overdesigned/status/1157056231363751936?s=21

Nice try Davey Bobo, I will not click your article.

On the fourth season of 2016, we will learn whether Big Crystal Energy is enough to defeat Big Dick Energy.

:suicide: