Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

GoGoGadget posted:

Why are Texans seemingly looking to threaten storm chasers with their guns?

Cuz the gps vehicle had cameras on it? I dont know texans are barely people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Stravag posted:

Cuz the gps vehicle had cameras on it? I dont know texans are barely people

These are people who bought the JADE HELM OBUNGLER GONNA TAKE OUR GUNS poo poo hook line and sinker.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

And one of the guys im eating with already shot off a "probably an antifa false flag" thing jfc

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

GoGoGadget posted:

Texans are stupid.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

orange juche posted:

These are people who bought the JADE HELM OBUNGLER GONNA TAKE OUR GUNS poo poo hook line and sinker.

My dad was yelling a while ago how "Comrade Sanders is gonna suspend Habeus Corpus and take all of your money and put all white people in re-education camps", and wouldn't come off of it after I reminded him that Forced Gay FEMA Death Camp Marriages(tm) didn't happen under Obama and that the current Republican president has literally thrown people into camps including at least one US citizen.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

GoGoGadget posted:

Yeah this is like the third time I've seen someone say Texans hate stormchasers. Is there any real reason why or is it just "outsiders!"?

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

I think it was more outsiders because because they kept a hand on their gun when i said i was updating road info

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

They're a bunch of scared pussies who want to pretend to be cowboys in TYOOL 2019.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Handsome Ralph posted:

Yeah this is like the third time I've seen someone say Texans hate stormchasers. Is there any real reason why or is it just "outsiders!"?

The stormchasers cause tornadoes, didn't you know that?

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Casimir Radon posted:

They're a bunch of scared pussies who want to pretend to be cowboys in TYOOL 2019.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Suspect killed at Cinergy Theatre in Odessa, was white male in his mid 30s. Started as a traffic stop. 21 shot, 5 dead.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

The wisdom of the superchud: with the election coming up and trump going for reelection theres a mass shooting everyday. No way all of these are real.

:stare:

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007
Moving (back) to Texas has been the weirdest fuckin thing. I moved from Washington State, kind of out in the sticks. woods people and Texas boondocks people might as well be the same drat thing. Possibly methy, definitely got some pill issues, obviously alcoholics. To add to that Texas gun laws are more strict than Washington gun laws.

Like I know plenty of people who are pretty darn left and I got enough friends that won't shut up about Bernie Sanders that you would not expect from the drawl and the cowboy boots, and on the other hand I've got my neighbors who are transplants are hardcore Cruz-Trump people you are faking it so fuckin hard they're not confusing a drat person.

It's a wierd place

bird cooch fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Sep 1, 2019

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Really sketchy reports about potentially two active shooters near Odessa and Midland, Texas

https://twitter.com/CBS7News/status/1167912424814497798

Twitter is saying 10 people shot in one city, 20 in the other. These two places are 20 miles apart...

I just met a fella in the bar here the other night from Odessa, and I was telling him, "oh yeah there's lots of jobs in my field there and in Midland. I don't wanna move there, but hell, I will if the money is there." He was like, "no, never go, it super sucks."

I've still never been, but it checks out so far

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007
The patch is a hell hole. If you rolled into a trailer park and started paying everybody $100,000 plus a year, odessa-midland patch is what you would get.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
He was saying it's a bunch of chuds with way too much money, blackout drunk and wrecking their F-250s, and worse, wrecking the town for any decent person living there. Then boom goes bust overnight, they all get laid off and the town basically dies until the oil money comes back

Which is basically what I thought it would be, but that's not even accounting for the local culture of totally loving psycho gun violence.
I guess what I'm saying is don't mess with texas.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I encourage messing with Texas because TEXANS (emphasis for manly texas mens) will overreact like a bunch of 12 year olds and it just adds to the chaos.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Stravag posted:

And one of the guys im eating with already shot off a "probably an antifa false flag" thing jfc

I hope you're documenting all the poo poo these chuds say so you can forward it to their bosses and get them all fired for being chuds.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Ken Bone Comeback posted:

He was saying it's a bunch of chuds with way too much money, blackout drunk and wrecking their F-250s, and worse, wrecking the town for any decent person living there. Then boom goes bust overnight, they all get laid off and the town basically dies until the oil money comes back

Which is basically what I thought it would be, but that's not even accounting for the local culture of totally loving psycho gun violence.
I guess what I'm saying is don't mess with texas.

He's right. I was born there.

The state is packed to the gills with fake cowboys who've got a victim complex bigger than the state and are just itching to shoot someone. Toxic masculinity is the state mascot and West Texas is about as bad as you can get with it.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Chichevache posted:

I hope you're documenting all the poo poo these chuds say so you can forward it to their bosses and get them all fired for being chuds.

Hes just a dumb low level it guy its not like hes an active threat to every person in the country like some cop. Hes more likely to off himself because mexicans get out of camps. Get him fired and he would probably do it and i dont need that on my conscience

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

i still really like san antonio

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

San Antonio is probably the only non-terrible city in this state. Houston is borderline.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Proud Christian Mom posted:

San Antonio is probably the only non-terrible city in this state. Houston is borderline.

Thought austin was the good city?

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
I went to Austin, once. I'd stand in line at Franklin bbq again, but that downtown drinking zone was horrid

Edit: Some other bbq place that was run by an old black guy in a little bit more working class neighborhood literally out of the first floor of a run-down old house had the best pork ribs I've ever eaten anywhere ever but I can't remember the name

Edit 2: I'm looking at Yelp and it might be Sam's. It only has 3 and a half stars, so gently caress those hipsters writing the reviews: the ribs were straight up amazing

US Berder Patrol fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Sep 1, 2019

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

It's a cool place, but the drivers still haven't learned how to use on/off ramps. Also the road system is really straining with how fast SA is growing; I use to be able to leave for work @ 0630 and get there pretty early but now if I leave at the same time I'm gonna be cutting it close (and don't even get me started with loving BMT trainee families).

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDyzo58bg5E

They took out coffee from the MRE, and cocoa beverage powder is going away in 2020

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

orange juche posted:

They took out coffee from the MRE

how the gently caress is this legal who approved this i want heads rolling in Natick asap

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Pro tip: putting the coffee into a napkin and treating it like a dip does NOT work as intended, don’t ask me how or why I know this :downs:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

orange juche posted:

They took out coffee from the MRE, and cocoa beverage powder is going away in 2020

both of those are bullshit removals

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Ken Bone Comeback posted:

how the gently caress is this legal who approved this i want heads rolling in Natick asap

Literally the saddest MRE next to the Vomlette

E: not gonna lie i would probably eat the gently caress out of that beef goulash though. I'd be super sad about the lack of coffee tho.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Sep 1, 2019

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

orange juche posted:

Literally the saddest MRE next to the Vomlette

The veggie omelette was comical in its unabashed nastiness
Woe to any troop who draws that from the box

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Weren’t there other good better things in the bag? Some kind of redeeming factor? Skittles, HOO-AH bar, something?

:vomarine:

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
They basically had to. Just speaking for myself, if I drew that meal, I'd throw the omelette in the ratfuck box, eat the junk, and be hungry til the next day lol god drat that thing was gross

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

skittles iirc

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Icon Of Sin posted:

Weren’t there other good better things in the bag? Some kind of redeeming factor? Skittles, HOO-AH bar, something?

:vomarine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0ciBudwIV0&t=663s

See for yourself

E: Trigger warning, orange/yellow blob

orange juche fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Sep 1, 2019

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

gently caress you, I don’t want to remember

You can’t make me :gonk:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Icon Of Sin posted:

I mean if you didn't know about it, you tried it precisely once. After that it went in the ratfuck box. I'd say the blueberry granola side would be the main course and the vomlette would just be ignored.

E: Steve says the trick is add the salsa and about half the pack of salt and it becomes edible. The man has eaten 140 year old hard tack and 120 year old beef jerky, so edible may have a variable definition. Apparently we were just eating it wrong.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Sep 1, 2019

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Icon Of Sin posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

No spoilers on NWS content?

Mods?!?