Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Bored As gently caress posted:

Remember what that loving tool brought a snowball into the Senate?

Hopefully he's dead of old age or from his own stupidity by now.

lol I regret to inform you the motherfucker is still Oklahoma's pride and joy in the Senate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

FrozenVent posted:

Big news headline in Quebec today:

Baby got squished by a car in a drive-in theatre. Parents left the baby on the ground while they were picking up their lawn chairs.

Baby, on the ground, in a drive-in theatre. God drat people are dumb.

It's weird to see this kind of thing happen in other countries because there's not an immediate lawsuit against the establishment for not putting "caution: obvious things here" signs all over

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

FrozenVent posted:

The current public reaction, from online comments:

French people: “Who the gently caress leaves a baby on the ground in a drive-in?”

English people: “idiot should have looked before reversing!”

In conclusion Canada is a land of contrasts.

makes sense

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Imagine another 10 years when the national GOP is full of Dan Crenshaws

that'll gently caress up the softball game

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

lol I assumed "blended retirement" meant tanning your rear end and your liver on a beach with an unending river of margs

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

It's rad to see Bernie and Warren teaming up and I hope it results in them being the ticket in the general

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

My boss said he thought Warren/Sanders was the biggest threat to American Democracy so I too hope they are who the dems go with.

lol 'American Democracy' has from it's inception, with a brief exception in the 1860s, been intentionally tainted by an inbuilt vulnerability to slaver/racist sentiments and it's delivered pretty much what you'd expect to receive from a system ultimately controlled by a horde of perpetually aggrieved slavers who crank it to the idea of being french nobility, and their perpetually aggrieved racist heirs who crank it to the idea of being perpetually aggrieved slavers like the olden days.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

pantslesswithwolves posted:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...4e39_story.html

Please remember to send our beloved Mitch your thoughts and prayers.

Thinking of and praying for my homeboy Finny

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

I like to think that between the shootings, the Moscow Mitch thing, and the coal miners taking action, mitch cracked open his strategic pappy reserve to avoid thinking of the various things he has caused and/or abetted, and ended up tripping over a phone cord as he drunkenly swerved around the corridors of his presumably massive estate house.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

aphid_licker posted:

It has got to be possible to get a bipartisan consensus that if you are really into murder you get your license revoked and guns pulled. Like massage the wording a bit so it doesn't apply to Fox News commenters, old farts don't shoot as many people anyway. Just get the 8chan crowd disarmed.

Old farts tend to shoot their victims one at a time - lost people asking for help, kids waiting for a friend at the store, etc.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Stravag posted:

Someone who has their hippity hops too loud at a gas station...

Edit: wait did that guy only shoot one person or did he shoot every one in the car because castle doctrine gave him the right to not move away from the stereo i dont remember

I think he hit multiple people in the car but killed one

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Wasn't there someone who shot someone in a theater over talking too much or eating their popcorn too loudly?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Fallom posted:

A retired cop shot a guy after complaining about his texting. He tried to say he was defending himself after escalating the situation into a fight.

https://www.cnn.com/2017/03/10/us/stand-your-ground-movie-trial/index.html

For gently caress's sake

Honestly the mental health concern should be the mindstate of people who buy a loving gun expecting/hoping to shoot someone.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

It'd be the only insurance to cover what it says it'll cover without any arbitrary after-the-fact rescission.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

McNally posted:

Yeah, that at all addresses my point. Well done you.

If the people you're referencing considered it an expense that improved their personal well-being then they would absolutely support it.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

McNally posted:

A silver lining, you might say.

No, I'm saying they need to be reminded they have skin in the game by seeing their peers removed from office as a result of their intransigence on gun proliferation. It'll take years of effort by people who basically need to treat "removal of those fuckers from office" as their single issue though which I regret to say is not a big area of overlap in the venn diagram because anyone left of nazi is not a regular voter.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Fallom posted:

People might be right that arming blacks and gays is the way through this.

Given the one thing that caused them to do loving anything in the past what, 30 years, was the time a country music concert got shot up - yeah arming minorities and otherwise dispossessed and disenfranchised people is probably the most reliable path towards getting the fuckers on board with stemming the tide.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Controversial internet message board 8chan went offline Monday after internet infrastructure company Cloudflare stopped providing support for the website used by the suspected gunman in El Paso to post a hate-filled screed.

"We just sent notice that we are terminating 8chan as a customer effective at midnight tonight Pacific Time. The rationale is simple: they have proven themselves to be lawless and that lawlessness has caused multiple tragic deaths. Even if 8chan may not have violated the letter of the law in refusing to moderate their hate-filled community, they have created an environment that revels in violating its spirit," Matthew Prince, Cloudflare CEO wrote in a blog post.
The announcement was an about-face after Cloudflare told CNN earlier Sunday that it had no plans to stop providing its services to 8chan. The company had said it has been in contact with law enforcement about Saturday's mass shooting in El Paso, Texas, where the suspect is believed to have posted what police describe as a manifesto on 8chan minutes before the attack. People accused of a synagogue shooting in Poway, California, and shootings at two mosques in New Zealand also reportedly announced their plans on 8chan.
"We continue to feel incredibly uncomfortable about playing the role of content arbiter and do not plan to exercise it often," Prince said in the post.

They'll just end up with another host within a couple days but for now they're silent

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

RFC2324 posted:

Cloudflare isn't the host, its protection from being DDOS'd off the net.

Ah, well with any luck they won't find that protection any time soon and will continue to be DDOS'd into the void

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

facialimpediment posted:

Eh, it ain't all bad.

https://twitter.com/RandPaul/status/1158346607542362112?s=19

Fuckin windbag has less bag to wind with

lol guy's taking a full month off because (assuming here) he's getting some scar tissue removed from one lung.

strong as a bull moose he ain't

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

BigDave posted:

Do we really want Rand Paul back in office but with a painkiller addiction?

He would be far more representative of his constituency.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

El Mero Mero posted:

https://www.inverse.com/article/58332-police-use-of-force-homicides-study

IDGAF copmurderchat is our waking nightmare of a current event.

The wild hogs have gone too far

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Smiling Jack posted:

One of my coworkers just dealt with a familial sexual assault case. The perpetrator referred to it as "wincest".

the internet was a mistake

That's what the habsburgs called it too

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Casimir Radon posted:

The article also says Ivana almost miscarried Eric after they drove their car on the sand dunes in the Hamptons. What a shame.

lmao it shows

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Flying_Crab posted:

What exactly is the unit of measure on that detector? It looks like it’s reading mkP/4, unless it’s some Cyrillic abbreviation.

probably micro-roentgen/hr

FAUXTON fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Aug 8, 2019

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

GOD DAMNIT

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Sieverts these days, Roentgen is an old measure

Wouldn't it be something like "mkC" in Cyrillic, then?

E: it would be "mk3b" for microsieverts, but mkP is almost certainly microroentgen:

FAUXTON fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Aug 8, 2019

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Andreev Bay is also one of those ever-escalating-series-of-WHAT-THE-gently caress incidents too.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Stravag posted:

Ah yes, nitrile gloves. The comfort solution for texas desert hellheat

lol does he fuckin' think he's val kilmer or some poo poo

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

same but if you're used to the slower pace of more modern non-DOOM shooters you're gonna have a bad time

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

doomguy runs about 60mph so good luck

turns out doomguy also doesn't slow down after getting shot also

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

um body armor protects you from bullets duh

I mean maybe the first couple

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

hobbesmaster posted:

Why would you ever write 2 x 8

why does that weird me out the most

"I meant 28 but had a stray mark in the middle there"

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

I just hope it's all teenagers and not like 7 year olds. Investigating that poo poo took decades off my life and I still can't deal with hearing crying kids without needing booze or pills.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Weirdo footrub by a captive teenage sex slave

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Suicide Watch posted:

To no one’s surprise, changes in YouTube’s recommendation algorithm are suspected in leading to the rise in right wing nationalism in Brazil.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/11/world/americas/youtube-brazil.html?action=click&module=Top%20Stories&pgtype=Homepage

What’s ironic to me is how authoritarian regimes actively try to crush free speech/the media, but citizens in these struggling countries willingly eat up this right wing propaganda

That's because fascism is like an opioid.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Milo and POTUS posted:

Isn't it literally winter

yes

xmas is in the summer

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Not to mention the ski resorts in Victoria all being like "CROIKEY M8 WE JUST GOT BLOODY NEAR A METRE AN'A-HALF-A SNOW IN LESS THAN A WEEK" currently

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

holocaust bloopers posted:

Upbeat current event: Simone Biles is practically a superhero. She pulled off a physics-defying during a competition.

Yeah it's loving insane:

https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/1160722993682796546?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

neil armstrong did something similar on the agena mission but he had a gyro helping