Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp

SimonCat posted:

It's so petty.

I wonder if anyone in Gabbard's command flipped out when they saw she met with Assad a couple of years ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp
Ladies and gentlemen, the President of the United States:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1157259424794324992

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp

Sacrist65 posted:

-edit : I don't want to assume anything

I know what I'd say if my brother and sister in law were killed and somebody, anybody wanted a photo-op with his kid whom I am now responsible for

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp
https://twitter.com/MatthewKeysLive/status/1159586743793811456

This whole Twitter thread is pretty nuts, but the short version is the police detained and eventually released a 21y/o white male outside of a migrant center who was sporting a loaded weapon, brandishing a knife and wearing nitrile gloves for some reason. Holy poo poo

E: yeah, this guy is currently free to roam, lol

https://twitter.com/LaurenWhitticom/status/1159602243169128448

egyptian rat race fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Aug 9, 2019

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp
Making sure the poor and disenfranchised have cheap and reasonable access to guns seems like the most hilarious loving band-aid to stick on the problem of violence, rather than a solution. It's like thinking those suicide kits in Children of Men are a reasonable solution to depression

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp

Nick Soapdish posted:

Expropriate all church property and build small dwellings for the homeless

This was close to a decade ago, but one of the local churches in my hometown started housing homeless folks in their church building and was fined / eventually shut down by the city because of zoning or somesuch nonsense.

Don't get me wrong, if churches want to go the way of Liberty University and start hosting rallies/politicizing themselves then they should be taxed to hell and back. There are legitimately good religious organizations out there who leverage their tax advantage for good... They are just few and far between :(

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp

Probably my favorite Pixelated Boat tweet

https://twitter.com/pixelatedboat/status/865225312023400448

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp
Apparently the owner of Jimmy John's is a bit of an rear end in a top hat big game hunter. He's posted photos of his big cat / grizzly / elephant / rhino kills. Check out #BoycottJimmyJohns but I'll refrain from linking due to the amount of animal death. I don't know how rich you have to be to decide that one elephant kill wasn't enough. African hunts seemed really cool when I was a kid, now it just makes me feel sick. Not my go-to sandwich place, but I'm avoiding it now.

Search the tag on twitter. I really do want everyone to see the photo of a rich, naked fat man on top of a shark he has killed, so that you will suffer as I have suffered.

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp

BigDave posted:

...why is he naked with that shark?

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp

FAUXTON posted:

It should also be noted that models have fairly good agreement on landfall being south of maralago, which puts it on the mean side of the storm.

The rational side of me says even if it gets flattened, Cheeto Benito will get an insurance payout for 2-3x the actual value of the property. If it's not insured due to being built on sand at sea level or whatever, his tax alchemists will stitch a fat business loss onto 2019. Or both.

I refuse to believe he loves a physical person or object anywhere near as much as himself

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp
Every Friday the Wall Street Journal has their "Mansion" section. The June 25th edition had a coastline erosion story about the ultra-rich paying millions to move their houses around in order to avoid receding sands. I can't find a way around their lovely paywall on mobile anymore but some couple paid $1.8mil to move their 10,000sqft Nantucket mansion further up the dunes.

The Mansion section is loving hilarious most weeks, and highly recommended if you're in a mood to laugh at extremely first-world problems. Hate your spouse? Build two executive chef kitchens in your New York home so you don't have to run into them. Better yet, build separate apartments under the same roof for the ultimate marriage of convenience. They also had a kids' room remodel that suggested 4-figure pieces of furniture for a loving 9-yr old. Love your kids, but $30,000 for a bedroom would make pottery barn blush.

I love it and hate it.

E: also an entire article dedicated to the couple having second thoughts about buying a vineyard in Italy. Turns out running a working winery is hard work :shrug:

egyptian rat race fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Aug 30, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp

That whole saga is fuckin' hilarious. The editors searched "Jews as bedbugs" to source his quote lmao

https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1167586059120758784

The NYT is now a platform for the most pathetic case of butthurt in tyool 2019

egyptian rat race fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Aug 31, 2019