Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rifles
Oct 8, 2007
is this thing working

Casimir Radon posted:

Why? It's not like being a cop who doesn't actually want to live in the community. Sometimes a drill location across state lines is a fuckload closer than the nearest one in your own state. You don't get travel pay for drill anyway so it's on you.

I've even heard of seniorish officers taking commands in far-off states and flying to and from for every drill, and quite a lot about pilot warrants doing the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rifles
Oct 8, 2007
is this thing working
The Oregon District where that shooting happened is absolutely covered in police on a weekend night. Every street corner has a cruiser with two officers minimum. To see the amount of people injured and killed in what apparently only lasted one-minute is horrifying.

My buddy and his wife were lucky that they stayed local for her birthday last night, and frankly I am too because I would have been right there with them.

rifles fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Aug 4, 2019