Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

my favorite thing about being hot is when we it gets cold and people are like "lmao who cares that it was 117 degrees in august and the south pole is literally on fire, global warming is not real because it snowed in february you dumb libs"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

A friend of mine brought up the point that we should be making public K-12 education funding more of a national issue since it's generally a local/state one, and I kind of agree with him.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

my go-to questions for climate deniers (which have all been older people):

what's the worst that happens if i'm wrong?

what's the worst that happens if you're wrong?

will you prove your stance by telling your grandkids that it's a risk you're willing to take?

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

LingcodKilla posted:

They were. Like a speedo cut across instead of up and he was golfing in them.

this is the real drawback of global warming

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

if a mexican shoots up a public place i wonder how fast we would be allowed to talk about the wall without it being too soon

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

i'm 100% serious when i say if you want gun control, run on the platform of arming all minorities.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Bored As gently caress posted:

In short, gun laws aren't going to solve the issue. What we need to do is to look at the problem holistically, and come up with science and fact based solutions that doesn't give the government more power and doesn't further infringe on people's rights to adequate self defense.

you might be right, but i want to try gun laws.

colachute fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Aug 4, 2019

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Bored As gently caress posted:

One thing I don't get is how people like you (and others in this thead) that want to see the end of gun ownership, is how do you support something that is going to take away or extremely restrict the ability of people to defend themselves. The elderly, ill or infirm, people with disabilities, the weaker/shorter people, and most women are more easily able to defend themselves from attackers with firearms. Mace/pepper spray is only so effective - it's not even close to 100% effective. Knives take some skill to defend yourself with, and you get too close to an attacker to safely use it anyway. A firearm is an equalizer. Whereas before firearms, a bigger, stronger attacker would easily victimize you, a disabled or smaller or weaker person could easily defend themselves against a much larger attacker. Will they be able to in every circumstance? No. But they'll have a hell of a better chance with a firearm than without. If my ex girlfriend who had muscular dystrophy in her legs had a firearm on her or in her purse, it's quite possible she would've been able to shoot her attacker, and then she never would've been brutally attacked and raped, then she never would've had a TBI and PTSD, and never would've self medicated with drugs, never would've become a junkie thief, and never would've eventually overdosed and died.

I think it's blind priviledge for males living in areas where police are less than 10 minutes away (or where there is low crime) to say "let's get rid of guns / lets make efforts to restrict access to guns for everyone."

put money into not having lovely cops and improving police infrastructure in rural towns and, get this, they could be the good guys with the guns. like, as a job, or something. possibly even a career.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

or how about this: everyone gets a firearm for self defense, but we abolish police since they seem to be so incredibly useless (an unsolvable problem!) that we need to be armed to the loving teeth

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Cugel the Clever posted:

Two of the last three mass shootings were ended by police shooting the terrorists within minutes. The chaotic bloodshed that would have occurred had they not been present would have been worse, particularly if a bunch of gun-owners in the crowd confusedly started popping off shots at anyone they believed to be the gunman.

tl;dr: gently caress anarchism, fix the state

we're talking past eachother. there is absolutely 100% no way to solve the problem of police presence in rural towns, or police presence around neighborhoods with the elderly. therefore, because of those people, johnny the psychotic veteran has to be able to easily go buy a rifle to shoot up a wal mart.

i finally get it now. we can't solve the lovely loving police in this country, so we can't disarm or have ANY type of firearm legislation come up. because we can't rely on the people paid to protect and serve to protect and serve.

why do republicans not have more faith in the police to be the good guy with the gun?

colachute fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Aug 4, 2019

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

how many people get killed by grizzly bears every year

and how many people get killed by firearms every year

obviously we have a grizzly bear problem and need firearms.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

BigDave posted:

Harris and Klebold probably wouldn't have been stopped with gun laws, mostly because Columbine wasn't a school shooting.

this is a real stretch in logic

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Godholio posted:

Not if you keep reading.

i did keep reading, but when 13 people die by getting shot, i don't think you can say "it wasn't a school shooting" regardless of the original intent. that's a ridiculous stretch in logic, and i would wholly expect a fox news pundit to trot it out to defend gun ownership.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

mlmp08 posted:

Eric Bradner (@ericbradner) Tweeted:
Beto O’Rourke on his way to his car was asked if there’s anything Trump can do now to make this better.

“What do you think? You know the poo poo he’s been saying. He’s been calling Mexican immigrants rapists and criminals. I don’t know, like, members of the press, what the gently caress?” https://t.co/zjLYf4mzBr https://twitter.com/ericbradner/status/1158196171451576321?s=17

this is a pretty good point. asking trump what to do or suggesting wht he can do about racism and violence is like asking what hitler can do about nazis :godwin:

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

bulletsponge13 posted:

If that dude did that to my son, I would be in prison. No hyperbole, that is a threat to my kid's life.
What the gently caress happening in America?

Ownin da libz

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

joat mon posted:

To be fair, there's only like 4000 people in the county.

probably like 2 million opioid pills though

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

what the gently caress

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

aphid_licker posted:

Is there anything in Russia that isn't on fire or exploding??

The White House if you’re being literal

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

EBB posted:

Work has scheduled two "Hostile Intruder Training" sessions today on extremely short notice. They've never done any training like this before, totally normal.

Is the training target practice? Because we need more good guys with guns, not good guys that run.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

I can’t imagine the emotions that dude went through while bringing his dad home. I imagine it was a dream come true, even if that it a bit morbid sounding.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Best Friends posted:

Is it because she didn't agree to make up enough Iran content or something else?

Her rope was probably a lot shorter because of this

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

If Russia really wanted to help move the US along in our journey of destroying ourselves they would publicly blame us for it.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Fister Roboto posted:

Yeah it's real obvious that none of the other survivors wanted to have anything to do with him, so he had to settle for getting a cheap photo with the only survivor who couldn't say no.

And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

https://twitter.com/w7voa/status/1159831982865620992?s=21

This fuckin guy. I’m not one to say he should go ahead with his stupid ideas but this one really has me curious and I hope he follows through more than just complaining at his nazi gatherings.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

I’ve always held Mullen in pretty high regard.

Tell me why I’m an idiot for this.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Like ten years ago (gently caress, even just five years ago), this Epstein stuff would be the biggest holy poo poo political scandal since... ever?

In 2019, it’s just Friday.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

If you can post on SA, you can Uber eats and take a bathroom break. Just don’t come back all gassy.

Probably impossible for you though.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

pantslesswithwolves posted:

A Tactical Mastermind: I will drive my easily identifiable and extremely distinctive vehicle to the scene where I intend to harass and intimidate people, maybe even getting my Active Shooter on. However, I will confound the authorities by wearing gloves, therefore not leaving fingerprints at the scene while I make my getaway!

He was eating a cactus that’s why he had the gloves

Or some other dumb poo poo

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

That’s an easy fix. Ever heard of PCP? Or Krokodil or whatever it is that makes you eat faces?

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Yeah but we still won that war in like two weeks remember?

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Vasudus posted:

I still have my IBA + plates because it fell off the books when I was leaving and I can't be bothered to deal with it, so it's sitting in my trunk of Army bullshit.

Second set of plates though because I fell real bad once and my mags on my chest broke the plate.

The pog-est broken plate story ever.

We had a guy who went outside the wire without a back plate for several months because his kit was in the truck and people started dropping boxes of ammo on it.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Arc Light posted:

Growing up means realizing you're not Trinity or the Agent. You're the fat cop who doesn't make the jump.

Don’t be rude. I’m not fat. If anything, I’m like Spider-Man.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

I’ve broken every finger except my thumbs (football). I have had bruised and had a small hairline in one from an IED launching me around the gunner hatch.

I’d rather break all of my fingers again.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Can’t wait for psydude to be on the doorstep of retirement when he’s 103 years old only to find out his retirement savings are getting garnished because he owes $8000 in TA50.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

psydude posted:

$8000 of TA-50 that was only worth $80 when I ETSed.

Make sure you keep track of the 9-volt battery that CIF wanted to charge me like $45 for.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Politicians tweet about it all the time and talk about how bad he is. That’s legitimately all we are going to get.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

I’ve been looking up the cost of living in various areas around the world — mostly not-the-UK-Europe. I’m not going to be one of the people who swears I’ll leave if trump wins, but I’m not going to rule out the possibility of moving out of the country all together.

I don’t care to stick around and watch this place implode and I’m not going to make it my responsibility to *~*vote*~* in 2024 to correct an unsolvable problem. I’ll just leave.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

If I’m being honest, I just don’t want to be associated with this poo poo. It’s going to get to the point where people look at the US and just assume (for good reason) that we are all racist gun toting pieces of poo poo. At this point I feel like on an international scale it’s just limited to trump and republicans and not ALL Americans... yet.

When you think Germany in the 1930s and 40s you immediately think Nazis. That’s how it’ll be when people look at the US in hindsight. I don’t want to be visible in that hindsight.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

I’m not one to shoot the messenger but my first reaction was gently caress you for posting this.

Jesus loving Christ

Jesus loving CHRIST

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

God dammit god dammit god dammit

gently caress

gently caress