Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Would it be possible to table a motion to move gun control chat to the other thread? Because holy poo poo it’s not value added to one of our best threads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

That was an emotional read. Glad they got closure, it’s a shame his wife never got to see him returned.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

That’s not real, right?

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

Yeah the Simpsons is truly the greatest show that just wouldn't die. There is no denying the cultural influences it had on an entire generation but I don't know anyone who has watched an episode in the last 20 years.

I watch every new episode when it airs. :shobon:

I’ve been watching for 30 years.

This Epstein stuff is loving... well Wasabi The J said it best.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
We’re all pretty familiar with PTSD at this point, I’d like to think. Sexual Abuse victims get completely hosed up in the head. PTSD is just a part of what can go wrong for a victim mentally.

I say that to say: The ones that were abused and turned around and continued the cycle? They’re not playing with a full deck of cards anymore, I don’t care how ok they may seem- They’re in a hosed up psychosexual abusive relationship... with their rapist. There is definitely a diminished capacity argument to be made about these girls and their culpability. I don’t think we gain anything by locking them in prison. Instead, court ordering psychiatric and psychological treatment and therapy and maybe probation (to keep them on a chain and able to be intervened with easily should the need arise) seems the most reasonable/humane thing to do.

But then.. what about the victims of these victims? They’re all ultimately Epstein and Co.’s victims, but don’t they deserve justice for everything that they went through? Epstein’s dead, so that ship has sailed. So that leaves his other victims turned recruiters. How in the wide world of gently caress do you achieve justice that is fair and just in this situation?

I don’t trust any prosecutors, judges, court, or jury, to get this poo poo right in the least. I can’t think of a worse outcome than “Throw them at the wall of justice and see what sticks.” So I have a very hard time thinking Epstein’s victims turned confederates should be prosecuted. At the exact same time I’m quite certain their victims deserve justice, and that some of that comes from punishing these girls for what they did.

What I’m saying is: The whole thing is hosed up from the floor up. I don’t know/think justice can be achieved in this case, and it’s loving awful. Just loving awful.

Goddamn pedophiles. Goddamn them.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

colachute posted:

I’m going to avoid current events but I’ll contribute to the pet posting.

Is Monty a specific breed or is he a mix? I’ve always wondered, thought I’d ask. He has very soulful eyes. A+ pupper.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I don’t know what the hell the deal is with this foot rub business, but I honestly hope for the sake of those girls that if true only that foot rub happened. That’s awful and weird enough. Of course this is the worst timeline sooooo.. :(

Weirdly enough though he pulled an episode of the simpsons from syndication and online platforms that featured Michael Jackson after he watched leaving neverland. This was recently, too. The episode was 27 seasons ago, and nobody was demanding it disappear to my knowledge.

Hopefully, maybe, possibly, most likely very unlikely, Epstein’s confederates weren’t all pedophiles.

I’m not gonna lie there’s a significant part of my brain that’s just going “Goddamit Matt Groening is a pedophile isn’t he?” just because he got on a private jet with Epstein and underage girls. That alone is sufficient for me to pop off tbqh. But then I’d expect some kind of accusation or evidence that he diddled girls, and that just doesn’t really exist yet. Key word is yet, I guess.

Man gently caress 2019.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

p. much

after roseanne got the boot i was pretty angry with her, then angry at myself bc she's talked openly about her schizophrenia before, it its like of course she went nuts on twitter.

https://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/roseanne-personalities-tough/story?id=103650 was the closest, Esquire did an interview w/ her in 2001 about it, just had to make sure it wasnt something i attributes to her mistakenly.

my family grew up watching the old show together, and I still love it. Simpsons was the same way- my parents were big fans of the tracy ullman show, and we watched it as a family.

i remembered growing up that there were tons of kids not allowed to watch the simpsons, and always felt cool that I was allowed to, and had a Bart-Man poster on my wall.

my parents were massive letterman fans too, so Mike Judge got a pass when Beavis and Butt-Head were controversial too.

only show my mom had issues with was ren and stimpy, weirdly enough. then again john k turned out to be a pedophile too so yeah gently caress everything

but yeah idk how the heck im gonna feel if im gonna have to do with the simpsons what i've already had to do with roseanne

and of course teenage girls got raped by billionaires which makes me feel lovely for caring about any of that stuff

so yeah gently caress 2019

Multiple Personality Disorder != Schizophrenia. Very different illnesses that require different interventions, treatment, therapy, and medication.

Roseanne has MPD. She cray cray.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Who is yang gang and what are you guys talking about?

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

NAPALM STICKS TO posted:

Wait so uh does anyone actually not think Epstein was Mossad or some other intelligence service asset and the whole thing was a honeypot designed to get blackmail material on powerful people?? Zero explanations of where his money actually came from. Zero explanations of how his one man operation continued to do well despite him going to jail in 2008, the most turbulent financial year ever. Zero financial filings related to his company. Not to mention Acosta (the prosecutor who originally cut the Epstein deal in 2008):

"He’d cut the non-prosecution deal with one of Epstein’s attorneys because he had “been told” to back off, that Epstein was above his pay grade. “I was told Epstein ‘belonged to intelligence’ and to leave it alone,” he told his interviewers in the Trump transition."

Where’d you get that quote from? Is it from a larger article? I’d like to read that article if you have it.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

EBB posted:

If that is true then the state of Israel sponsored pedophilia.

Not even close to the worst thing that Israel’s done, sadly enough.

Hell, the CIA has used underage girls and boys before for honey pots. I don’t know if they’ve done it since say, the 70’s, maybe the 80’s But they definitely did it back in the Cold War days. You can make someone an excellent source of intelligence if you’ve got photos (Or video now) of them having sex with a child, doubly so if it’s homosexual- in some cases. It’s an effective, though abhorrent and despicable and morally indefensible, tactic.

They loved using Thai and Filipino children. It’s all out there if you search for it. It’s super loving disturbing and you’ll wish you hadn’t searched for it. But they definitely did it. Back then the thinking was that intelligence was the key to staving off global thermonuclear war and essentially the extinction of the human race. So I guess in their minds, in those days, the calculus was such that it was “acceptable.” The hubris it takes to reach that conclusion, let alone acting on it, is astounding.

I’m not convinced we “won” the Cold War at all, TBQH.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

NAPALM STICKS TO posted:

Here's the article, there's actually many articles in many publications that reference the same quote. And then Acosta answered, on TV, that he "can't address that directly" when asked if he'd ever been told Epstein had intelligence connections, while under oath during confirmation hearings.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/jeffrey-epsteins-sick-story-played-out-for-years-in-plain-sight

I read that entire article and they didn’t mention anything about connections to intelligence- was it maybe a different article?

Edit- please don’t think I’m trying to dislike you or anything, I just genuinely want to see the article that says it because hooooly poo poo if he was an asset... I don’t know what the gently caress to think anymore.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Leviathan’s Wake was a masterpiece of sci-fi.

The rest are all utter garbage, as far as books go.

Absolute garbage.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Killing Quds is extra spicy, that pepper bites back, and not usually where your expecting it. Not that Israeli Security services aren’t up to the job if modern mythology is to be believed.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Do we or anyone else send planes into Pacific Typhoons? Is there a reason Hurricane Hunter aircraft have always been prop planes? Is there some sort of drawbacks to High Bypass Turbofans compared to turboprops in this flight regime? It’s something simple I’m missing, isn’t it?

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Turboprops are also inhaling a ton of water with their air and would be just as susceptible to crosswinds (which I’m guessing aren’t a huge engine issue, they’re a huge issue for other reasons as I understand it)

Turbofans are pretty resilient machines. Turboprops even more so.

I’m guessing that’s the reason.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

hobbesmaster posted:

The instruments might need a lower cruise speed that a turboprop is going to be much more efficient at.

This makes sense to me.

FAUXTON posted:

To be honest it's almost certainly "we had these planes on hand and they could take the equipment we needed to put in/on them" as a main reason with several other valid reasons added on to explain why they haven't adapted something like an A380 yet.

This also makes sense.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
That’s not just any sat imagery he released, USA-224 was the first EO successor to the failed FIA program. It’s literally our best and newest EO imagery satellite.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

holocaust bloopers posted:

Ahaha because of course

Yeah. This satellite cost more than a loving decked out Aircraft Carrier, and it’s advanced EO array is the latest gen sensors and optics.

This was definitely SCI, controlled under TK and probably was RSEN as well, given the nature of it all.

But there it is.

On loving Twitter.

I was critical of Hillary’s e-mail handling but she’s got jack poo poo on Cheeto Benito in the security risk department

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

M_Gargantua posted:

I’ve gotten to play with a lot of “very fun bits” but I haven’t even seen the acronyms TK or RSEN

Just dumb intelligence community programs/controls. TK stands for Talent-Keyhole, it is broadly one of our imagery SCI compartments. RSEN just means it’s risk sensitive, and clearly belies sources and methods and capabilities.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Godholio, chill. Literally nobody has crossed the sacred lines. Nobody other than literally the goddamn President of the United States, at least. And as we all know, he can, and will, do what he wants to do.

Like snapping an SCI pic of an Iranian rocket launch facility with analysis on it, and then using it in a tweet to assure the people of Iran that the U.S. had nothing to do with it.

Goddamn I wish I were making this poo poo up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
God almighty I do not miss MRE’s.